Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Controller

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hulk
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: The Controller Reply with quote

I personally don't like to use the controller. What are your thoughts on it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PA is awful with the controller. Im much better on the pad.
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you want to use the controller. its not anywhere near as fun as playing on a pad. o, and wutup bsphil, i was on the cf forums for a while too.
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think practice with the controller is excellent for learning the tricky timings on some of the more difficult songs. Since your fingers can move more quickly than your feet, and you don't have to worry about crossovers, etc., you can use the controller to memorize step timing more easily. Of course, you'll have to figure out the placement of your feet when you play the song "for real" later on.

~yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing on the controller shoud be a sin. It is no fun and it takes away from the true mening of the game. They call it Dance Dance Revolution for a reason. If the game was designed to be played on your fingers it would be called Finger Finger Revolution or something like that.

yyr is right in saying that your fingers are faster and can be used to memorize the steps but thats why I have SM on my computer.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the controller sometimes to help me get familiar with more complicated step patterns that I know I wouldn't have the stamina for right away. The transition to my feet is a lot easier this way because I have the arrow pattern reading down already and all I have to work on is stamina building.
View users profile Send private message
kablooie13
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play stepmania on the keyboard to learn step patterns, so the controller is useless for me there. Playing on the pad is much more fun and easier for me to PA anyway, so I say its useless to use it.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyr wrote:
Of course, you'll have to figure out the placement of your feet when you play the song "for real" later on.
It's interesting - Now that I've passed catas and whatnot in the arcade, I find that when I play on the controller, I emulate my feet with the controller. I do "finger crossovers" when I play Exotic Ethnic. It's really weird.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Hulk
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost like that when you play with the controller, your brain tricks youe into thinking that since your fingers move fast, your feet should move at the same speed. I don't know about the rest of you, but that's really myreason for disliking it. The controller messes with your head.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
yyr wrote:
Of course, you'll have to figure out the placement of your feet when you play the song "for real" later on.
It's interesting - Now that I've passed catas and whatnot in the arcade, I find that when I play on the controller, I emulate my feet with the controller. I do "finger crossovers" when I play Exotic Ethnic. It's really weird.

i do the same thing
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: