Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Unofficial word about Ultramix's Canadian future.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Unofficial word about Ultramix's Canadian future. Reply with quote

It appears that due to a licensing SNAFU that a Canadian release of DDR Ultramix has been put on indefinite hold and will likely never see the light of day. This was scooped by Nikashi from his talks with a Konami representative. Until an official representative of Konami confirms to us, consider this unofficial word.

Thanks to Nikashi for the information and for being so persistent on this issue. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ChaoTiC-oNe
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo first post!! well thats bad news for canadians. well, they could always jsut import it
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Nikashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konami rep says Song content is up to MS whether they'll allow Canadians to download the songs if they import.. I'm waiting for information from Microsoft, but from previous talks, there shouldn't be an issue since Xbox Live doesn't know what region you're connected from, and most likely wouldn't disable downloads to Canadians since it's a paid service, which gets around the whole licensing fees thing.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
burton_board
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! frust.gif
how can they do this too me! stupid ********** blah, darn these stupid sensors and turing swearing into gibberish! this is bad! but i could always just import, but crap that involves effort! erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
beginner-oni
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoTiC-oNe wrote:
well thats bad news for canadians. well, they could always jsut import it

yea i agree but ultramix still hasnt hit stores here yet but i cant wait i wonder y it hasnt been out yet hmmm o well
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
venomchamp
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beginner-oni wrote:
ChaoTiC-oNe wrote:

yea i agree but ultramix still hasnt hit stores here yet but i cant wait i wonder y it hasnt been out yet hmmm o well

Konami has decided to put the sale of its Bundle Pack (Game and Pad) for sale on Nov. 18. Those who want the game only will have to wait till Dec. 2. I unfortunately had to order the bundle because I can't wait that long! If you are considering buying the bundle, goto ebgames.com they have it for $64.99. Gamestop.com has it for $69.99.
View users profile Send private message Send email
eryk
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Why??!! WHY?!!!!

Konami, please DON'T DO THIS. Yes, I could always import, but this is a complete mistake. I live in Canada, and just, Oh. My. God. I certainly hope this comes out in Canada or else I am never buying another Konami product again.
View users profile Send private message
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eRiC TiKo wrote:
Why? Why??!! WHY?!!!!

Konami, please DON'T DO THIS. Yes, I could always import, but this is a complete mistake. I live in Canada, and just, Oh. My. God. I certainly hope this comes out in Canada or else I am never buying another Konami product again.

This isn't all Konami's fault. Licencing songs is a tricky issue, and the Xbox Live factor wasn't accounted for, I don't think.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Chealion
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we always getting screwed? frust.gif

Grrr... At least, for most people it won't be too hard to just order it from the States. I know I had to order my PS2 to USB adapter from Texas because I couldn't find any place here in Calgary.

Stupid Konami, stupid Microsoft. disgust.gif
beginner-oni
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

venomchamp wrote:
beginner-oni wrote:
ChaoTiC-oNe wrote:

Konami has decided to put the sale of its Bundle Pack (Game and Pad) for sale on Nov. 18. Those who want the game only will have to wait till Dec. 2. I unfortunately had to order the bundle because I can't wait that long! If you are considering buying the bundle, goto ebgames.com they have it for $64.99. Gamestop.com has it for $69.99.

yea i no but nuthing has hit stores yet not even bundle...
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: well i've said once Reply with quote

well i've said once and i'll say it agian. "STOP BEING POOR!!"
ok so by the sounds of it, it seems that because some songs are made by real artist not some fat computer nerd with is keboard. Canada can't get DDR ultra mix yes that makes the most sense in the world,and you know us can have it no problem bu canada F|_|ck no! that's just so hard to tell the song people migy that there going to put it in canada o yes so hard well i for one will never play ddr agian.*mash ending theme plays*

so long fans
i never thought i would say this but so long
we all shared some good laghes but i must give my final wave good bye
so long fare well to u my ddr are friends

always remember me
Rei_kento
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: well i've said once Reply with quote

rei_kento wrote:
ok so by the sounds of it, it seems that because some songs are made by real artist not some fat computer nerd with is keboard. Canada can't get DDR ultra mix yes that makes the most sense in the world,and you know us can have it no problem bu canada F|_|ck no! that's just so hard to tell the song people migy that there going to put it in canada o yes so hard well i for one will never play ddr agian.*mash ending theme plays*

so long fans

always remember me
Rei_kento

Rei_kento here again, Well great news my parents are buying me ddr ulta mix online
beginner-oni
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: well i've said once Reply with quote

rei_kento wrote:
rei_kento wrote:

so long fans

always remember me
Rei_kento

Rei_kento here again, Well great news my parents are buying me ddr ulta mix online

thought u were playin again @.@
Stedmister
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That totally bites not being released in Canada
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER:This is UNOFFICIAL news as of now.They might release it in Canada.

I on the otherhand,think that Konami should just pay the extra licensing fees or whatever...makes some people happy right?These are die hard fans of your game,Konami!Do us a favor and do that for our Canadian pals.

I think that DDRUltramix will probably hit Canada stores because they will have to market it out to people other than Americans to make more money and profits.It would be a smart move...maybe I'm just thinking weird...but that would be what I would do...

Again,I'm just a stupid dorky 13 year old who has no life and likes DDR too much,but yeah...I think this way.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Nikashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: New Unconfirmed Information About Playing Online In Canada Reply with quote

This is not confirmed in any way, but someone in Canada has tried to go online with DDR Ultramix, and were not able to play against anyone on live (No games were shown available), and the Song Pack was not able to be downloaded.

Sure going out of their way to make sure we can't get those songs or play online against americans, geez...

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuma
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me curious George of you want but....what effort does it take to import and play games from the US? Do Canadian machines hve territory lockouts?

I have been an importer since way back in the days of the SNES and despite our different TV system, inflated prices ($110 for Super Mario Kart anyone??!! or how about $135 for StarFox 64!!!), low supply & high demand it really is the only way to go. It seems to me that this is just a trivial matter.

By all means correct me I am wrong.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this can't happen
I preordered it last week
jeezus
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Canada has the EXACT SAME TV and electrical systems as the US do... you know how on PS2 games it says "NTSC U/C"... well the C stands for Canada E10.gif

Kuma
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikashi wrote:
Only Canada has the EXACT SAME TV and electrical systems as the US do... you know how on PS2 games it says "NTSC U/C"... well the C stands for Canada E10.gif

So what's the big deal about having to import it then? Is the price that much more? I've never actually seen a US PS2 game before as I only buy Japanese.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: