Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Calling for DDR weight loss stories
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neon_Xero
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya... i lost like 40 lbs, but have no pictures... and i want that pad biggrin.gif

Sakura biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MasterOfTheObvious
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people coulda sent in stories but the deadline was the same date the article was posted :/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Anticode
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the pad... I could always lie laugh.gif ... To bad the deadline pasted.
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otoko-san wrote:
That's lame... Teens aged 14-16... I'm 20 years old, and I went from over 250lbs to 172lbs playing DDR, a weight loss of over 78 pounds. From pant size 42 to 34. So... My story doesn't mean anything to Red Octane just because I'm 20? Lame... I guess they either think that DDR is just for young teens, or they just want to make people believe that young teens aged 14-16 can lose weight by playing DDR. Oh well... at least not suffering from plumber's buttocks anymore is rewarding enough. That and not having to shop at a plus sized store is good too.

My guess is the story in this "national print publication" (50 bucks says it's The New York Times) is about the growing weight in teenagers accross America, how this country has the heaviest teens among all other countries - and the methods you can use to help lower these statistics. In fact, I'm willing to put money on it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stinks is that they wanted the pictures and that it was due around three days ago. frown.gif

I fit the requirements and I believe I'm one of the obese people of America. I'm 14 and I'm overweight but I have lost a lot of weight from DDR and a somewhat good diet, it's better than what I was eating before. E10.gif

I also would like the pad but oh well.

Anywho, I'll still be playing DDR even if Extreme is the last so called mix. I'm going to keep on playing until I lose more and mroe weight. I've only lost 20 pounds but I need to lose more. E10.gif Haha, plus GetUpMove has gotten me inspired lately to play more DDR. biggrin.gif

Good stuff from Red Octane. E1.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Milo234
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is past the deadline and I'm out of the age bracket requested (I'm 18 and I started playing ddr when I was 17)... but in case you people want some quotes, I'll give a short summary of my DDR weight loss story.

When I played my first game of DDR I weighed 220 pounds. I had been working on losing weight for about four months already and was down from 285. All of my previous weight loss had been due to a drastic change of diet (in quantity, not type of food). My rate of weight loss had greatly slowed down and I still wanted to lose a little more weight. I thought I'd be happier if I weighed 200 (and as I lost more weight this number waned as well), and after playing my first serious game of DDR which was on a cruise ship (we were cruising to BERMUDA!!!), I became motivated to lose more weight so that I could play DDR better (I was hooked from my first game (not as serious... on someone else's ps2 1 turn). Thanks to DDR on the cruise ship I managed to only gain 3 pounds for the trip (not bad at all for a tremendous former overeater). As I played more DDR it helped me to lose weight by giving me a motivation... to play DDR better. That was in August. My weight loss continued all the way up until about two months ago at which time I weighed in at my all time low of 175 pounds - 110 pounds lighter and a little over a year since I began my diet. Although the exercise from DDR was not the actual reason for my weight loss, it gave me tremendous motivation to do better and has improved my condition. My legs are much stronger now than when they started and each day I feel like my muscles are more toned up and able to go longer at DDR than the previous day. The End.

I have before and after pictures. If anyone is interested contact me. Btw, I am now extremely good (this is a very relative term but I think it is ok to use it here) if anyone cares about that too and it'll add to my story, I'm ranked about 50 on NNR - look in my profile.

I think my sh0rt essay went over the limit, and I know I'm out of the age bracket... by a year as of when I began, and I also know it's a few days late. I'll revise it if anyone is interested in using it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey im 16!! That means i could apply! Too bad i didnt lose THAT much weight lol. I only lost i would say like 10, maybe 20 lbs.....o well. I could try anyways
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lost 30 pounds in my first year of playing... and i was 24 then...
pat_hulse
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: 25 Pounds Reply with quote

I lost 25 pounds over about 4 months of owning the game. My doctor actually told me to stop losing weight. I'm 16.

~Pat
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: