Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official EchoDancE Simfile Contest ENA Point O

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masta Beta
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: The Official EchoDancE Simfile Contest ENA Point O Reply with quote

Cross-posted from EDOFreak:

So you guys are wondering what this is all about?

Well, it's very simple. This contest is a contest to have a simfil put in my game. What makes this interesting is that this contest is open to anyone. Your mother's, your father's, people, black and white, and everything in between. I truly mean anyone.

This contest is also to show what load of crap StepMix is. I want to show the DDR community what a real simfile contest is.

The rules are the following:

-No Disconnected Hazard simfiles allowed, that song blows balls.
-No DDR/ITG/PIU/IIDX (and every other official arcade rhythm games) songs allowed for use for your submitted simfile.
-Simfile must have Novice-Expert, and optional, a six difficulty, that being Edit in SM terms. An extra sixth difficulty gives bonus points. Double steps also give bonus points but not really that much.
-Your simfile work cannot be released on the internet, or have been in the past (ie Bemanistyle, FFR, etc.) The only time your simfile should be released
-All ITG features are allowed. (IE rolls, hands, mines, etc etc.)
-Images are not required, because the winning simfile will have custom images produced by the EchoDancE image team. But, a simple microsoft paint image that shows the name of the simfile, and the artist of the song, not the stepmaker, is required. Banner dimensions are 256 X 80.

Simfiles will start being accepted now, and submissions will end on Friday, May 11th, at midnight.

How do you submit your simfile?

It's simple. You make a thread is this sub-forum. The thread title is to state: "Simfile name", by, and "Artist name".

In your description, you must state the difficulty numbers, based on ITG difficulty, and a little statement to the EchoDancE Team if you wish.

Make sure you make this a poll thread. Write in your question, "Is this simfile good." And leave two options, being "yes" or "no". Between the time you submit your simfile and midnight May 11th, people will be able to comment and vote on your simfile. Every vote and comment will be taken account of after May 11th. The judges will make the decisions to decide the 32 (or 64, depending on how many entries we get) to continue on with the contest.

Note that this is a PAD simfile contest. A KB simfile contest will be conducted in the future.

Judges will be determined by me personally. No one can apply for judging unless I say you can be. I want to have the judges a short distance from me so we can meet up, discuss the simfiles, and come up with a final conclusion.

You cannot re-submit your simfile. Once you upload your file to me, that is considered a final draft or your work, and is what will be used for the contest.

Every time a round ends. All the threads are put into an archive forum for reference. And I, personally will remake the threads to start the next round. Voting and comments will begin again and every week, a round ends and the judges announce the simfiles that make it to the next round.

The final eight simfiles all get a chance of making it into EchoDancE. The winner gets their simfile in guaranteed. The other seven runner ups will get a serious look, and I will announce if one or more of those runner up simfiles makes it into the game.

I hope to see a huge turnout and good luck to all of you.

******RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE******

Submit your simfiles here: http://edofreak.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: