Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Yet another story about DDR fighting obesity in the news..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Yet another story about DDR fighting obesity in the news.. Reply with quote

Fox News' Foxlife has a feature article today entitled Players Break a Sweat With Video Games. While it doesn't say anything that everybody here hasn't heard a hundred times before, it's good to see DDR continuing to pop up in the mainstream press.

Thanks to DDR Freak member lelliebunny for bringing this story to our attention!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, wifeypoo got quoted! E1.gif Yay sharxgrrl and Mel B! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, with DDR apparently getting more and more media coverage than it ever had before, you can't help but wonder if Konami may ever take all of this into account if they ever muse over making another DDR game.

Yes, I know, the "mixes" are from Japan, but I am just meaning in general.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Why not in the Press section? Reply with quote

Is there some reason all of these recent news articles aren't being posted in the "Press" section of the DDR Freak site? Looks like the most recent one there is from February.
My DD:Recall
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Big Boss
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see that DDR is getting more and more attention, but it's gonna get annoying REAL quick.......Maybe it's just me. blink.gif
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how they refer to it as "new."

6 years old is definitely new biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They put this stuff on the website all the freakin time. I think we get the point. I mean don't get me wrong, DDR getting all this publisity is great, but i think they should put something on the site that we haven't seen 7 time before. I dont know about any of you, but its starting to piss me off a little bit! frust.gif Id rather read about something more interesting.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
RadMooseKiller
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DUDEsup13
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can at least say something about the release of DDR Extreme. I would kinda like to know more about that, anyone know if they are going to put it in a jampack demo like max2? E4.gif Not that this has to with the topic!!! laugh.gif
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: News and Headlines Reply with quote

ltdborder1307 wrote:
They can at least say something about the release of DDR Extreme. I would kinda like to know more about that, anyone know if they are going to put it in a jampack demo like max2? E4.gif Not that this has to with the topic!!! laugh.gif

Heres the news: there is no news. And in the past I've even seen this website go an entire month on the same headline. (Probably more than once too.)

As for DDR Extreme news goes we've got that sticky thread in the home version forum with all the up to the minute news (literally!). But keep in mind that that the game doesn't even come out for another two months and two weeks and so we have NO news regarding that either. IMO, a demo seems likely since we had a demo for MAX1 and MAX2 but also like MAX1 and MAX2 we'll probably get the demo the same week that we get the game.
View users profile Send private message
ZeoZaki
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i terribly agree we're not stupid. i think we've figured out that DDR isn't going to make you gain weight. The weight loss stories are actually getting stale to the point of no return. I'm starting to wonder is this a DDRFreak Site or is this a DDR Weight Watchers Site? People should remember it's about like yeah DDR makes you lose weight but that's not the only reason we play it. That's all i've heard for the past months. What about freestyling? what about the music? i play it for music and the ability to show off in front of people, not to lose weight. It's a nice side effect but it's no where's the primary reason i play it.

/sigh

Because i need you to do your f***ing job.
I am consumer. I buy games with orignal content.
I am not a dumb dinosaur...that is found here
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. Okay. When i read the headline "yet another..." i have two tones in mind.

"Yet another" as in: w00t! More props for DDR! we are getting bigger every day.

or "Yet another" as in: Oh my gosh. Another network trying to turn DDR into weightlloss. It's a game man. Whats up with all this healthnut ideas?

I choose to beleive the first tone but the second one could also be true.

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite sad to say that the mainstream press don't give a danm about the game itself. All they need is a reason to justify why they should bother writing a story about some arcade game. They only care about it being some weightloss fad, but nothing more.

Also, I can't believe they think it's something new as well!!! laugh.gif

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DUDEsup13
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see tomorrows headline. "Pilates puts out a new work out video for DDR". Or have they already done that. I mean really. In japan they have a workout PS2 game that includes the dance pad. Maybe its just the next fad in the US. E19.gif
Aoki
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: fad........trend? Reply with quote

Quote:
A new trend has gamers shaping up while they play.
The latest fad combines video game technology with fitness, requiring players to jump around to score points instead of just moving a joystick or pushing a button.

6 yrs of this is not a fad...wtf. STUPID JOURNALIST!!!! devil.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DUDEsup13
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i guess you have a good point.

E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif E19.gif blink.gif E2.gif goog.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: