Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Is it possible to REGRESS?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delita_chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to REGRESS? Reply with quote

Is it possible to regress in your DDR skills? I play most everyday and as of late, I've regressed some. Songs I had AAs and As, I can't seem to do no more...

Just wanted to know what might be the deal. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
View users profile Send private message
ICNH
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm such a sped; regress means you get worse, right?

Anyway, if it does mean to get worse, then yes, I think it's possible, but once you get back in the swing of things, you should be OK.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i think its possible. Its like a slump in baseball. you'll eventually get over it and be back to ur normal Max 300 AAA self E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
~Kristen~
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only regress if I dont play for about 3 weeks... Other than that, I progress.
Dj Sway
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very weird...I was thinking about this when I was playing about 30 minutes before I saw this thread.

I play every day for AT LEAST 30 minutes...or when I have nothing else to do. So I wouldn't know if it's really possible. I think as long as you keep practicing you should be fine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes your progress isn't evident by your grades on individual songs. It seems counter-intuitive, but it is possible to improve even when your scores seem to go down.

If your scores only got better and better as time went on, everyone would be AAA'ing 10-footers after a year of play. But that's not the case. Try spending time in other areas of the game.

Try going back to AAA light songs.

Try working on stamina.

Try working on your freestyle.

If you concentrate too hard while playing, it'll bring down your scores. Even worse is when you get aggrivated at the game. If you get frustrated playing, play something easier or take a break.

Last edited by tac-tics on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Dj Sway
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tac-tics (who can't PA) wrote:

Try going back to AAA light songs.

Try working on stamina.

Try working on your freestyle.

I've been trying to do that happy.gif

tac-tics (who can't PA) wrote:
If you concentrate too hard while playing, it'll bring down your scores. Even worse is when you get aggrivated at the game. If you get frustrated playing, play something easier or take a break.

I agree...when I thinking about PAing I end up doing horrible. And when I get frustrated I just do worse.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe I am concentrating too hard...
By no means am I a Max AAAer. I'm still on Standard but i'm missing stupid steps I used to do well. I don't freestyle yet.
dj D0GA~道画
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, about two years ago I could play catas all night long baby... but I'm far too busy now and haven't had any time to practice anymore so... not no more... E12.gif it's so sad...
MAAAX_himself
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrdude1125 wrote:
Yes i think its possible. Its like a slump in baseball. you'll eventually get over it and be back to ur normal Max 300 AAA self E13.gif

I 2nd this opinion
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's temporary regression and it just shows you've been out of shape for awhile. Playing easier songs gets you into it again.
dj D0GA~道画
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes fist* I'll get you into it again, missy frust.gif
DigitalCyber
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually regress at about 1 month of not playing. A while ago I was doin most 9's. TYhen I didnt play for like 2 months and I regressed to like 7's. Now im back at 9's and 1 ten E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Legend Of Nilo
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes when I dont play for 2-3 weeks.
_unstitched_
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several weeks of not playing I find that I regress physically. ie: I get tired faster or my feet just don't want to move as fast as they usually do. However my reading skills never go down. In fact, there was a day when I had come back from not playing for a month and there were a couple songs that i usually had trouble comprehending the heavy streaming parts of. Suddenly it all made sense.

♥ DevArt ♥ Jessica Stam ♥ Cozmo-Naughty ♥ MySpace ♥
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Zukin-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the opposite problem. Sometimes, when I play constantly for several days in a row, I get burned out. Maybe you should take a break from DDR (provided your regression isn't due to lack of playing in the first place).
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukin-Man is right-

Playing everyday isn't a bad thing, but when you take a break for awhile, you can improve over that time. I know it sounds wierd but it always works for me. Just give it a try
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Lobster Jesus
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really regress at DDR seeing as I play Stepmania alot.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you're not necessarily regressing. Once thing that you have to realize is that after you play for awhile, you subconsciously pick up little techniques and changes in style that are much more efficient, even if they're different than you're used to. During the adjustment period, your PA is going to go down, but your overall method to improve is much more.

It's like in baseball or golf or basketball or any sport really. When you adjust your swing/shot, there'll be some losses in the short term, but the ability to be more consistent in the long run is much better.

In general, I've noticed that if I have a really good day, I almost always have a few really bad ones and then start improving... usually because during the really good day something clicked and then I started playing a bit differently. Just a thought.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
JJRLP21
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only regress if I dont play for about 3 weeks... Other than that, I progress.

Yeah thats applies to me too. I didn't play at all durning Christmas break and a few weeks after that, and it turns out that was really bad. I go to play DDR one day and do a heavy song called "A" (ya'll know A") before i could do this song "fairly" well getting adleast a D or a C.. (hey!!! D's and C's are passing!!!) but then i just completly failed it!!! devil.gif I had to go all the way back standard mode and build up my skills all over again!!! it was so annoying!!! But in the process i "AA" A and got back up to heavy!!!

The things is... YES YOU CAN regress. (or however you spell it.) Even though it may not seem like it, when you play your memorizing the steps and beats. When dont keep those things in your head they'll start to slip away.

Also when it seems like your doing really crapy on a song, or on the whole game for that matter. your just getting better. Its like lifting weights. You bench like 90 pounds and you know you can do better, but everytime you do 90 it just doesn't work. After some time "training with it" 90 is easy you start to move up.

A little story or improvment. Saturday night i was at my house playing DDR extreme. Im on heavy now and trying to get an A on the song "Maximizer" That night i played the song and played like crap! I couldn't get beats down, my feet were messed up, and i just sucked that night. (its mostly the ending that gets me.) So i cursed out the game turned it off and went to bed..... (really i did!) The next day i went to church to babysit and got there real early. I brought my DDR stuff to play with my cousin... (for the record, im better then him! laugh.gif ) We played for a while but he got bored and went somewhere else. Thats when it happened, like all the crap i went through the night before went away!!! I played maximizer and did really good on it!!!! "A" baby!!!! I messed up a few times near the end, like the VERY end, but after a few adjustments i had the part down.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: