Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Gimme a hand

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baby Lemonade
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Gimme a hand Reply with quote

So I'm playing last night a bit before watching Resevoir Dogs with my girlfriend, and she's only seen DDR. I play Queen of Light, just so she can see the bit of difference between the games. After I finished she was just laughing so I'm like, "What?" Basically she said that I looked like a 'retard' doing all the hands. (Her choice of words, I'm just saying it to keep the quote accurate).

I know you can tap hands with your feet if you want. I'm not great at it, but I know it's done. So on to the question. Do most people go down and actually use their hands?

I noticed the other day after playing for quite a long time, that my quads were getting really tired from basically doing 40-some squats playing some of those songs. At that point, I was just thinking how much easier it would be to not have to crouch.

Sorry if this post has been made a bunch of times already. I couldn't find one.
View users profile Send private message
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the song. I'll use hands on Anubis, a little on QoL, and on double-freeze holds. I don't like BYM, because I can't pass it yet; I double-step/tap the freezes, and use my feet on quads and triples.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to use my hands because it improves my accuracy when I'm not frantically trying to get back to hold the freeze. Also, when I see people do hand-jumps without using their hands by slamming the crap out of the pad, it makes me want to cry E2.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, it's close to an even split between players who actually use their hands and players who use their feet for everything. I use my hands most of the time, but sometimes I prefer feet. Habanera-1 expert double (holds are short enough), While tha Rekkid Spinz expert double (because I have trouble figuring out what's a hand and what's not), occasionally ! expert or Summer Speedy Mix expert (because I don't always see them coming in time), or if I'm just feeling crazy. If I'm familiar enough with a chart, though, I'll always use my hands, because I'm more accurate with them, and it's the officially correct way to do it.

I definitely hear you about getting tired from going up and down for the whole song... Just keep doing it, and it'll get easier over time.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
claw
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hands if they're during a freeze, but if its 3 or 4 at a time I just jump fast from say up.gif left.gif to down.gif right.gif , so fast that it counts it as at the same time. You just have to learn how to time that.

lol if you remember this from before
View users profile Send private message
DJZylch
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Even though that would work why would you drain your stamina when bending over to tap it with your hands would be less draining?
Hello Kitty wouldn't be half as cool if it was like, Hello Parakeet
Evilhawk 78 wrote:
That's not fair! That's like trading a Charizard for a Weedle!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more tiring for me to get my hands down, because I can't touch my toes when standing straight up. So, if I want to do hands, I have to do some tricky leg-bending.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Boochypa
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJZylch wrote:
^ Even though that would work why would you drain your stamina when bending over to tap it with your hands would be less draining?

Because it's not less draining?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Gimme a hand Reply with quote

I like to use hands! Althoght some people think that its retarded and laugh at u ( laugh.gif) , some might be really impressed and think its awsome. Plus, I think its fun and looks impressive. E7.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
djzmudpony
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my hands when there are holds involved. But where there is a quick L+D+R or another 3/4 panel hit, I just use my feet to hit multiple arrows at once. Mind you, I'm not one of those "stomp as hard as I can and hope it registers" kind of people.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: