Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

10 11 and 12 "footers"
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnoct wrote:
Alezay wrote:
-LoC- [L.o.G.] Ninja. wrote:
Alezay wrote:
16ths at 132 to 8ths at 290..........uhhh SLOWER????? less jumps??? no.

Yes. Slower. Learn basic math.

Learn my nuts. Do you know what sarcasm is? *coughobviouslynotcough*

because we all know how easily sarcasm is conveyed over the internet

Nice sarcasm there. However, I agree with Gabe.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Davo-1
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think anyone is being a "DDR f.ag" i prefer ITG over DDR, but, PSMO would be an 11 in my opinion. Mythology is a bit underated but not quite, its pushing towards an 11. I can pass every song cept for pandy which i mainly blame because i play with my toes. A friend of mine can do every 11 except for the beginning in ITG, and cant pass PSMO, i know the beginning is harder but not by much, but when it comes down to it, psmo is harder than mythology, because it is faster.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is why it might be a good idea to have a "half" rating. PSMO could be a 10.5, really hard 9s might be 9.5, etc. To join the guessing game, I'll say PSMO would likely be a 10; if it were an 11, it'd be an awfully weak one.

Oh, and no confluent hypergeometric functions, wrath04? That might have conveyed your point better than a simple integration concept. nerd.gif E13.gif

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
wrath04
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and no confluent hypergeometric functions, wrath04? That might have conveyed your point better than a simple integration concept.
Hahaha atleast someone here understands.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the thing everyone is missing: psmo is shorther than itg songs. believe me, if it was extended by a THIRD of its length to the average duration of itg songs, it would put mythology to shame.

611 steps multiplied by 4/3 = makes for over EIGHT HUNDRED steps, which I believe is more than any ten footer, as well as most elevens.
Edit: more than euphoria, too.

Last edited by mtwieg on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
triad
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MYGAMES!Kiba wrote:
PSMO would probably be an 11.

You know I was just woundering that today. And you answered my question without me even asking it. E1.gif

http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=songs&user=1059
http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=viewprofile&user=1059
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 11 and 12 "footers" Reply with quote

jimbojimmy wrote:
Do you guys think that these 11 12 and even that 13 should be considered that or do u think they r just 10 footers like ddr but harder only a little? I think that some shouldnt be that high of a difficulty like vertex shoulndt be a 12 I think it should be a 10 or 11 cuz its onlt that 612 bpm part that is hard but if u have that super cool mod c450 its e z to read.

The foot readings really have trouble carrying over in some respects. These are some of my thoughts:

ITG's 9's are much harder for beginners, but are easier for expert players than DDR 9's. Cartoon Heroes or Healing Vision >> Driving Force Classical or No1 Nation.

ITG's 10's seem much easier than DDR's 10's technically. They are just longer. (except Mythology)

ITG's 11's are like DDR's 10's but faster/longer runs and longer length. Still, many of them are technically easier than DDR's 10's. It seems it would be easier to get a full combo on Charlene than The Legend of Max.

ITG's Vertex and Delirium are like ITG 11.5's. Don't assume Vertex is the "average" 12. Most people think it's misrated.

ITG's (real) 12's and 13's are f--king hard. Harder than PSMO. Harder than playing PSMO twice in a row with no rest break. Harder than a whole set of PSMO's and a Legend of Max ES. To even compare them is a sad joke.

So in summary: ITG's harder difficulties makes Max300 look like Sakura.

Last edited by tac-tics on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 11 and 12 "footers" Reply with quote

tac-tics (who can't PA) wrote:

ITG's Vertex and Delirium are like ITG 11.5's. Don't assume Vertex is the "average" 12. Most people think it's misrated.

If you're good at playing with mines, VerTex gets a whole lot easier. Without mines, it's just a stamina-drainer with an ending that just requires you to be a little bit sneaky in the manner in which you read the arrows. Of course, VerTex^2 is another story... devil.gif

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Davo-1
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here's another perspective, its all about the player and playing style that may lead people to say which songs should get which ratings,
i guess im weird because i have a big problem with delerium and vertex, but tell, hardcore, and euphoria really dont bother me, stamina isnt a problem for me, i could do 12's all day. My problem is just long strings of 16ths with fast bpm that really get me. So maybe im just weird or maybe it has to do with the fact that i play with my toes and not my whole foot, but im sure there are good toe players out there.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: