Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help Question!!!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicoga3000
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Help Question!!! Reply with quote

So I've been playing DDR for just over a year and ITG for 2 months or so...I can pass a bunch of songs and all, but I try Expert songs and fail big time. I can't do the 16ths. My muscles are a) not fast enough and b) have not enough endurance. So my question is simple but kind of nerdy, haha.

Are there any:

Exercises I can do to condition my legs better?

Songs to work on to start getting used to fast streams of arrows (the strem in Zodiac Expert is an example - not too fast, just...well, you know...streamy)?

Thanks a bunch for ANY input. E1.gif
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing an ITG 2 machine, I would recommend Sweet World Expert as practice for the 16th note runs. That's the slowest I can think of right off the bat.

EDIT: Although Sweet World does have some crazy weird gallops.
View users profile Send private message
Capajoe
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Temple of Boom easier biggrin.gif....

It all depends if you can do hands or not (Queen of Pain is a good 1 if you can do hands, Bend Your Mind is also good...)
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capajoe wrote:

It all depends if you can do hands or not (Queen of Pain is a good 1 if you can do hands, Bend Your Mind is also good...)

Queen of Pain...? Do you mean Queen of Light?
Spartan22x
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen of Light doesn't have too many 16ths... just a couple at the beginning, a couple gallops in the freeze stream and after it, and those triplet (whatever they're called) things at the end, which are pretty easy to hit if your thighs arn't dead from doing all the hands. I'm also trying to work on my footspeed for doing some of the 10's, like Fleadh Uncut Ex... I can't seem to hit those 16ths yet. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...okay, coming from someone who does suck at fast 1/16th runs... here's how to work your way up.

Get started with stuff like Turn It On and That Sound. They're both fairly slow, and have a couple of tricky and fast 1/16th runs. They're kind of tough nines, so they're good practice for the rest of Expert. Bumble Bee is also pretty good practice, with its long set of back to back groups of three 1/16ths.

Once you have those down pretty well, start trying My Favorite Game and Fleadh Uncut as your last song. My Favorite Game uses some weird techniques, and has some long Drop Out-esque runs at the end. Fleadh Uncut, the song is slow, but the runs are long. Spin Chicken is also good, with lots of sets of seven 1/16ths at a fairly slow speed.

Now, things start getting tricker. A lot of the 10s have really high-speed runs. The slower ones that don't involve tons of turning (I don't mind turning, but if you're not good at it, you'll probably want to stick to these) are Energizer (hard) has a couple of long, tough runs. Same goes for Temple of Boom. Tribal Style doesn't have any long runs, but it has pretty constant 1/16th stuff, so it can be either easy or hard.

Remember, though, these are specifically recommendations for building up foot speed. I by no means imply that these are any easier or harder than other expert songs, they're just comparatively slow songs that you can use to get faster at runs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time being consistent with 16th runs at high speeds. I got Disconnected Hyper nailed down with a decent score after a few tries, but I can't do the first run in Destiny for the life of me. I'm trying to pass all 11s, but with stuff like July, Monolith and *shudder* Hardcore Symphony, I think the only way to pass these would be to improve my ability to do fast streams... how do I do that? Hyper isn't much practice because the stream's pretty short.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capajoe wrote:

Holy crap Queen of Pain

I practiced Charlene, actually.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Question!!! Reply with quote

nicoga3000 wrote:
Are there any:

Exercises I can do to condition my legs better?

Songs to work on to start getting used to fast streams of arrows (the strem in Zodiac Expert is an example - not too fast, just...well, you know...streamy)?

If you are talking about doing something other than ITG or DDR to strengthen your leg muscle, try using a tredmill or running alot (such as cross-country or track).

A Song (in my opinion) that might help you get those streams: Bouff, it is almost twice as fast as Zodiac, but it only has 8th runs instead of 16th runs. 16th's Zodiac = 428bpm, Bouff 8th's = 400bpm.

I hope this helps. E1.gif

Groovestats l ITG Edits l My Simfiles l PUI Ranking
Dancing games are for fags.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Capajoe
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember December or Hybrid might be good also.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: