Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Initial Songlist for DDR Ultramix Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamarik
Staff Member
Staff Member

120. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukiDanceMaster wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
DDR Phantom wrote:
You left out one very important factor, the video card. i dare say you could run stepmania (i've never used dwi) on an amd k6-2 500mhz with 256 mb of ram as long as you were at least running a geforce 2 mx 400 with 128mb ddr memory. Sorry if i came off as an buttocks, computers are my thing. A+ certified since Feb. 2002
I neglected it because (as you somewhat point out, betraying your point) it doesn't take a whole lot of horsepower to render arrows. In fact, I don't even know necessarily that DWI uses Direct3D - I think it just uses DirectDraw.

The slowdowns I'm referring to don't even happen in arrow-heavy songs like Orion.78 - It would happen in .59 and era and Max300 Std.

It's an AIW Radeon, BTW. Bought at the same time as the machine. Putting a video card slower than a GF2MX in an Athlon 900 makes baby Jesus cry.

And for the record, I'm A+ certified as well. I'll be taking Server+ in about two weeks (just now getting around to it).

A+ certification means SQUASH. It's just a badge to show off to companies with. Trust me it is. Computers are my thing too, i also program FOR them.

DirectDraw is apart of the Direct3D library(just making a note) especially in any version 7 and above.

It's nothing wrong with the graphics card it's mainly processing power. The guy who programmed Dance With Intensity somehow cause the program itself wanting to use more than 90% of the resources. When you have a program that does that, any background process can slow down dwi. Especially if your running AIM(hehe). Another case of slowdown is a very low fill buffer. That is usually found on generic video cards. Yeah if tons of arrows slow down DWI you should go out and SHOOT yourself in the head.

I know a Geforce 2 MX 400(64 MB) with 256mb SDRAM(system ram) on a 400mhz p2 can run DWI. Just as long as you do not hit ALT+TAB.

Do not forget the program streams MP3s while performing high anti-aliasing(another graphics feature that alows crisp text and textures); mp3s do take more processing power than your ordinary wav file.

Although it seems that DWI would be slow on your system it really should not be. I would try closing every program and every unknown background process on your computer before running dwi and see how it peforms.

Another Hint: If your hard drive continues to flicker while your playing the game for more than 3 minutes. Either #1: you need more ram, #2 a background process that is accessing the hard drive continuously, or #3 its time to defrag that hard drive.

Actually, I'm willing to bet money that if Cutriss resizes his DWI window even one pixel in any direction before he plays, it'll fix all the stuttering.
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if many of you guys don't like this songlist so far, why don't you all go to radioshack (or online) buy yourself a PS2 or X-Box to PC Adapter, download Stepmania, and make your own songlist nerd.gif it beats having to waste your money of this mix if you don't like it. Hey that's what we'll be doing when this mix comes out cause we don't have an X-Box nor do we want one E4.gif

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Pimpbot5000v1b
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: DDR ON XBOX?!!? OMFG NOOoooooOo! Reply with quote

I still can believe all the hate you people have for the xbox.

wtf? online versus....multiplayer over 2 people... downloadable new songs and edit data. (free and pay ones)

All that and you still call it the "worst mix"

you people are crazy. blink.gif

- IIDX!! IIDX!!! IIDX!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Guderian
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misaki's Midnite Blaze wrote:
if many of you guys don't like this songlist so far, why don't you all go to radioshack (or online) buy yourself a PS2 or X-Box to PC Adapter, download Stepmania, and make your own songlist nerd.gif it beats having to waste your money of this mix if you don't like it. Hey that's what we'll be doing when this mix comes out cause we don't have an X-Box nor do we want one E4.gif

Download Stepmania, god if I hear that as a solution to another DDR question I'm gonna explode.

Don't want to buy a car 'cause none of them are perfect? Just steal one! disturb.gif

I also like to pay for my things, something about 'morals' or something.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

124. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamarik wrote:
Actually, I'm willing to bet money that if Cutriss resizes his DWI window even one pixel in any direction before he plays, it'll fix all the stuttering.
Well, then I shall take said money. :-D (I ran it in fullscreen exclusive)

What's your idea, Tam? Know something I don't?

PS - I wiped DWI months ago, so I can't really test this.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Aesir
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Remy, is it possible to lock a news or home page thread or whatever this thread counts as? Because this thread sure seems like a good one to test it on....

Any way, I'm not in love with this songlist, but its not half bad, either. I'm just thrilled that we're gonna get a few "exclusive" Bemani songs that our extremely spoiled freinds to the West won't get exactly one month later. It brings me pride to know that we at least have some things that the Japanese don't have.

And for all you *enter any noun here, "PS2 fanboys" is a good one* still think Ultramix looks like the mutant fourth mix that the screens showed, you're mistaken. It now looks like a lot more like Extreme (but in a good way, not all green and ugly) and is really silvery and modern looking.

Oh, and for those of you having problems with Stepmania, its because you have a sucky video card (not to be harsh). Stepmania relies on OnpenGL, which requires a fair amount of video card input. I had a TNT2 before, and SM ran fairly well, but would skip occasionally (yes, nothing in the background, graphic settings at minmum). I upgraded to an ATI 9600, and now it runs flawlessly, with all settings at max and a ton of programs running in the background. I even have a lot of nice hardware effects running, like anti-liasing and ansitropic filtering
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

126. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Æsir wrote:
Hey Remy, is it possible to lock a news or home page thread or whatever this thread counts as? Because this thread sure seems like a good one to test it on....
All the frontpage threads are in the Headlines forum. If you look there, you'll see that many have been locked before, some right from the onset, as they pertain to announcements that require no immediate feedback.
Æsir wrote:
Oh, and for those of you having problems with Stepmania, its because you have a sucky video card (not to be harsh). Stepmania relies on OnpenGL, which requires a fair amount of video card input. I had a TNT2 before, and SM ran fairly well, but would skip occasionally (yes, nothing in the background, graphic settings at minmum). I upgraded to an ATI 9600, and now it runs flawlessly, with all settings at max and a ton of programs running in the background. I even have a lot of nice hardware effects running, like anti-liasing and ansitropic filtering
We're talking about DWI, not Stepmania, so that doesn't apply. DWI uses D3D, not OpenGL. And this discussion should end here, methinks...

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
zreLmar
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has nobody else noticed ORION.78 civ?
http://www.konamihwi.com/ddr_ultramix/screens/01/ultramix01_10.jpg
... Yay! One point for me! laugh.gif

Last edited by zreLmar on Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ZipTai
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

128. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zrelmar wrote:

Wow, first one to spot the hidden clue there....
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Tamarik
Staff Member
Staff Member

129. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Tamarik wrote:
Well, then I shall take said money. :-D (I ran it in fullscreen exclusive)

What's your idea, Tam? Know something I don't?

PS - I wiped DWI months ago, so I can't really test this.

Then get it again and test it. E1.gif

You've got the same card as me (well, Radeon CLASS, anyway), and I can't really tell what's wrong with the way the driver handles the initial drawing of the window, but if you run DWI in a window and then slightly resize it, it'll alleviate any and all stuttering problems.

Running it in fullscreen just changes the res of the monitor and keeps the inital draw of the screen in memory... I honestly don't know WHY ATI cards do this, but they do. A simple resize fixes it.
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

130. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZipTai wrote:
Zrelmar wrote:

Wow, first one to spot the hidden clue there....

Heheheh, how'd I miss that?
4goodor4awesome
Basic Member
Basic Member

131. PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Songs Reply with quote

ok.I know the songlist, i like the song list, but gah lee..gimmie some HARDER SONGS! I see maybe 4 9's and 0 10s!!! Someone PLEASE tell me that it will ship with a 10 footer atleast. Or atleast tell me the unlockables!!
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: I little off subject... Reply with quote

I know this seems a wee bit off subject, but has anyone else noticed how J-Dogg and the rest of the people have changeds their names to fit a more "Matrixy" enviroment? SOme naems include Mr. Anderson or Agent Smith 03. laugh.gif nice touch guys! thumb.gif
Dracosavant
Trick Member
Trick Member

133. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs Reply with quote

4goodor4awesome wrote:
ok.I know the songlist, i like the song list, but gah lee..gimmie some HARDER SONGS! I see maybe 4 9's and 0 10s!!! Someone PLEASE tell me that it will ship with a 10 footer atleast. Or atleast tell me the unlockables!!

OoC said there will be MORE than one 10 footer as unlockables back in the DDR Ultramix thread.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs Reply with quote

Dracosavant wrote:
4goodor4awesome wrote:

OoC said there will be MORE than one 10 footer as unlockables back in the DDR Ultramix thread.

That and chances are that it might be PSM 270 and 290 along with bag and maybe LoM...I don't know, i'm just specualting... E13.gif nerd.gif let's wish that it'll be like Extreme...but just like Extreme 'cuz we gotta have somethin' to look forward to! E10.gif
Rage*
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell!
why is everyone arguing about consoles and simulators and stuff?
personally i think its shallow to be a one-console fanboy (i use the term loosely) as in this day and age, you should like all of them, and own more than one (if you can afford them) to appreciate the wealth of great games out there.

and as for DWI/stepmania, im a bit worried the way some of you are so strongly for/against them.

i have every song (so far) in my stepmania, as i figure i spend enough money in the arcades that im not robbing konami, but i understand some of you feel different. your choice.
i even buy all the crappy scraps of games that KoE decide to throw my way (in the UK) and am planning on getting imports.

and as for the songlist, it does look rather ...odd.
the new songs and remixes sound aggressive!
maybe the unlocks will make up for it and i hope the rest of the downloadable song packs are good.

how come nobody's complaining about the whole download aspect? not everyone has the internet, and even less have xbox live.
i think they should also be selling song packs on cdroms in game shops.
Basic Member
Basic Member

136. PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Ugly mutant thing? Reply with quote

Quote:
And for all you *enter any noun here, "PS2 fanboys" is a good one* still think Ultramix looks like the mutant fourth mix that the screens showed, you're mistaken. It now looks like a lot more like Extreme (but in a good way, not all green and ugly) and is really silvery and modern looking.

Um.. Yea i got a screenie *w/max 300 E4.gif * Here http://www.geocities.com/maxer347/temporarypreviewfile.html?1069620158906 um. yea. lol
BOOM!
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Xbox today(with DDR Ultramix, of course) and I was thinkin,"How do you download songs?" I know you have to have Xbox Live and an Internet connection and all that, but what else do you have to do? Does it have to be broadband or can it be dial-up too? Most gamers don't have a broadband connection (me included) E19.gif
View users profile Send private message
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

138. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage* wrote:
how come nobody's complaining about the whole download aspect? not everyone has the internet, and even less have xbox live.
i think they should also be selling song packs on cdroms in game shops.

I don't think anyone here is going to have the problem of not having an internet connection.

Selling song packs on CD-ROM would kill the idea; install it once, pass it to a friend. Repeat.

And it's not a REQUIRED aspect of the game. The game works fine without an internet connection. Same as practically every other console game in history.

Quote:
I just got my Xbox today(with DDR Ultramix, of course) and I was thinkin,"How do you download songs?" I know you have to have Xbox Live and an Internet connection and all that, but what else do you have to do? Does it have to be broadband or can it be dial-up too? Most gamers don't have a broadband connection (me included)

You need a broadband connection. Xbox Live does not work with dialup UNLESS you go through a convoluted sequence of hardware chaining I'm sure Cutriss will be happy to tell you about.

And I would wager most online gamers are not using dialup. Especially Xbox online gamers, since, again, it's not officially supported.

Quality dialup these days is almost as expensive as broadband. Time to join the PRESENT. Contemporize, maaaaan.
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly many people in the uk aren't as "into" the whole broadband thing, and even less are into pay dowloads.

as backward and wrong as that may be, its true.
im just wondering if our xbox game "dancing stage unleashed" (which apparently does have downloadable songs too) will work for us in that case.

im sure they could find a way round the cdrom idea, maybe have them so that you have to reinstall them every 30 days or something, or have places in stores where you can download them straight to memory cards.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: