Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution X (AC) confirmed: New arcade DDR Mix!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

80. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EuthanizeBawlingToddlers wrote:
(or for that matter 1st mix where stepping on an arrow that didnt have something to stompy behind it got you a miss)
Only if you were playing in Append Mode. Wasn't like that in regular.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
(or for that matter 1st mix where stepping on an arrow that didnt have something to stompy behind it got you a miss)
Only if you were playing in Append Mode. Wasn't like that in regular.

or original home release
Staff Member
Staff Member

82. PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or original home release
Only in Append Mode. I have the original home release.

EDIT: Or maybe it's callled "arrange" mode. I'll have to check when I get home. Haven't played the original home release in probably seven years. Anyway, original home release in regular (arcade) mode didn't penalize for false stepping.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
or original home release
Only in Append Mode. I have the original home release.

EDIT: Or maybe it's callled "arrange" mode. I'll have to check when I get home. Haven't played the original home release in probably seven years. Anyway, original home release in regular (arcade) mode didn't penalize for false stepping.

mine does?

unless there have been multipul ggames released as ddr 1st mix
Staff Member
Staff Member

84. PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does?

Is it a bootleg of some sort? Mine was released simply as "Dance Dance Revolution," since there were no other DDR games out yet (for the Playstation, that is). To get it to penalize for false stepping, I have to switch out of the regular arcade mode to arrange mode, in which case you get an "Ouch!" statement for false steps.

It does not do that in the regular play mode.

EDIT: Sure enough, got home, hooked up the Playstation to double-check; the regular Arcade mode in the original home release does not penalize you for false stepping, only for missing or being off of the correct steps. Only Arrange mode will penalize you with an "Ouch," which seems to hurt a lot worse than a regular "Miss."
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
mine does?

Is it a bootleg of some sort? Mine was released simply as "Dance Dance Revolution," since there were no other DDR games out yet (for the Playstation, that is). To get it to penalize for false stepping, I have to switch out of the regular arcade mode to arrange mode, in which case you get an "Ouch!" statement for false steps.

It does not do that in the regular play mode.

EDIT: Sure enough, got home, hooked up the Playstation to double-check; the regular Arcade mode in the original home release does not penalize you for false stepping, only for missing or being off of the correct steps. Only Arrange mode will penalize you with an "Ouch," which seems to hurt a lot worse than a regular "Miss."

nope it is legit

the only thing I can think of is at the time I was using a gameshark to play it (have sense invested in a jps2) i suppose the code i used jiggered with the settings
Staff Member
Staff Member

86. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suppose the code i used jiggered with the settings
Hmm, I guess that could probably do it. Not sure of the coding behind the different settings, but I'd not be surprised if they took the path of least resistance and just had a single bit flag checked. And just "if(bArrange)"'d on every hit (also assuming they're using that awful Hungarian notation.

I have a regular Japanese Playstation of whatever model was out around September 1998 (assuming the local game store was selling the latest model).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: