Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane End of Summer Sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heffenfeffer
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: And yet, most Gamecube games have almost no load time... Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
OuTiE wrote:
God...is a 30-45 second load time really that bad at all?
Meine lieben...Any console game with that kind of load time should never break sales of 100 units.
OuTiE wrote:
I personally like it; It gives me a chance to rest for a second before the song starts and to rest afterwards.
As has been said elsewhere, while this has its own artificial benefits, the fact is that people tend to rest at the songwheel, and the longest delay tends to be the one after you select a song but before the song starts. You know - at the point at which you're done resting and ready to play again.

Actually, I charted this out a while back:

Code:

1p/2p Select       Song Select       Song End
        -> Song Select   -> Song Start     -> Results
ITG       9.5 sec.       8.0 sec.             10.5 sec.
DDR       2.0 sec.       4.5 sec.              4.0 sec.
(USMax1)

Oddly enough, the shortest delay in ITG is the one you mentioned (though it's still nearly twice as long as DDR's delay, which is also masked by '1st Stage!' and moving status bars/backgrounds, etc.)

The thing is ITG attempts to mask this as well, what with the constantly moving 3D arrows and mines background behind every screen, but that itself locks up whenever the PS2 is loading. Still, I concur that RoXoR really needs to tighten up load times when/if ITG2 hits consoles. At least they could let the background keep running or something (or get rid of it if it will save on load time.)

"Your charisma exceeds that of mortal men. Many would lay down their lives for you." - Fall-From-Grace
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
The Long Arrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm on board. $20 was enough to pique my interest and I just ordered my ITG although I have never seen an ITG machine anywhere. At least I get to see what all the arguing is about.
MiiChan
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupidbarber wrote:
Although I really like some of the tunes on ITG2 (the console version, that is) I hate the delay between songs so much that I almost never play it. Particularly depressing is the delay that you are forced to endure if you fail a level, get life depleted, and have to re-load the whole game. I timed it - minimum of 45 seconds to get back up and playing again. It would be great if I'm wrong and there is a trick to get around this - anyone?

That's why you extract alll the files on there and play it on stepmania. At least, that's what I did. That, and like having everything on my computer, so I have all of DDR, ITG, and select PIU songs to choose from.

On the loading issue...just think of it as a period you should be recovering from your fail. I know if I fail something, it's probably becuase I tried something too hard. Need to catch your breath afterwords.
View users profile Send private message
stupidbarber
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiiChan wrote:
That's why you extract alll the files on there and play it on stepmania. At least, that's what I did. That, and like having everything on my computer, so I have all of DDR, ITG, and select PIU songs to choose from.

Yes! I just realized this a day or so ago, and it seems like the perfect answer. But... I can't find the utility programs (UnITG.zip) anymore to unpack the files. Are they still around somewhere?
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the torrent which is located *somewhere*, it has the disc already ripped. Note to you and to the mods, the torrent is NOT illegal because he actually bought the game.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: