Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Unofficial word about Ultramix's Canadian future.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big deal with importing is that from what has been found out, the online play, and song download functions have been disabled, not to mention the fact that importing generally costs more because of customs, duty, and tax.

The fact of the matter is that someone at Konami just plain forgot about Canada this time around, since games have licensed songs up here all the time, and every other DDR released in the US has seen a Canadian release at the same time or a few weeks after.

Honestly, right this moment I have mixed feelings on supporting Konami after this.. I take it a little personally when you shun my entire country, especially when I've been waiting for this game excitedly since the first teaser box art images showed up on the EBGames website, and now not only can I not buy it locally, if I import it, the best features of the game are disabled.

Oh well, in the end it won't matter, since I guess the Canadian market is relatively small in comparison :/

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm well .... they way i think we should settle this is send millions of emails to >konami< and state" i am very anger with the holdback on DDR ultra mix in canada and i would very much so like to see it in canada "

because if you write them a bunch of realy realy realy realy realy realy realy doggy emails they get mad and just forget about canada.
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be glad this wasn't a PS2 release, then a LOT more than the dozen or so people who own an EcchsBox would have been upset E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one of those 13-or-so people who have the Number One Killer of Pets and Small Children, so this doesn't bug me so much.

...though Castles In the Sky being only on Ultramix really annoys me... erm.gif

PS: Please learn to spell; it hurts my head to have to read over your posts 3 or 4 times to get an idea of what you're trying to say.
Yes, YOU.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
rockyc51
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: DDR Ultra Reply with quote

Hey,

I just called the local EB and they said they would be reciving Ultra Mix on Dec 4. I dont think there is nothing to worry about as this problem occured for MAX 2 too.
Rocky Campana
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stedmister
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Ultra Reply with quote

rockyc51 wrote:
Hey,

I just called the local EB and they said they would be reciving Ultra Mix on Dec 4. I dont think there is nothing to worry about as this problem occured for MAX 2 too.

Amazon.ca has the bundle for sale and states that ddr ultramix (the game ony will be released dec 2), has anyone in the sates had problems downloading songs, and anyone in canada who has imported the game have trouble besides the unconfirm post a couple back?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
flyt
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
View users profile Send private message
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyt wrote:
hi

Wow.If that isn't postwhoring...I don't know what is...

[on-topic now...]

Well basically I think that Konami must've screwed up on this one or they just might not like Canadians.Yes,the NTSC U/C rating is proabably to state the rating is for United States and Canada.As in BOTH not one or the other but both.Stupid Konami!

Argh.

That sucks for Canadians.I'm pretty sure that Candians will be able to get the game,DDR Ultramix-probably delayed though.Maybe it is just a problem with X-Box Live?Maybe it is Microsoft's fault on the programming or something.Maybe the blame isn't all on Konami.Could it be on the Echs-Bocks and Microsoft?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look first off that "NTSC U/C" last I checked was ALWAYS on PS products not XBox. Last time I check XBox jewel cases it always just said "NTSC" period.
I think the case is that Konami forgot about Canada. I never thought that record companies would throw a bit hissyfit about CANADA for godsakes. I always thought for games in North America the licensing fees for songs or whatever would include Canada as well or if you grabbed song licensing fee's for U.S. they'd assume Canada or something like that with Konami and DDR or rather music in general. It just seems to me with music rights Canada is lumped in with the U.S. anyway. Maybe I'm just greatly mistaken. If I am, someone please correct me.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
eryk
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am importing. Yes, I will get the game in 5-7 Business days (Thank you, UPS!), but, it's just the principle. Yeah, lot's of things come out in the USA, but never make the cross over the border. I am no stranger to Importing, let me tell you, but I just don't want to see me get the royal screw-job because of a few extra dollars! Well, I'm tired of this. Why must I be subjected to paying an extra $6.79 because Konami can't release a game to their die-hard fans? What's next? Castlevania is released in Japan only? I wouldn't be surprised.
Remus
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Canada, and I was able to buy it here at our local EB. Yes, I am also able to play online as well.

But, there is no content download availiable. So that part is true.
Citizen
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious?!?!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Remus
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it comes with a free 2 month trial to Xbox Live inside, I don't know if anyone pointed this out.
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remus wrote:
I'm in Canada, and I was able to buy it here at our local EB. Yes, I am also able to play online as well.

That may be the most magical thing i have ever heard. In other words my maby fellow canadian friends we won't have to import from the U.S(i have no problem with the U.S a few of my cousins life there) i just hope i can buy DDR ultra mix in regina sask at the >2< E&B or many walmarts/superstore/target,ect...
Raian
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the hell does Canada need its own special release? Is it gonna have its own music? A special "drop the bomb eh?" or .59 zamboni mix???

Last edited by Raian on Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total
Stedmister
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rei_kento wrote:
Remus wrote:

That may be the most magical thing i have ever heard. In other words my maby fellow canadian friends we won't have to import from the U.S(i have no problem with the U.S a few of my cousins life there) i just hope i can buy DDR ultra mix in regina sask at the >2< E&B or many walmarts/superstore/target,ect...

SWEET!! I was unaware the game would be only available by import, I guss we Canadians will eventually get the song downloads.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall this happening with MAX2...they said there was some issues with the game at the border for some reason, and EB only had enough copies to cover preorders at the time of release. I personally didnt care about after that, since I had my copy, but it seems this time the threat of it being stopped it more real than before.

I find it hard to believe that Konami would "forget" a whole country. Its kinda hard to forget a source of income for a company. There must be some regulations on songs done in the US or something that is causing these problems in Canada. Either way, its bad planning on Konami's part.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys even tried calling your local EB? I just went there on the 19th, and asked about it. Said it was arriving tomorrow, put it on hold for me and I picked it up 2 days later. Not much of a "pre-order".

The EB I had went to, only had 4 copies for that store, the other stores had them as well. I don't see much a differance between this release and every other DDR release that came out to Canada, all of them have been very limited.
WhyDoWeNeedKonami4Success
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Poor Canadians Reply with quote

They are missing out on a great game. Playing MAX 300 against 2 (or 3... eh my tvs to small) people is just fun. Then you get to listen to everybody cuss when were done E15.gif . Pure fun.
Vecna
Basic Member
Basic Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Poor Canadians Reply with quote

Uhhh, I pre-ordered the game at EB. They had it listed as coming out on Dec. 4th like mentioned above, but lo and behold, I got my new shiny DDR:Ultramix bundle two days ago. Since then, I have been only giving up to let my legs rest.

All the features seem to work fine. I haven't tried to update it on Live yet, but I don't see any problems. As far as I know, X-Box live servers do not discriminate against out of States IPs. I've never had a problem getting content before.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: