Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Watch IGN.com's In The Groove Producer Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru wrote:
You know, while on the topic, how's the syncing on the DDR Festival version of D2R? It's its fourth appearance, surely they've taken a look at it by now.
~Uiru

Like they've taken a look at the Oni bug that's been around since Extreme? biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffywhompus wrote:
There are plenty of songs from 7-9 feet in difficulty, a couple of the 7s even have hands in them. Some people might not like ITG because 7-9 usually isn't even the highest difficulty of that song. Yes, ITG feels *slightly* late compared to DDR (which is early for the most part), with exceptions (Hybrid), but as a whole ITG feels more on sync to alot of people I know that have played both then DDR does.

As I also posted in the DDR vs. ITG thread, I feel that the Fantastic window is a grace note late when compared to being centered right on the beat, but it could also just be that specific machine I'm playing on (which seems to have minor stutters now and then on certain songs as well).

I don't find any issue with the actual pad response of that machine, but if I do steps right on the beat (or offbeat, in the case of eighth notes), I see a Perfect... if I step just a grace note later, I see a Fantastic. For slower songs (e.g., Perfect), I actually line up the arrow with the target zone to get the Fantastic, and it still feels a grace note late.

But, I don't play Expert either, I'm still on Medium and Hard for now.
View users profile Send private message
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, many people say that ItG seems late relative to DDR. A lot of people seem to have trouble saying which is more synced in general, but they have slightly different interpretations of what is "onbeat."
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive noticed the majority of syncing being mostly like this when comparing the games:

obviously it varies from song to song, but for the most part, that seems to be it. some are exagerated late, some are slightly early (by itg standards; normal by ddr standards), and some are early even by ddr standards.

Edit: reading the little thing from right to left in terms of time progression. dunno why i did it like that, but im too lazy to make a new image.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: