Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Karaoke Revolution
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Karaoke Revolution Reply with quote

Karaoke Revolution was recently released, and I bought it today and spent the last few hours singing. I must say it's a really fun game with a lot of songs most people should know (by Michael Jackson, Michelle Branch, Madonna, Barenaked Ladies, and many more). For those unfamiliar with the game, it grades you based on how in tune your singing is and gives you a rating based on that. This game comes with a microphone bundled, or you can purchase the game separately if you already have a USB microphone. On a side note, Karaoke Revolution was named best video game of 2003 by Time magazine.

Last edited by J Dogg on Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
robbiej
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I'm the firs to post!!!! Woohoo!!!!

oh yeah....
umm...

I wish they made this game for Xbox. I was so excited about it coming out, and then I realized that its PS2 only. They need a Karaoke Revolution Ultramix laugh.gif
I refuse to buy Xbox Music Mixer which is a 1/4 Karaoke game.
No thanks.
I'll stick to V.I.P Karaoke with 70" screens here in Kamloops.
I guarantee you'll never get the satisfaction of belting out a good SMAP song on Karaoke revolution!!

p'zam
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend bought it Wendsday and I borrowed it friday. If you don't want to know how to unlock the four hidden songs, don't read any further.

Okay, here's the list:
One Week - Complete the story mode.
Ladies Night - Complete one game of Arcade on Beginner
Smooth Criminal - Complete one game of arcade on Intermediate
Science Fiction Girl (from frequency) - Complete one game of arcade on Hard

There you go. It's a great game and I can't wait until I can get my own copy.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
FUNKMASTER FLIP
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be no problem for me!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We happen to get our hands on it also o_O our mom is hooked to that game and she wants a real microphone instead of the headset....but enough about her

anyways this game is really fun, especially the songs that come with it E4.gif very very entertaining to sing to indeed...any one smell a next mix? lol

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
blue-kun
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell asleep last night with Jason singing lullabies to me. Ahahahaha.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. XD

Eugene
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
DJ SODO
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna love this, and so is my choir teacher, lol, she loved ddr when i brung it in, she even bought a copy, lol. im gonna beat this in a week, lol, im a pretty good singer, just not at anything high, im the lowest in my whole schools choir. [/bragging] laugh.gif anyways, this looks pretty cool, too bad im gonna have to wait till i get my turntables, which are $200 (!) then KR (new name ddr freaks gonna call this, lol,) which is $60 since i dont have a headset already disgust.gif

P.S. i said lol 6 times including this one and the smily

EDIT: 6 times actually
endless
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it kinda like DDR? Do the words go up and u have to sing the word(s) at a sertane time?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
nystargate
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game, awful songs.

I managed to get three gold records, yay me!

I am looking forward to the next mix. Hoping for better songs and for a regular microphone instead of a headset.

I wish The Power of Love was the one by Celine Dion and not Huey Lewis...
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nystargate wrote:
I wish The Power of Love was the one by Celine Dion and not Huey Lewis...

One other thing about songs that really made me sad.

While most of them didn't sound like covers, the ones that I were really looking forward to were blatant covers by someone else. Like "One Week". I was looking forward to Barenaked Ladies ... not Barenaked Ladies covered by one person doing both voices in that song.

And I really, really wanted the Michael Jackson version of "Smooth Criminal" ... not that Alien Artfarm crud. disturb.gif

But I still like the game. I've played it for a few hours already between yesterday and today, unlocked three songs or so, and got several platinum records (but only on Easy. I got one on Intermediate judging).
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u guys want a mic that u hold, here it is
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-70-2jp-4-7.html
View users profile Send private message Send email
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty fun.but there will probably be NO new mixes for Karaoke Revolution.What they're doing for it is similar to DDR's append mix discs.They'll have Expansion discs and all you have to do is put in your regular Karaoke Revolution disc...go to Extras...go to Expansion discs and then it'll automatically eject the disc tray.Take it out stick it in and you're off and ready!!!

Whee.

Oh and did anyone see the One Week video?

SPOILERS AHEAD about it....

Mel B...his HUSKYNESS is in it!!!It's pretty COOL.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
9sam1
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might buy the game but on the official site you can hear the songs and being a michael jackson fan i was upset that Both his songs (smooth criminal and billie jean) were sung by other people that sux frown.gif
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wasn't too upset with Billie Jean. A song like that can be done rather well even if it is not Michael Jackson.

But being that I despise Alien Antfarm, not only was that an insult ... but so was having someone do a cover of their version. So it's badness piled on top of more badness.

But again ... overall, I really do like the game and the majority of songs. It's pretty funny when you're doing Random and are hit with something like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and you're desperately trying to sing it without laughing. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this game was coming out, and was excited. I'm even more amazed it beat the Japanese version out. Yesasia.com says it comes out on the 20th of November or so, which I fully intend to get.
Now that they've covered Karaoke, whats next? "Trumpet Revolution"? (joke) Konami never ceases to amaze me with these releases.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaKa wrote:
It's pretty fun.but there will probably be NO new mixes for Karaoke Revolution.What they're doing for it is similar to DDR's append mix discs.They'll have Expansion discs and all you have to do is put in your regular Karaoke Revolution disc...go to Extras...go to Expansion discs and then it'll automatically eject the disc tray.Take it out stick it in and you're off and ready!!!

Expansion discs are the way to go. Instead of having people who own KR buying another game at 39.99-49.99, instead buy expansion CDs for about 9.99-19.99 (and if you dont' own the game, the price should be lower by the time the next expansion comes out).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Agilab
Contributor
Contributor

16. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually playing it right now. Need to take a break, laugh.gif . You start to understand how hard it is to sing consecutively after a couple of songs, or heck, just consecutively singing ONE song gets kinda hard. But it is a very good game, I recommend it!
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats evil how they put up songs that arent even sung by the original artists! devil.gif the alien ant farm version of smooth criminal was almost completely diff from the original, what with its rock and whatnot, lol, but if they do make expansion discs, will there be that many new songs on it? or just 4 or 5? i never really played any imports so i wouldnt kno riiight.gif
ThadTheEvil
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My major issue is the Mic bundled with it. I can't seem to get it to always register my voice when I play. Any tips/ideas on how to get it to work better?
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThadTheEvil wrote:
My major issue is the Mic bundled with it. I can't seem to get it to always register my voice when I play. Any tips/ideas on how to get it to work better?
'

Go to the Options screeen and turn up the Mic Gain Setting.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: