Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What rating system do you prefer?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braeden 300
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: What rating system do you prefer? Reply with quote

What difficulty rating system to you prefer for Stepmania songs? Which system do you use now for your own simfiles? I use Extended ITG and I've used Extended DDR X. I prefer Extended ITG.

Traditional DDR(1 to 10): The system used by DDR before DDR X. 1 is an easy beginner song, 10 is songs like max 300, no ratings above 10.

ITG(1 to 13): Like Traditional DDR, but goes to 13 instead to indicate harder songs. No ratings above 13.

Extended ITG: Like ITG, but allows ratings above 13 for very difficult songs.

DDR X(1 to 20): The new rating scale used in DDR X that goes from 1 to 20. Max 300 is a 15 here.

Extended DDR X: Like DDR X, but allows ratings over 20 for very difficult songs.

Mungyodance(1 to 100+): Basically Extended ITG times 10, an ITG 10 would be a 100. Allows for more precise ratings.

Old Keyboard Scale: Before ITG, 11s and 12s were difficult keyboard songs harder than ITG 11s and 12s.

Other Scales: Pump It Up(1 to 23), IIDX(1 to 12), your own scale that you made up, etc.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The highest rating allowed on StepMania 3.9 is 15. And at any rate I prefer extended ITG, using the 14 and 15 ratings for songs harder than VerTex^2.
View users profile Send private message
Nathan.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally a good topic haha

DDR (pre-x)- obsolete

ITG isn't bad, I don't mind having 13+ ratings but people are retarded and have labeled their own charts 13+ just for the sake of making them 13+, it's turned everything completely arbitrary

what was nice about ITG 1-13 is that when all ITG was made by the official ITG dev team (pre r21) the ratings were all based on their ideas of what the 1-13 scale should be, and whether or not their ideas of what 9's,10's, 11's etc should be were correct, they were consistent. Or at least more consistent than an entire community posting their own charts with ratings based on their own often arbitrary ideas of the rating scales

I've never even heard of extended X and it sound completely useless. see above.

X doesn't really need to go up to 20. The entire system should only need to go up to 15 at MAX to differentiate between the tens, with decimal ratings for non-tens in 0.10 increments. But then of course all of that has the potential to....er, WOULD be turned arbitrary at some point

if you haven't noticed, I think ITG and DDR need their own rating system. Apples and Oranges.

MD: 1-100 is ridiculous

please tell me the difference between a 45 and a 46, an 84 and an 85, 70 and 71 etc

arbitrary much? I think so

Pump it Up, IIDX, and Keyboard ratings are all irrelevant. Comparing any one of those to four-panel gameplay is a joke, they're apples and oranges so-to-speak

(haha this is one fo the few really relevant, helpful responses ive made in awhile. I'm bored and killing time laugh.gif and I'm well aware I've massacred english language and grammar in this post)

~~~~ NIZZ-ATE
Ineffable
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favorite rating system is the one on DDR X.

1-20 gives you a big variety and enables a bigger learning gap.
juuni
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably ITG out of all of them.

HeavyD2 wrote:
The highest rating allowed on StepMania 3.9 is 15.

...No it isn't.
NAOKi SYNDROME
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working in increments of 10 feels nice, so naturally, I'll go with DDR Xs.
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I have never played ITG.
DDR X makes the most sense but I found it implimented weirdly. I mean, I would EXPECT the difficulty to be the same as the old one multiplied by 2 (give or take one). Instead I find it weird that, as stated MAX 300 has a 15 step rating instead of in the 18-20 range.

I haven't unlocked everything in DDR X yet but I heard that there are no songs that go up to 20. Which seems to defeat the purpose of having that as an upper boundry.

I like the old DDR style because that's what I'm used to but I admit it's far from perfect. I think the DDR X system has more potential though?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think new players would find DDR X system better, but I'm so used to previous versions it just throws me off.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty Nate wrote:

please tell me the difference between a 45 and a 46, an 84 and an 85, 70 and 71 etc

I'm pretty sure the way it works is that you just multiply the number by .10 . For example, an 87 would be equal to a 8.7 or a high end 8. I personally prefer systems like pre-DDR X or ITG's system.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: