Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help with stepmania.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakaLaka08
Basic Member
Basic Member

Location: Why is everybody looking at me.....uh.....uh.....29!
0. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Help with stepmania. Reply with quote

Okay I know I probably sound like a noob wen I ask this, but on original ddr games, the song groups are separated by color of the letters. like the harder challenge songs would be red. On stepmania, Im not sure how 2 seperate songs that way, wen I put them in seperate folders, it just has me choose only one folder 2 open wen I choose the songs.
Waka Laka, Dive, Break Down, Midnite Blaze, Monkey Punk, Love Shine, Love Love Sugar, Only You, Dream A Dream, Speed Over Beethoven, Candy, Silent Hill, Honey Punch, Flowers, True Love, Sweet Sweet Magic, I Do I Do I Do, Cant Stop Fallin In Love, My Only Shining Star, My Summer Love, Rainbow Rainbow, Doll, Babys Tears, Morning Glory, Tierra Buena, Dynamite Rave, Moon, Nijiiro, Cartoon Heroes, Crash, 1998, Kiss Kiss Kiss, Put Your Faith In Me, Miracle Moon, Polovtsian Dance And Chorus, Colors
View users profile Send private message
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know how to make songs red, heavy has to be 10 feet or harder. You can't do much else with the songwheel colors in 3.9.
View users profile Send private message Send email
MyChemicalRomance
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Let's say I wanted to put the 1st and 2nd ddr mixes on stepmania. This is what I"d do:

Go to Stepmania Program Folder, go to Songs, Make a folder called 1stMix, and then put all my song files for the 1st Mix into that folder.
Then if I open Stepmania all the songs of the 1st Mix will be a random color, lets say blue.

Now for the 2nd Mix:
Go to Stepmania Program Folder, go to Songs, Make a folder called 2ndMix, and then put all my song files for the 2nd Mix into that folder.
Then if I open Stepmania all the songs of the 2ndMix will be a random color, lets say green.

So every new Mix or group of songs you add, as long as you make a new folder for them, they'll be given a color just like the arcade. And as the above poster said, all the ten footers will be red, and there's nothing you can do about that.

I know it's kinda confusing, and I might not of explained it to well, so if you have any more questions just add 'em here and I'll try to explain better. Hope that helped!
WakaLaka08
Basic Member
Basic Member

Location: Why is everybody looking at me.....uh.....uh.....29!
3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both, it did help. I wasnt sure if it worked that way or not, I thought they were all the same color but just were seperately categorized.
Waka Laka, Dive, Break Down, Midnite Blaze, Monkey Punk, Love Shine, Love Love Sugar, Only You, Dream A Dream, Speed Over Beethoven, Candy, Silent Hill, Honey Punch, Flowers, True Love, Sweet Sweet Magic, I Do I Do I Do, Cant Stop Fallin In Love, My Only Shining Star, My Summer Love, Rainbow Rainbow, Doll, Babys Tears, Morning Glory, Tierra Buena, Dynamite Rave, Moon, Nijiiro, Cartoon Heroes, Crash, 1998, Kiss Kiss Kiss, Put Your Faith In Me, Miracle Moon, Polovtsian Dance And Chorus, Colors
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: