Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

C-Mod's De'q...What do you think?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Letter K
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: C-Mod's De'q...What do you think? Reply with quote

I personally don't like C-Mods. I think they're cheap and an easy way out of dealing with the song's true difficulty. I'm very glad that in ITG2 they will disqualify the user(s) for a Top Ranking.

What do you think?

Last edited by The Letter K on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Justican
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C mods are a good way to practice, so there good to have. However getting dependant usually remove some challenge and the changing BPM's normally make you better adjusted to mods when playing in marathons.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Mod's De'q...What do you think? Reply with quote

K.AuthoR! minus the ! wrote:
I personally don't like C-Mods. I think they're cheap and an easy way out of dealing with the song's true difficulty. I'm very glad that in ITG2 they will disqualify the user(s) for a Top Raking.

What do you think?

Actually, if a song has no bpm changes, it won't DQ you from the ranking.

Except for some reason it DQs you for using cmods on destiny, and destiny doesn't change bpm. Oh well.

EDIT: Ha, I tried to correct your spelling and I got it wrong, whoops.

Challenges, please.

[vr20] OmegaSox wrote:
Get the fuck over yourself, go get your 25 great full combo on LTBHE, and eat some ice cream.

Last edited by JasonTheGreater on Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
The Letter K
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonTheGreater wrote:

Actually, if a song has no bpm changes, it won't DQ you from the rannking.

Fixed

Justican wrote:
C mods are a good way to practice, so there good to have. However getting dependant usually remove some challenge and the changing BPM's normally make you better adjusted to mods when playing in marathons.

That's true, it helps to understand the steps and for me, I've used it on VerTex Medium in the past. Now I somehow do the holds at the end subcontiously. blink.gif
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Mod + Robotix = No DQ

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
C-Mod + Robotix = No DQ

#DisplayBPM bug?

Also, I wish there would be custom Cmods. I hated how they lowered C500 to C450. I want C650 or C600 god dammit! 450 and 200 are too slow, plus 500 and 300 were slow too. :[

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the topic creator: CMods also disqulaified you on ITG1.
View users profile Send private message
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the idea of them being something like 2.65x or something like that. But then again, I don't use them. The part about Robotix is rather weird, I must say.

Destiny... hmmm.. weird. There aren't any pauses in the song, are there? (It's been a while since I've been able to play) Or maybe there IS a BPM change in it that isn't displayed. I dunno. *scratches*

I need to check my PS2 copy and see if C-Mods DQ you with On A Day Like Today, since the BPM range is 134-134, I believe. (Always was weird to me there)

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimTheFly wrote:
I personally like the idea of them being something like 2.65x or something like that. But then again, I don't use them. The part about Robotix is rather weird, I must say.

Destiny... hmmm.. weird. There aren't any pauses in the song, are there? (It's been a while since I've been able to play) Or maybe there IS a BPM change in it that isn't displayed. I dunno. *scratches*

I need to check my PS2 copy and see if C-Mods DQ you with On A Day Like Today, since the BPM range is 134-134, I believe. (Always was weird to me there)

Don't bother. There is a long topic on ITGFreak about this, where people tried everything. Results:
1) On ITG1, CMods disqualify you from songs with minor BPM changes like On a Day Like Today. They don't in ITG2, though.
2) There is a bug with #DisplayBPM. If you use DisplayBPM, CMods will not disqualify. It also works on the current version of Stepmania (maybe on the CVS as well). Therefore Robotix doesn't DQ. However, that doesn't explain why Destiny DQs, because even if it has a BPM change that was masked by DisplayBPM, it shouldn't DQ due to the above bug.
_Jew_
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm but then we all look at the fact that some people used the bar in DDR back in the days everything was considered crazy, then later stopped. C-mods seem fair as a crutch to learn, I use em untill I get better at the steps.

I say it should hamper the score you get a bit, rather than just disqualify.

Why not just wait for you to be told rather than ask?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
claw
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-mods not dq'ing you on robotix will make the expert chart not fun to rank on frown.gif

lol if you remember this from before
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.AuthoR! minus the ! wrote:
JasonTheGreater wrote:

Actually, if a song has no bpm changes, it won't DQ you from the rannking.

I am an idiot.

Fixed.

I don't play to get in the ranking, so I use C-mods quite a lot. They're useful.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm used to reading a wide range of scroll rates, and I learn a song's stops and tempo changes quickly, so I never bother with C-mods. I put most songs on 1.5x, whether they're at 100 BPM or 200. I think they definitely should DQ, and I'm glad that they do (Why not Robotix?!?!), but personally I find that I perform worse with a CMod in a tempo-changing songs. The spacing between arrows is very important to me, so if that changes, it throws off how I read the steps.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a bug.

It's like how Destiny has now BPM changes but using C mods on that disqualifies you there. It is the same with Robotix, but vice versa.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: