Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR world record broken at over 37 hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dauron
Basic Member
Basic Member

80. PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got kicked out of my school library for going on this site, even after explaing what I am posting about. Funny isn't it?

Yes IdonGETired, I am very well aware of the health risks involved in this record breaking attempt. And I am in decent enough shape to be able to attempt the breaking of this record. Also t3nacious, I have heard that many people will be making attempts at your record, but alot probally won't be able to try it because 1. they might not have a good enough reason to keep an arcade open other then just to play a videogame without being able to do it for a good cause such as yourself. I will be attempting this for a good charity called My Brother's Table, I also will be organizing this through one of my school teachers and our Anime Club. Once again I hate to be cocky but I still believe that when I attempt to break your record I will be serious in doing it and will not be doing only for the love of DDR, but also helping out a charity. If anything else comes to mind or you do not feel like talking to me over a forum I will be happy to have a conversation with anyone on AIM. Also the reason I do not with to do this during the summer or weekend or vacation is that many people come to the arcade just to play that game and many arcades make good sums of money just from their DDR machines. Well I have to go to class, have fun and dance hard!!!!
IdontGETtired
Basic Member
Basic Member

81. PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: I have no doubt Reply with quote

That's all well and fine, I am not denoting the fact that you are attempting the record for a worthy cause, but still, you should at least wait untill the record is finalized to set one of your own. Also, you noted earlier that you play on average 3 hours a day. Do you realize that you will be attempting 16 times as long as that? 3 hours a day will make no difference, I usually squeeze in on average 4-6 hours a day, and I know that I couldn't make it past 30 or so hours. Decent shape isn't good enough shape. Even tho you are doing it for a good cause, you would have never known about this record if it weren't for t3nacious, so you could at least honor that and wait for the record to be published. Feel free to contact me on AIM any time, my SN is Punkflagdown.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
TranZfuZionV2
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and zalf are gonna go 3 days straight...watch out. Getting sponsers as we speak.

¤[Team Pink Snail Represent ]¤
IdontGETtired
Basic Member
Basic Member

83. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disgust.gif You don't stand a chance of doing that..not to be mean or anything, lol. WAIT FOR THE RECORD TO BE FINALIZED BEFORE YOU STEAL DREW'S IDEA!!!!!!!!
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenon? Don't even bother, me and IdontGETtired are going 5 days straight, possibly even a week.
View users profile Send private message
DDRDooD
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif a week laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
IdontGETtired
Basic Member
Basic Member

86. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devil.gif Make that a decade and you'll be heading in the right direction E13.gif
IdontGETtired
Basic Member
Basic Member

87. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devil.gif Make that a decade and you'll be heading in the right direction E13.gif
DDRDooD
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play DDR for a week straight, I will literally bow to you. laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Reloaded972
Basic Member
Basic Member

89. PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok.... let me follow this logic
I run a mile every day, so I should easily be able to run coast to run around the world twice!!!
I've stayed up ALL night before, so I should be able to stay up for 2 years!!!
I play video games like 4-5 hours, so playing all Final Fantasy from beginning to end back to back shouldn't be a problem!!!

Yeah.....aint no thing...... E7.gif

The truth is you don’t know how hard something is until you actually do it in its entirety. So what if you play 12 hours a day? Things get harder the longer you do it ( goog.gif wait, get a dictionary, apparently some you might need it goog.gif ) exponentially. 12+12+12+12 does not, I repeat, DOES NOT equal 48. It's the same concept of diminishing marginal utility.

And about comparing DDR to marathons: Apples and Oranges dude. Seriously, how can you simply compare them? That’s like judging the difficulty of a DDR marathon to trying to be the oldest person in the world.

E2.gif t3nacious, I'm really sorry that all these people are trying to ruin such a great accomplishment for you. I'm sad to say that I'm one of them riiight.gif , but I wont take the credit you deserve. I'm sincerely doing this to help a friend home and visit from Russia, and even though that may seem selfish compared to a charity, I have just as much passion in doing it. To be honest, this is 99% to get her back home and %1 for my own satisfaction. I know there are other ways I could raise the money, but I'm already too far into this to get out. I already have a location and a group of people helping me getting pledges (just so you know, we're getting the pledges all from her friends and family that are fully aware of where the money goes). If I could push the time back a year, I would, but it just wont work out. Props to you Drew; you've given me the inspiration to help me get my friend home. biggrin.gif

For the rest of you trying to break the record: sure you're going to give money to some charity which you don’t care about (except for the ones doing "My Brother's Table", because they already know it), but are you doing this for yourself or for the charity E19.gif ? I don't know how long I'll go, but I know I'll go as long as it takes to raise enough money to get her home.

If you’re in it for your own glory, I don’t care if you break the record; you wont get half as much satisfaction as I will when I get my friend home. E1.gif
Reloaded972
Basic Member
Basic Member

90. PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Just a little note to anyone who reads this Reply with quote

Look at all the people that said they are going to break the record. That was late last year. And now its July. Heard anything. So much BS running around.

I dunno if anyone still see this topic, but I AM actually going to attempt to break the world record. The only problem is that Guiness sent me the wrong rules, so we're just going to follow what we got, and hope it works. Drew unfortunately didn't make in the 2004 Book(unless it was under some subject that I dont know of), so who knows if Guiness gives a damn at all about this category "Dance Machine Marathon." Kinda sucks, DDR is an awesome game and it should get more publicity.

Anyway I'm attempting this for different reasons than Drew. His idea was to break the record, and along with it he found a good charity to raise money for(very noble). I first wanted to do a fundraiser for my friend, and I decided that this is a good idea. The hell with Guiness E1.gif !!!!

Anyway, there's another thread about me and my friend attempting it, so read more up on it there

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90474&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Keep up the DDR everyone!!!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: