Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane Afterburner
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snickers1127▶◀
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the opportunity to try an Afterburner, and I liked it due to the increased sensitivity compared to most arcades and the recessed panels. However, I had some difficulty with the sensitivity of the corner buttons, and found that I had to use extra effort to get a response. I've had some similar experiences with freeze arrows in arcades b/c I'm a very light person (110 lbs).
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeyninja84 wrote:
mangojoyride wrote:
the question is, will it be just as reliable as a cobalt flux?

because if it is just as good as the CF, ill buy it just for the recessed panels.

From www.cobaltflux.com , updated 5/26/05

Cobalt Flux wrote:
Arcade-Style Mod Kit

Have you been wanting more feedback from your Flux? A platform that feels more like DDR arcade? How about PIU? Either way, we've got you covered! Next week, Cobalt Flux will unveil a new innovation in CF modification. The Arcade-Style Mod Kit includes raiser panels and bracketing for an arcade feel with your game of choice.

I doubt they could do anything to it to make me like playing Pump it Up with those... the panels aren't large enough to simulate PIU arcade play...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Hidyman
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Afterburner does come with brackets to join them together. Reply with quote

tepp wrote:
My Afterburner did not come with a bracket and a wrench for doubles. No way that I can see to attach them together.

.. . Also they are lying about the "bracket" kit as well.

There is no wrench. Look on the top corners of the pad, a short piece of metal with a slot in it should be there.
You loosen the screw a little, take out the screw on the other pad, put the bracket in place and put the screw (and a washer behind the connector) in the slot, make sure the two pads are pushed together and lined up, then tighten both screws.

You can then take the bracket from the other pad and put it on the bottom (back).

When my buddy comes over with his digital camera, I'll post a link to pictures.
View users profile Send private message
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we already have a thread for the Afterburner linked from the infamous "START HERE" thread, whose advice few seem to follow, I'm going to lock this and just pop a note in the main thread regarding the review.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: