Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Er... Strange that 8 Harder than 9?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all this thread's concerns, I'd like to direct viewers to:
http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6728

... it is about the only legitimate thread on bemanistyle's forums, but it fits perfectly here.

Last edited by tac-tics on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
djmon
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
kch wrote:
burning heat = 9
burnin the floor = 7, mislabeled as a 9 in max2. typo

No. It is not a typo. They "upgraded" it to a cata. Then they realized they were wrong and downgraded it. Notice how Drop Out was "upgraded' as well?

why was it "upgraded", well IMO Drop Out is pretty hard compared to Burnin The Floor which should be a 7 or 6 footer

View users profile Send private message
Random Negro
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: don't know if it's been mentioned. Reply with quote

Exotic Ethnic... demonish with the cross footing and stream, explain?
Sweet Sweet Magic... 9 footer...they do not compare
Little Boy(boy on boy mix) 9 feet... these ratings do not correspond to difficulty.(sweet and little)

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

23. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: don't know if it's been mentioned. Reply with quote

trupnoi wrote:
Spike wrote:
kch wrote:
burning heat = 9
burnin the floor = 7, mislabeled as a 9 in max2. typo

No. It is not a typo. They "upgraded" it to a cata. Then they realized they were wrong and downgraded it. Notice how Drop Out was "upgraded' as well?

why was it "upgraded", well IMO Drop Out is pretty hard compared to Burnin The Floor which should be a 7 or 6 footer

It might be the amount of steps in the song. The combo is 400+ if I remember correctly, or maybe the Groove Meter. But obviously DDRMAX2 wasn't paid much attention, and they then changed it back later.

Brunswick Killah wrote:
Little Boy(boy on boy mix) 9 feet... these ratings do not correspond to difficulty.(sweet and little)

Are you guys even looking at foot ratings when you discuss this? Little Boy is an 8 footer.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many foot ratings, so much confusion X_X

well, lesse, back when we were talking about burining heat...

i belive there are 3+ mixes

Burining Heat

Burning Heat gradius 2

Burning heat...something or other (from MAX2)

i know the one from max2 is a cata, but the other ones...i forget E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.. Eheh, strange! I look back and the rating seems to have changed riiight.gif

Current Pride: "A" Rythm and Police
Current Mission: Beat Paranoia 290
Apparently Nothing
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adman wrote:
it doesnt matter the step, really, the feet say how many steps per beat, thats why sakura and bag are 10 footers, and why legend of max is a flashing 10 footer

Adman wrote:
DIDNT YOU HEARS ME!?!?!, its not the difficulty, the max songs could be a difficulty for like 15 for all it matters, but its speed is only enough to be a 10 footers

Steps per beat? No it's not. Then Bag would be the highest rated song, or perhaps So Deep. MaxX would be rated lower than Paranoia Survivor, because it has fewer eighth notes, and about the same (maybe a few more) "chaos" steps. My Summer Love would probably be a ten-footer then, and would definitely be rated higher than Sakura, which has only a brief section of Chaos steps.

Edit: maybe you meant steps per SECOND? even still, I doubt that's accurate.

Playing since September '03
Adman
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, across the nightmare, doesnt have enough steps, even on oni, even though i kinda think i could be

and my summer love would never be a 10 footer, becuase the beats very from song to song, doesnt matter if the steps are close together, the attual beat of the song determines it, my summer love is faster than you think, and remember, that the footer is an avarage of steps per beat

the only one that i think should be changed, is across the ngihtmare oni
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mook
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: don't know if it's been mentioned. Reply with quote

Burnin' the Floor was mistakenly assigned Burning Heat's difficulties on Max2. There are next to each other in the alphabet. I bet the same guy that was responsible for Little Boy (it should be Boy Oh Boy Mix) did this. E15.gif

This is easily proven when you look at the other difficulties. Burnin' the Floor is a 4, 5, 7. On Max2 it appeared as a 2, 5, 9 which are the difficulties for Burning Heat. It was changed back because it was indeed a misprint.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Pantera
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adman wrote:
it doesnt matter the step, really, the feet say how many steps per beat, thats why sakura and bag are 10 footers, and why legend of max is a flashing 10 footer

Uh, no, man. Read the instruction booklet that comes with Max or Max 2

DDR Max Instruction Booklet, pg. 9 wrote:
The foot rating scale is the original Dance Dance Revolution(trademark) rating system based on a ten foot scale. The higher number of feet in a song indicates a harder difficulty (1 = easiest, 5 = average, 10 = hardest). The color of the foot rating will change depending on the difficulty selected.

But to be a little more on topic, there are definety songs that don't deserve the ratings they have...as to which songs those are, those'll just have to be subject for debate E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RevenG_2MB wrote:
This is the same thing with Cartton Heroes.
That song SHOULD be a 10 footer. Or a 9 1/2 at most.
I thought some one else would beat me to saying this!
haha ahahah aha haha! ok... im done.
I A'd Cartoon Heroes my second try.
View users profile Send private message Send email
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: don't know if it's been mentioned. Reply with quote

Brunswick Killah wrote:

*looks at stepchart* *tries to PA* *cries* SSLM is EASILY a 9 footer, i can think of plenty of other 9s that are easier..sslm is easier to bs and pass than say, EE or something
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucavious
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: don't know if it's been mentioned. Reply with quote

Caffymajin by JJ Company wrote:
Brunswick Killah wrote:

*looks at stepchart* *tries to PA* *cries* SSLM is EASILY a 9 footer, i can think of plenty of other 9s that are easier..sslm is easier to bs and pass than say, EE or something

That is ALOT of acronyms... My head is spinning...

Current Pride: "A" Rythm and Police
Current Mission: Beat Paranoia 290
SO! loves Electroplankton
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, feet don't stand for steps per beat. They just are a ranking from 1-10 how hard something is. If it stands for steps per beat, the hardest song would be a 4(1/16 notes). And bag would be a FLASHING 4!!! There still can only be a certain amount of steps per beat, no matter the speed of a song.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: