Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG2U Auto-Pruning High Scores?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: ITG2U Auto-Pruning High Scores? Reply with quote

I was playing ITG2 on an Upgrade tonight, when I got 99.78% on Birdie Expert. This tied my best, so I entered my name as "KIBA". My friend played immediately afterward and got 99.35%, which should be the #3 score at least (after both my 99.78's). To our shock, he did not get #3 but instead got #2: the machine had totally deleted my tied 99.78%!

To examine further, we tested Da Roots. I played it and got 99.59%, again machine record #2, and entered it as KIBA. To our surprise, after he played it again, KIBA was again gone from #2; only my high score remained.

We've concluded that ITG2U at least, and probably dedicated ITG2 machines as well, automatically prune the top ten list of identicial initials, preserving a real "top ten players" list, rather then the top ten scores ever gotten on the machine. Can we have some information, preferably from ITG staff, to confirm or deny this hypothesis?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was common knowledge by now =\.

Every ITG2 machine I've seen does this.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember talking to Plaguefox about this in the ITGFreak channel on IRC a while back.

He told me that a feature of ITG2's scoreboards was that it removed "name spamming." You cannot have more than one ranking/position on the top 10 for a song/difficulty anymore. If you already are in the top 10, your highest score is counted for the top 10 scoreboard.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boochypa wrote:
I thought this was common knowledge by now =\.

Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for adding nothing to the thread.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its true. If it wasnt, Id have a LOT more records than I do now. I just use different names when Im fooling around
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: