Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR manga

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandel.M
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: DDR manga Reply with quote

im thinking about making one anybody got ideas for a story and stuff
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Rene_A
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh....make it like yugioh..but with dancing instead of cards? i dunno.

i think there is a ddr manga type thing around. ive heard of something of the sort around
bleedingdonkey (9:55:35 PM): HAI
bleedingdonkey (9:55:40 PM): I NOTICED
bleedingdonkey (9:55:43 PM): THAT YOU AAA'D SEVERAL SONGS ON DDR
bleedingdonkey (9:55:47 PM): I AM PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Rene Aq (9:55:58 PM): OMG WHY THANK YOU SIR
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
GERARDAMO
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10kcommotion.com
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would read it happy.gif Should you include Dance Dance Revoultion characters like Emi, or do copyright policies prevent that? Either way, maybe you can make up characters of your own. Maybe it could be like high school students on a Dance Dance Revolution team (it would be an official sport in your manga!). Or, it could be just a bunch of friends who play Dance Dance Revolution after school. Maybe they could confront a bunch of bullies and challenge them to the game (like Pokemon battles sort of in that they compete in a match instead of beating each other up). You could include In The Groove and other games too if it suits you.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed 10k Commotion a lot. It's too bad that she kind of let the project drop unexpectedly near the end. I'd love to see her give it a bit more of a substantial ending.

Regarding your manga;

Ever since I watched Air Gear, I have imagined that a DDR-based anime/manga could be made using a similar theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Gear

In Air Gear, the world seems to be obsessed with the new extreme sport of "air treks". All youths rally around this sport and partake in Air Treks in some form or another. The manga and show do a good job at showing how the youths compete against each other (both violently and non-violently) to prove who is the best. And everything they do and everything that happens is all tied in to this "sport".

It isn't too far of a stretch to relate this kind world to that of DDR and Bemani. We play the game constantly, many of us think about it night and day and also try to incorporate it into our lives as much as possible. Many "Bemaniacs" take the game to a point were many might qualify it as an obsession, and they take it very seriously.

I personally don't like the idea of mimicing the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh approach others are suggesting. But then again, I'm a bit older than the average player here and I never really got into any of those anime.

I suggest you checkout 10k Commotion and Air Gear to get an idea for what your manga should mold itself after.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: