Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Review my pad blueprint?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaXxX
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Review my pad blueprint? Reply with quote

Hello.

As this is the first time I'm taking on building a metal/wood pad, I'd be terribly grateful for any comments. Note that the pad itself is in no way built yet, hell, I haven't bought even a single part for it yet. I'd just like someone to look at the "blueprints" I made, and comment on the workability of it all...

Here goes:

This is the plan for the step panel. From the top: a plexi/lucite panel, a wooden or pressed panel with the arrow image on a piece of paper put on it, then a sheet metal square with a wire placed with a screw into it, then 1/4-inch rubber pads, and finally another sheet metal square with a little springy metal piece screwed into it and a hole cut in it to let the top wire out. The wires - the one from the top plate and the one from the bottom metal piece - end together in a mono headphone jack plug.

And here is the base. A lot of wooden blocks, covered with thin rubber, on a large wooden or wood-like board. Between the blocks, where the centers of the panels will be placed, headphone sockets will be placed, and their wires will run out of the board to the controller. And, there's going to be a rubber layer on the bottom of it all.

The panels will be held down with screws+metal pads, placed around their corners.

The plug/socket things are to ensure easy removal and repairs of the panels, should any get broken, or perhaps for installing lighting, or something... It will definitely be more handy than wires soldered to the panels, anyway.

So, what do you think? It's ingenious, maybe it might work, it sucks, it'll break the moment someone steps on it? E1.gif

<edit>
I know it's not going to be thin or light, it's not supposed to. I'm planning on getting as close to an arcade pad as possible, so I'm going to allow the 6cm (2.5" ?) height.
View users profile Send private message
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home-Built Metal pad Discussion E13.gif

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59254
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Whoops. Reply with quote

I didn't know that thread is for ALL pad discussion.

Shall I somehow move this post there myself, or re-paste it under there, or maybe some mod can be nice enough to move it? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Rillo
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this should be in the Homepad section, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing those images are! Good job on them! thumb.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be nice and move it, except phpBB2 doesn't have a merge feature, so no, we won't do it for you E10.gif.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
treeflood
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd picture looks fine. thats kinda how my metal is built. E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: