Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

psx to usb converter trouble

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vodka Drunkenski
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: psx to usb converter trouble Reply with quote

Alright, so I bought a converter that lets me plug psx controllers into my pc. I plugged a dance pad into it and it registered fine, except for that it delays a bit when i step on the buttons. It delays just enough that when I try and play stepmania i end up failing even simple songs. Any advice anyone would have on how to possibly fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Cartoon Hero
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much only have two options -

1. Disable rumble support.

2. Get a different adapter that has no discernible delay. The Radio Shack adapter is great.

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
vsamaco
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: psx to usb converter trouble Reply with quote

cartoon-hero wrote:
Alright, so I bought a converter that lets me plug psx controllers into my pc. I plugged a dance pad into it and it registered fine, except for that it delays a bit when i step on the buttons. It delays just enough that when I try and play stepmania i end up failing even simple songs. Any advice anyone would have on how to possibly fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Cartoon Hero

What the name of the adapter? Have you taken a look at the list of compatible adapter on stepmania.com?
View users profile Send private message
Skez_Hollis-NH
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT get the radio shack adapter, for it maps only to axis. Basically, you can't step on two directions at once. Go with the one at Buy N Shop, or Red orctane.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the simulator forum is your very best friend. you'll notice my semi-extensive work-in-progress FAQ in the official adapter sticky. as far as lag, you can modify the GAP in the .ini file to fix it. please read my FAQ. look at the pictures and read the descriptions to make sure you didn't get hosed with an incompatible adapter.

and radioshack adapters=teh suck

I think we're done here :0)
View users profile Send private message
Vodka Drunkenski
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I do have the radioshack adapter and it does=teh suck. I suppose i shall return it and purchase a better one if i cant get this to work.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run into any more problems, please consult the DDR Simulators forum, seeing as you don't plug a converter into a PS2, this is not a Console Games topic.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: