Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

200. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zookey_Chan wrote:
I am one of those ppl who thought MAX2usa rocked (probably not as good as JP, but much better than MaxUSA imo)----although I did not like Extreme the arcade mix---(

Everything except the exclusives and a few songs are on the arcade .. in others words the Extreme machine is Max2US on crack . .how could you dislike it?

Take It To The Morning Light, Holic, Ordinary World, Let The Beat Hit Em, Abyss, I'm For Real, Candy, Gentle Stress, Get Me in Your Sight. . that alone owns MAX2US. All it needed was the 6th mix songs ON MAX2US that would have been THE americn version of DDR.

I'm about to play DDR it right now.
Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

201. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(to person who said Smile.DK has a thing for DDR--thanks for answering that question man!!!)-------Well, I liked Max2 USA because it had ++some++ 3rd mix songs---IE In the Navy and Silent Hill----which brought back fond memories of the 3rd Mix Korea V2 machine that used to reside in my local arcade until the owner, against my STRONG advice, upgraded to Extreme-----------there is a lot of 3rd mix songs I want--------I guess I shouldn't say I totally hate Extreme---you are right it is a lot like Max2usa-------but I miss 3rd mix so much

Butterfly upswing mix
Bakkwo
Budam
Sung Sook
Face
Byul
Do It All Night
Oh Nick Please Not So Quick
Upside Down
Operator
Flashdance
Turn Me On
Mr. Wonderful
Guyong Go (spelling?)
Shock
Starian
Tell me Tell me
In the Navy
Captain Jack
Paranoia Eternal

Third mix had so many classics---those are the best choreographed DDR songs imo----and if we mix those with

Diakenkai
There You'll Be
Twilight Zone
Sandstorm (with new, better steps)
Kakumei
V
A
Saints Go Marching
Somewhere over the Rainbow
La Vida De La Copa (with MUCH better steps)
Speed over Beethoven
We are the Champions
We Will Rock Your
Look At Us

plus a few others I cannot think about right now-----then you would have something that could be called 'extreme' ---heck I would even give them the honor of using my name on it!! DDR Zookey Mix------that has a nice ring to it don't you guys think?
Makou
Trick Member
Trick Member

202. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as songs and such go, we know of four that are confirmed. The Legend of Max is probably a given, and I'm willing to bet at least two of the other Extreme CS exclusives (Scorching Moon, Un Deux Trois -- screw Max Period) will be present, as well as at least one of the Party Collection songs.

And, of course, we'll get some funky US-exclusive licenses... what, however, I have no idea. They've given us Sandstorm and Heaven, even of 99% of the elitists out there said "omg steps sux0r" for both of them, and I can't think of anything that a lot of people want to see at this point.

Personally, and I know this is a long shot, I'd like to see more Wildside songs show up. Everything I've heard of theirs I've enjoyed, and they fit DDR very well. If Konami (of America) gave us Speed Japan and Heaven Is A Place On Earth (Speedo Mix), I'd love them all forever. But I'm not getting my hopes up, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Last edited by Makou on Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
ReijiItou
Basic Member
Basic Member

203. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee finally a US version of Extreme!

Gonna be interesting to see what's on this version...from the 8 screenshots on the site I can see the dancer feature is gonna be like in Party Collection....with all 60 dancers drool.gif Just hope the unlock isn't going to be monotonous like Party Collection was...

To the 12 year old on this forum, cool your jets man. You embarass my city lol. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

204. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is too late 4 it 2 be on extreme, but is very do able on the next 1 if they pur it on PS3, they could make a things kinda like itunes, where u can dl songs 4 a fee, and 4 if u dont have a credit card, or r 2 young, u can go 2 video game stores and buy discs/cards with a code on em that lets u dl a certain amount of songs
Kyle_Snyder
Trick Member
Trick Member

205. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do get some US exclusives, I'd like to see some Drum n' Bass or Jungle exclusives. It seems that the majority of US exclusives are Trance. I'd like to discover/hear some good Drum n' Bass/Jungle artists, so that I can study Drum n' Bass/Jungle more. I already know the basics to Drum n' Bass/Jungle, but I feel that there's more I could learn from this music genre.
RXevo
Trick Member
Trick Member

206. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know what?

i think that they should drop this righ now.

because, if they want to have itout by fall, its gonna be a rush.

and rushes are bad (coughcough/\/\^X2coughcough)

so i think they should delay and waith till next year to give us something that doesnt pale in comparison to extreme jp or max2 jp
Makou
Trick Member
Trick Member

207. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxX, what are you talking about? Last time I checked, MAX USA was announced at E3 two years ago, and MAX2 USA as announced after E3 last year (please correct me if I'm wrong). Neither game really had a rushed feel to it, in my opinion (other than how they just slapped foot ratings on the select screen of MAX... that was kind of poor).

True, MAX2 was repeat-o-rama, but it wasn't as bad as everybody claims it is. My only complaint was that AM-3P showed up again. Sheesh, I love the steps and all, but I think it's time to put that dog to sleep.
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

208. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makou wrote:
True, MAX2 was repeat-o-rama, but it wasn't as bad as everybody claims it is. My only complaint was that AM-3P showed up again. Sheesh, I love the steps and all, but I think it's time to put that dog to sleep.

especialy considering they put the am east mix on their too
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

209. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarktemplar wrote:
Makou wrote:

especialy considering they put the am east mix on their too

They put in AM-3P (AM East Mix) in there because it's a Max2 Oni Exclusive with ONI only steps. That would prove a problem to US players that aren't that good yet. So therefore, they provided the orginal with ALL step difficulties to appeal to more players. Not just players like us, that are seasoned and good at it.

The problem I had with Max2 was that it had too many songs that were in other mixes and I own all the US DDR releases. It's kind of boring since I can just load up Konamix and play most of those songs. However, Max2 was still good in my opinion. The only thing that bugged me was that they did not have Oni mode, but what's great about Max was that that mix had Oni mode unlike it's Japanese prodecessor. Good stuff in my opinion. Also, it kind of erks me that they included the Oni steps, but the only song that uses those Oni step difficulties are the Oni Exclusive songs that have only that difficulty and Kakumei. Kakumei was the only song that had all Beginner, Light, Standard, Heavy, and Oni steps. Kind of sucks since I was hoping they would've added at least some Oni steps to the new releases like Tomorrow Perfume or something like that. Anyways I believe that the two US Ps2 releases for DDR that we got were good.

Thumbs up to Konami. =)

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

210. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Kakumei, it was like that in Max2 JP. Dynamite Rave should have had its Oni steps, but I don't think it did.

What Went Wrong With Max2 US's Challenge Song Collection:
-Oops we forgot Oni mode, thus missing the point entirely
-Oops we forgot the better 2/3rds of the available choices
-Oops the ones we did put in are the ones the entire freaking universe is sick to death of already- Kind Lady, Silent Hill, AM-3P, good job lads

Worse than that, imagine if they decide to shovel the rest of them into Extreme. That'd be 15 songs, 30 if they decide to do their stupid 'oh my God the Americans lose at life so we'd better put easy ones in too' song repeat plan, that could be better spent on Extreme songs and Other Bemani songs that they aren't going to put in. Most of the original versions are on Konamix, and Party Collection too for that matter.

...I actually don't know what I want them to do with Extreme. If it's an exact port, I won't have to buy it. God knows it won't be, though. Let's see if they'll have the balls to do what the Japanese have been strangely reluctant to do: repeat Candy. Candy & Candy (heart) + custom nonstop & challenge = good joerb (for a change).
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

211. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Oni exclusives, you can bet EXTREME USA is going to have all the exclusives and their originals that weren't included in MAX2 US. I will be very dissapointed if I don't get my Oni remixes of: Dynamite Rave, B4U, Brilliant 2U, Higher, Burnin' the Floor, Matsuri Japan, Sexy Planet, and Drop Out.
Contributor
Contributor

212. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about everyone else but looking back MAX2 was a pretty crappy mix over all. It was a bunch of remixes with a few ok songs. Im hoping that the only MAX2 songs we get are for a complete trick oni course at home. I want more songs from Extreme, MaxJP, and 5th mix that have seen american consoles. A few of really old songs from 4th and 3rd THAT WE HAVENT PLAYED TO DEATH would be nice too.
Basic Member
Basic Member

213. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA Extreme... I'd rather my Pop 'n' Stage. (kidding guys, kidding, however i'd love to play some of that right now...) For some reason, I feel that Konami with somehow, go out of their way to disappoint us... Now, I just want to get my information straight right here, but isn't majority of the Extreme songs licensed only to Japan??? And doesn't bringing that music over here costs Konami money? I just don't see Extreme being as good as the old USA mixes (before MAX 2.)
View users profile Send private message
Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

214. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ-Cryztallus wrote:
On the subject of Oni...... Matsuri Japan.

Totally agree dude----the Matsuri Japan steps rocked----BTW (totally off subject) does anyone know what Matsuri means????????
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

215. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zookey_Chan wrote:
BTW (totally off subject) does anyone know what Matsuri means????????

Festival

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

216. PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
Zookey_Chan wrote:

Festival

thanks E13.gif E13.gif E13.gif
Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

217. PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
Zookey_Chan wrote:

Festival

Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

218. PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
Zookey_Chan wrote:

Festival

Zookey_Chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

219. PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
Zookey_Chan wrote:

Festival

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: