Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR fighting obesity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

40. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Sakura~ wrote:
The link thing doesn't work now becuase...its dumb. But I just found out about this and good for you that you got featured on TV. *Claps*

The link works.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i weigh 284lbs now which is still fat i was 420lbs in january. i've lost all that weight dieting, playing ddr and jogging. the most i've weighed was 460.
Aoki
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: gaining wait Reply with quote

Quote:
It ammuses me to see all of these fat people lose weight and everyone throws a party, when I'm actually trying to gain weight and play ddr. Anyone have any suggestions? Tried the fatty foods. Tried steak. Tried over eating. I do believe my metabolism is just too high. Anywho. Please post.

nerd.gif hrm...i dont care how long you play. go to jack in the box right before you go to sleep and order a triple meat cheeseburger with bacon and fries and a milk shake...do that almost every night. and youll solve your not gaining wait problem...lol..either that or go with large pizza.. goog.gif

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TrippinTheTrance
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother has to go on diets to gain weight, he's 20 and he weighs 120, he's very very small for his age. He uses this stuff like on South Park called Weight Gain 9000 or somthing like that. You can get that stuff at GNC.

I myself have lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days just by playing DDR and drinking lots and lots and lots of water. At least a gallon a day. Oh, and i can do 5 footers now on light!!! Gotta start somewhere! It's funny when people that have never played before will watch me play and they're like "Wow, you're really good" even though im not. It's nice, but it makes me want to practice more devil.gif hehe

-chris
View users profile Send private message
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see DDR (and therefore video games) getting more good publicity. Unfortunately, the audio on that video is a bit screwed up, so I found it a bit unwatchable. Too bad.

~Avatar Z
banana-chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahflack wrote:
It ammuses me to see all of these fat people lose weight and everyone throws a party, when I'm actually trying to gain weight and play ddr. Anyone have any suggestions? Tried the fatty foods. Tried steak. Tried over eating. I do believe my metabolism is just too high. Anywho. Please post. drool.gif

ahh i know! i mean, i cant stop playing ddr, but im 14 years old and i weigh between 108 - 115 all the time!!! i dont know whats up with me E15.gif
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnL wrote:

Going back to the topic though: It is a form of exercise... but I haven't lost any weight either. I'm still chunky :\

Hey, you can do side bends or sit-ups... but please don't lose that butt! E13.gif

- Melvis
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
dnL
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Float Walk wrote:
dnL wrote:

Going back to the topic though: It is a form of exercise... but I haven't lost any weight either. I'm still chunky :\

Hey, you can do side bends or sit-ups... but please don't lose that butt! E13.gif

- Melvis
disturb.gif thanks? hehe... I see my butt is admired. laugh.gif

Last edited by dnL on Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Yagyu
Basic Member
Basic Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats me in the video, I'm the one they interviewed. I'm surprised it became as big a deal as it was, I just expected it to be a little interview. Also unfortunately I didnt get the metal pads that RedOctane said they would since they interviewed me before they shipped they were shipped out...They offered other interview stuff but i didnt enjoy it so dont think a day or more of my time is worth a pad...oh well. At least my story is reaching the public and can hopefully help people.
Toquinha
Basic Member
Basic Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahflack wrote:
It ammuses me to see all of these fat people lose weight and everyone throws a party, when I'm actually trying to gain weight and play ddr. Anyone have any suggestions? Tried the fatty foods. Tried steak. Tried over eating. I do believe my metabolism is just too high. Anywho. Please post. drool.gif

I got a weird metabolism too. I eat just about anything and everything and I've been stuck at 150 lbs all the time. I've been doing the whole protein shake thing and everything, and y'know what? Just give it time. Your metabolism is going to slow down eventually.

Being skinny isn't that bad, the only downside is that you have to eat every 3 hours or you start losing even more weight. And if you don't work out, you start cannibalizing your own muscle tissue as well.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
lelliebunny
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love seeing people of all sizes/shapes/ages playing DDR. the thing that i have the biggest problem with is people playing without shoes on. i don't want to slip on the pad while i am playing because the person before me had sweaty feet, OR if you do that, at least wipe the pads off after!!!!
"it is the broodwich. forged in darkness from wheat harvested in hell's half acre. baked by beelzebub. slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one eyed mad man. cheese boiled from the rancid teat of fanged cow. layered with 666 separate meats from an animal, which has maggots for blood."

from the "broodwich" episode of ATHF
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: