Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

260. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaKa wrote:
I'm probably sure that 321 Stars will be on this US release of DDR Extreme, but I think Speed Over Beethoven is another story.

I don't think that made it on the Japanese home release and it will probably not be able to make it on the US one if it didn't make it to the Japanese CVS.

Yes, it was on the Japanese home version. (CVS? Huh?)

I doubt it'll be in the US version, though, since it's a licensed song. Americans won't care if their weird J-Pop songs are licensed or Konami originals, so we'll probably get Love Shine before that one.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Forte372
Trick Member
Trick Member

261. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait a minute... i thought that the mix that has SOV (speed over beethoven) was owned by Bemani. So wouldnt that make it ok to use, or did i miss something?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

262. PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the CVS thing, I might've been thinking about StepMania. My bad - I'm such a dork. biggrin.gif

Well anywho, I do believe that since 'davidbrit' has announced and revealed that Speed Over Beethoven was indeed, in the Extreme release in Japan that there might be a possibility that it would be in the Stateside release.

However, it is a licensed song and Konami probably has a whole different set of songs that they're thinking about releasing here. Knowing them, they'd probably stick some 'trancy' or 'dancy' tune in like they've done in the past. Songs that they'd think Americans know and would 'relate' to. Which in translation to us, DDRFreaks, not having the same 'exclusives' or licensed songs as our Japanese counterparts. We could keep wishing.

*crosses fingers*

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DDRPlayer209
Basic Member
Basic Member

263. PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Blah! Reply with quote

I know that none of us know exactly what will be on the DDR Extreme this fall, but can we guess anyway? What US Exclusives do you think could be on game? Just guess even though you dont know, I want to hear peoples thoughts. riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ace Of Hearts
Trick Member
Trick Member

264. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're actually releasing this in the US?

I imported mine not even a month ago. Had I just waited...

BTW, for those who don't know, Waka Laka didn't make it onto the JP PS2 version, and neither did Living In America. Those were the 2 songs I really wanted.

I really want the following on DDR EX US:

1. I don't care what any of you say, Butterfly must, must, MUST be on this.
2. Waka Laka.
3. Living In America.
4. All the songs by Be For U (which I feel is likely): Graduation, Firefly, Break Down!, Dive, and Love Shine, along with their others.
5. The mission mode better be good.
6. They did say "at least", but that doesn't mean "barely more than" (although I myself must admit it means that most of the time) 100 minutes, so I think we're gonna get at least 100 songs.
7. The previously-hidden Love Shine Oni steps. They're fun!
8. Anything else previously hidden under a glitch.
9. Again, I don't care what any of you say: Bring back Kick The Can.
10. They must give us Max. Period.

That is my opinion.
Trick Member
Trick Member

265. PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall! Reply with quote

rampage wrote:
Konami has released a web site and details on DDR Extreme for the US PS2 today. This release promises, "over 100 minutes of dance music plus brand new game modes."

Wow. That almost sounds new. You know, if they didn't say that for the past two other releases.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

266. PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace of Hearts wrote:

7. The previously-hidden Love Shine Oni steps. They're fun!
8. Anything else previously hidden under a glitch.

Remember: Those are glitches on the arcade version. However much you want them, I can almost assure you 100% that they will not be on the US release of Extreme. I probably think that Konami knows about the glitches but probably won't acknowlege it, for it would make some people think they did a bad job or something. Blah, Blah, Blah... whatever. Who knows? I think however that we will NOT have any glitched things in the release for the home, who knows? We might get some more crazy things and maybe we can find out a way yo glitch those. Haw Haw.

You might know this, but sorry - just letting you know again. ^^ Sorry to burst your bubble or to sound like a big *ss. biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

267. PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaKa wrote:

Remember: Those are glitches on the arcade version. However much you want them, I can almost assure you 100% that they will not be on the US release of Extreme. I probably think that Konami knows about the glitches but probably won't acknowlege it, for it would make some people think they did a bad job or something.

Konamix was RIDDLED with glitches and typos. Jason Enos, the production manager FOR KONAMIX, was surprised that there were THAT MANY errors in it.

So...yeah. Easily could have errors in the home versions.
Trick Member
Trick Member

268. PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The release date is so far away. .

In the mean time I can still hope for Little Boy, DXY, Dancing All Alone and A Minute.
J-Stro
Trick Member
Trick Member

269. PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

i really don't think it will have many songs in previous arcade games.

I would be on:
LoM
Dance Dance Revolution (the song)
So In Love- Just Because nobody likes it
Most Oni Remixes.
ParanoIa Survivor Max and Survivor
Trip Machine Survivor
Tears, and everything else in sorrow.
some more

i am just hoping for arcade timing windows... if not that then idc rly
View users profile Send private message
.fill
Trick Member
Trick Member

270. PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pineapple_republic wrote:
The release date is so far away. .

In the mean time I can still hope for Little Boy, DXY, Dancing All Alone and A Minute.

YES! That and Petite Love and I'm set. couple.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

271. PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. If they did put Petite Love on this release I would scream with joy. I love that song and being able to play that all / any time I want at home is grand. Woohoo, if only they would. I doubt it though. frown.gif

One can dream...

Haw Haw.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
jeremyh
Basic Member
Basic Member

272. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaKa wrote:
I'm probably sure that 321 Stars will be on this US release of DDR Extreme, but I think Speed Over Beethoven is another story.

I don't think that made it on the Japanese home release and it will probably not be able to make it on the US one if it didn't make it to the Japanese CVS

Aww crap, reading this just ruined my day. frown.gif
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

273. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, sorry about that.

It's been confirmed that Speed Over Beethoven was in the Japanese Home Release of DDRExtreme though. I hope it comes over to the United States release, but again - I doubt it.

Sorry.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
jeremyh
Basic Member
Basic Member

274. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance that there is a Konami email address we can write to, to make our voices heard as to what songs we want in the game? Seriously, I would think this would be good feedback that they would want to get..
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

275. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that it would effect their decisions though. It's due to some licensing issues. Even though you want a song, you might not be able to get it no?

Well anyways, the release date is still far off so they still have time to do whatever we want and we still have time for more information to be rolled our way. Just be patient I guess.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Jayveemoñ.
Trick Member
Trick Member

276. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaKa wrote:
The problem is probably licensing issues. I think Speed Over Beethoven is owned by DanceMania or Toshiba Ebi, something like that. Konami then has to buy some licenses for it to use it in DDR. Konami will probably not do that for it does cost a lot of money. Sorry, if I burst your bubble.
Remember though, I'm not that sure. Maybe you'll still have your Speed Over Beethoven. E13.gif

Speed Over Beethoven is not owned by Toshiba-Emi, it's owned by italian label LED Records and EMI got the license from them, and Konami got a license from EMI. KoA can just try to get the license from LED Records directly. Hopefully EX will have more Saifam, doesn't have to be Jenny Rom just some good stuff like Wildside or somethng....::mumbles off and walks away::
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

277. PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i the only one annoyed that the pic in the gamepro previw is the same csfilsmstupidbarbermobosweetsweet<3 screan shot weve had for weeks

it would of been a perfect photo op to show off one or two more songs and keep the fires of curiostiy burning
Trick Member
Trick Member

278. PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even though i think Extreme is going to be a bunch of repeats, i still would love to have Kick The Can and Dancing Popokin. those were awesome songs. yea.
SetsunaKira7
Trick Member
Trick Member

279. PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be so awesome if Konami would make this home version exactly like the arcade version.

Aaaaaaand back to the real world:

Konami will probly NOT put any of the good Japanese songs because they want us to keep purchasing newer and newer releases. Trust me my dad is in advertising. But heres hoping!
(Everyone else is doing it...)

Senorita-speedy mix E1.gif
A laugh.gif
Dam Dariram laugh.gif
Butterfly E1.gif
Graduation(STOP LAUGHING AT ME) riiight.gif

P.S.: It would be REALLY cool if they put in a feature where we can put the disc in our PC and download any song we want, then make steps for them. (Falls over wheezing) drool.gif

BTW, the 12y/o spaz kid is famous in my school(points and laughs)

Thanks goes out to Fizzywix.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: