Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Sponsors NASPE Event & Showcases DDR at AAHPERD

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Konami Sponsors NASPE Event & Showcases DDR at AAHPERD Reply with quote

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 12, 2005 – Konami Digital Entertainment – America, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced its event sponsorship for the NASPE (National Association for Sports and Physical Education) at this year’s AAHPERD or American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention. With its groundbreaking game series, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR)™, Konami has created a fun and healthy way for children and adults to become more active and realize the benefits of physical activity. DDR will also be prominently featured at the 2005 AAHPERD trade show (booth # 774). This year’s AAHPERD convention is scheduled to be held April 13th through April 15th at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. The AAHPERD convention is one of the largest gatherings of health and physical educators in the nation.

AAHPERD attendees will be able to experience DDR’s unique gameplay, which has been successfully drawing people off couches to groove to the beat of over 100 minutes of energetic dance music. Complete with a special dance pad that plugs directly into the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft or the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, DDR delivers a healthy workout to people of all ages. For those ready to take their exercise experience to an even greater level, DDR comes with a built-in workout mode that allows players to track how many calories they burn as they play.

Throughout the convention, Konami will be educating our nation’s physical education teachers on DDR and its associated health benefits. Case study examples will be provided to show how teachers have incorporated DDR into their PE curriculum and success stories will be shared about people who have found benefits from using DDR. Konami will also be encouraging convention visitors to show off their moves on DDR and even compete with others to win their very own copy of DDR.

“DDR is not only one of the most innovative video game concepts ever, but it is also a fun and entertaining way for kids and adults to develop healthy habits and a fitness-oriented lifestyle,” said Jason Enos, product manager, Konami Digital Entertainment – America. “DDR is unique to the fitness world because it lets people exercise at their own pace, while still having fun playing a video game.”

Konami will be exhibiting its newest iteration of the game, DDR ULTRAMIX™ 2 for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, at the AAHPERD show in booth # 774. DDR ULTRAMIX 2 is rated “E” for Everyone by the ESRB and is available for an SRP of $39.99 for the standalone video game and $64.99 for the dance mat and video game bundle. To learn more about Dance Dance Revolution ULTRAMIX™2 and the DDR franchise, please go to: www.konami.com/gs/ddrultramix2.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea to show off Ultramix 2.

Will there be any video reports or anything?
View users profile Send private message
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically it is a convention teaching how DDR helps health?
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the first post, I would say that DDR isn't the focus of the convention, but rather DDR is a means by which people can realize and appreciate the benefits of physical activity at this convention.

It's still a great idea to have DDR showcased almost anywhere, but I was really hoping this convention would be showcasing some hypothetical newest arcade mix that Konami had secretly been keeping from us to be revealed now.

Not gonna happen, but you can always hope.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that the convention sounds like a sweet plan! Regardless of the fact that i live in Michigan and i can't get to this, i still feel that was an excellent prelude for all those who have never played DDR. I honestly hope that more people are inspired to play because of not only the health benefits, but also the fact that you have fun "dancing" to the rhythem and beat to the music and also make alot of friends while playing DDR. thumb.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
CHUCK BASS
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone able to attend this? Becuase I may head up there tommarow if thats the case....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
SgT_ToAsTy
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may go there tomorrow if I can get a ride.
glowsqueaksglow
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome im gonna catch a ride there from tx. i think its great for people gettin of there bums too play a game that is very healthy and fun. ye ya. i wonder if there will be a special comp. or sumting of the sort oh well ill be there.

,squeaks
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SgT_ToAsTy
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what kind of pads they will have? (soft or metal)
Kerocaine
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: I really need a car Reply with quote

Man I really want to go! biggrin.gif Can anyone help me by givin me a ride there?! riiight.gif lol
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
zaps00
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, just giving you a heads up before you make any hasty decisions. This is convention is centered around physical education, and is by no means a gaming convention.

I have been in attendance the past two days, and will be there tomorrow as well working with Konami demoing and explaining the game to educators. I really wouldn't bother coming out unless you fall into that category because everything we are showing them is available to you guys already. No fancy new stuff, just two soft pads and Ultramix 2. I can however say is that everyone who has stopped by the booth has had very positive comments about the game!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope somebody decided it was smart enough to demonstrate Doubles as well. Doubles is being shafted like hell.
CHUCK BASS
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a ride out there anyways, but thanks for the head's up!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF30/Reenee loves hentai wrote:
I hope somebody decided it was smart enough to demonstrate Doubles as well. Doubles is being shafted like hell.

there is a reason for that... doubles is plain awkward as hell... lol while I can play doubles I steer clear of it... the home pads suck for doubles and at the arcade machines are usually set to charge double for doubles... being introduced to music games with PIU has given me this attitude : paying doubles for doubles is plain wrong!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
CrazyBabyDoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My research group recently completed a 6 month study of DDR in kids (7-8 years old). It wasn't very hard to recruit . . . probably had something to do with getting a free PS2, DDRMAX2, and padded dance mats.

I cannot reveal results until we publish but the data looks good. We are planning an afterschool study (9-10 year olds) this Fall.
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Case study examples will be provided to show how teachers have incorporated DDR into their PE curriculum

OH HOW I LONG FOR THE DAY MY SCHOOL PUTS DDR IN P.E.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: