Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What cables do I need?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnddrguy1
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: What cables do I need? Reply with quote

What cables do I need to connect my dell inspiron 6000 to a tv so I can play stepmania on a tv? cause I'm tired of bringing my ps2 to college I would rather just bring my laptop with some dance pads. and as for dance pads I'm just gonna forget about getting usb ps2 connectors for the softpads and buy some red octane ignition pads and a carrying bag. I would really like to know cause it would help out greatly.
View users profile Send private message
NVWC2006
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it depends, i'm not familiar w/that laptop model and even the same model can have different ports on it.

some laptops and some desktops have an S-Video Out plug on them, which you can use to hook directly to any new video appliance, like a tv, vcr, or DVD player.

if you don't have that, many if not all laptops these days have a VGA Out plug on them.. it's like a small, rounded off trapazoid plug..

there are wires one can purchase at their local electronics store, that can connect to this plug, but then connect to a TV as coxial, S-Video, Component video, or the yellow video wire from the red-white-yellow AV wires. it depends on what one you choose to buy based off of what you have.

once you hook all that up, it SHOULD work. if it doesn't, then you just need to adjust the display drivers on your computer to send the signal to more than one monitor.[/img]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
InhaleX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally, a topic on this. i been waiting for one. laugh.gif . so that can be purchased at radio shack then. so do you insert that plug into the spot where the moniter is currently attached?
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: