Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Xbox360 vs. PS2/PS3

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freepixie
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Xbox360 vs. PS2/PS3 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm loving DDR HP2 on Wii and I'm looking to get a new console as Circuit City is liquidating their stocks, and wondering what you prefer - the DDR games on Xbox or on PS2 or PS3? I was leaning toward Xbox but wanted some feedback - I have until next Friday to decide (1-30-09) cause that's payday and I can't do anything until then!

So please let me know, which is better for DDR? Xbox? PS2? PS3?
View users profile Send private message
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, I have to say I have no experience with Xbox ... and there's not a ton of DDR for Xbox, pads seem to be harder to come by.

PS2/PS3 - PS2, ton of DDR for PS2, pads are definitely easier to come by.

PS3? only if you can find one of the older BC versions - specifically hardware BC - that would be the original 20g or 60g. The 80g, when it was BC was software emulation, the 40g was never BC and none of the new PS3 are BC.

I lucked out a couple months ago and got a beautifully refurb 20g PS3 for $250 and a really nice adapter - worked with 4 different pads, no lag, no problem.

But if you're looking to hit the auctions and stores for new or used DDR? Just get a PS2. Cheaper too, doesn't need coolers or anything fancy. In the summer I do put a small fan in front of the vents cause my apt. gets really hot. Otherwise? no problems.
tk421
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend getting the 360. Its a great gaming machine that you an get for a really cheap price these days and it has a ton of great games that no matter what type of games that you like, you can find something great to enjoy. DDR Universe 1 and 2 are great games, although universe 3 is absolutely terrible. You can get those 1" foam pads for the 360 for around $20 at circuit city right now as well, so I'd definitely check that out. You should be able to get a pretty nice haul depending on your local store's remaining selection and discount.

PS3 has no DDR games, and so far hasn't announced any coming out anytime soon.
jordybb
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: DDR Console Games Reply with quote

If i have to choose betwwin xbox with ps3 or ps2 i undoubtdetly choose xbox .. as i have both xbox and ps3 but i liked xbox much and i like the graphics is same of xbox and ps3 but the i get much games in xbox as compared to ps3..
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr

ps2
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hold a grudge against the Xbox 360 that was similar to Guitar Hero when it first came out so I don't have an Xbox. But I can tell you that there have been more releases for the Ps2. The ps2 versions are more Arcade-esque than the Xbox and Wii versions.

CHUCK BASS.
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY ALLL SUCK

CHUCK BASS DISAPPROVES
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: