Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Tokyo Game Action closed permanently; asset auction in May

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranatalus
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Tokyo Game Action closed permanently; asset auction in May Reply with quote

It is with a heavy heart that I report that Tokyo Game Action in Winchendon, MA is permanently closed. After flooding caused damage to the building this past December, TGA was closed indefinitely while Andy assessed the situation. You can read Andy's full announcement about it here.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
The Mole
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Here.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=133763

Yet another sad part of The Great Be-pression

Yes, I own my own DDR/ITG2 machine.

My scores are mostly upgrade.

Come by sometime and play.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow how sad. I've never been to TGA but I remember the excitement it generated on DDR Freak. Good luck to Andy.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really horrible. frown.gif
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really sad news. I always hoped to make out there, as I'm sure many others did. I hope he gets the support he needs. I'd definitely buy a machine if I could.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I just noticed this looking through the headlines.

This is roughly equivalent (for me) to the feeling an aspiring mountain climber might feel if Mt. Everest suddenly became a volcano and exploded. I've wanted to go to TGA and feel the magic myself for 3 years, ever since I first stumbled onto an arcade DDR machine. Knowing that possibly the greatest arcade in North America is gone is unbelievably demoralizing.

I hope the auction goes well.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: