Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ultramix Website Goes Live
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Ultramix Website Goes Live Reply with quote

The webmaster of Konami Hawaii has written in to let us know that the DDR Ultramix website has gone live.

The web site currently contains information about the songlist, screen shots of 4-player mode as well as Xbox-Live play, more specifics on the Xbox Live play, and a Q&A section. More updates are promised for the week of release.

UPDATE: A movie of gameplay modes has also been posted.

Last edited by Remy on Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Squints.::

... ... well I'll be damned. Depending on how big your television is, 4-player mode actually could work.

But then there's still the issue of four pads around one TV. erm.gif

Anyway, I actually like how this game's looking, appearance-wise. It doesn't copy any of the arcade game looks, and it has a look all its own. It just seems more ... streamlined to me. Smoother.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i look ugly
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Richard
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if any of this has been answered before, but when I read on the site...

Quote:
rank your best scores against other players across the country and chat with other Dance Dance Revolution fans.

It just got me thinking...

How is the voice chat thing suppose to work? I mean, if you're playing using the dance pad, you're obviously not going to be able to play and use the communicator at the same time. There is no way that would work.

I'm guessing a control would have to be plugged in. But if the game supports controller use (I'm pretty all Xbox games must), then the whole Internet Ranking thing would be dominated by idiots (like me) who enjoy playing the game with a controller, also.

Just wondering. ^^
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
El Mullet
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after viewing the movie...

--I practically shat a brick when I saw how smooth this game looked and ran. I KNOW I can't be the only one.

--The following songs were played: Paranoia Eternal, Castles in the Sky, Graduistic Cyber (The ORIGINAL one from CLUB MIX!), Sexy Planet, Hysteria, and Do That Thang (M*A*S*H Radio Edit).

--The steps to Castles in the Sky on Heavy look to be the hardest steps to an American-exclusive song yet.

--The characters are awesome. Even if there are only two, Afro and Lady hve never looked better. Plus, having different effects on the characters is a nice touch.

--Man, original music, original graphics, original announcer, original MODE SELECTION SOUND EFFECTS?!?!!?!? It keeps on getting better!

--You can battle against up to three computer players, and set their difficulties. Wow...just, wow...

I've never been this excited about a DDR mix in YEARS! Something that actually looks ORIGINAL, as opposed to an MAX-interface spinoff. The song list may make or break this thing, but this excellent interface sure helps.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Battle Mode has two types of battles:
Point Battle
Players will be judged on their individual steps. You start with 16 points and whoever reaches 0 points first, loses the game. The game can end in the middle of a song!
Score Battle
Players will compete against each other to see who can get the highest score. The winner is determined by who can end the round with the best score amongst their opponents.

Blah, that's lame. Winner is decided by score, not Dance Points. That means that one player could get more greats than the other, and still win.

As far as I can tell, that's just about the only problem with this game. Too bad i don't have an xbox...but my friend does! biggrin.gif
FTV
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Mullet wrote:

--I practically shat a brick when I saw how smooth this game looked and ran. I KNOW I can't be the only one.

I felt exactly the same way!!! I'm really excited now too! Hey, my Live name is FTV. What's yours El Mullet?
View users profile Send private message Send email
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Mullet wrote:

Nope. You're in good company.

El Mullet wrote:
--The following songs were played: Paranoia Eternal, Castles in the Sky, Graduistic Cyber (The ORIGINAL one from CLUB MIX!), Sexy Planet, Hysteria, and Do That Thang (M*A*S*H Radio Edit).

--The steps to Castles in the Sky on Heavy look to be the hardest steps to an American-exclusive song yet.

They didn't look terrible, but hopefully this wil squash some of the naysayers.

El Mullet wrote:
--The characters are awesome. Even if there are only two, Afro and Lady hve never looked better. Plus, having different effects on the characters is a nice touch.

Oh yeah...loved this.

El Mullet wrote:
--Man, original music, original graphics, original announcer, original MODE SELECTION SOUND EFFECTS?!?!!?!? It keeps on getting better!

Yeah, I was quite pleased by the results of this as well.

El Mullet wrote:
--You can battle against up to three computer players, and set their difficulties. Wow...just, wow...

Meh...whats the point against going up against CPU's. You might as well be playing by yourself and improving instead of practicing aginst the computer with no personality. Still, I guess the feature is nice for the people who want it.

El Mullet wrote:
I've never been this excited about a DDR mix in YEARS! Something that actually looks ORIGINAL, as opposed to an MAX-interface spinoff. The song list may make or break this thing, but this excellent interface sure helps.

Don't forget about the downloadable songs.

This mix will kick ungodly amounts of booty. Thank you KOA, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!
cRazY FeeT
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had an Xbox, I would definately be getting this game.
View users profile Send private message
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the original "Gradiusic Cyber" is confirmed as one of the sercet songs, I wonder what will the Double Heavy steps be like, since it originally didn't have any. It's probably going to be a 10 footer with Freeze arrows, since Double Light is 7, and Double Standard is 9. And I do remember this song also being a 7 on Light.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh.. I must know if there is a double versus mode.... E19.gif

- IIDX!! IIDX!!! IIDX!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Nikashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Double Versus mode. It's been said several times by the producer now, so it's out.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jas
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Do That Thang is an awesome song.

So far, this mix looks like it will make me happy, but the castles in the sky steps look weird o_o.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: eh Reply with quote

The songlist isn't that impressive, but it's nice. I'll hold out, since with DDRMax2 USA, Extreme JP, and Party Mix JP, I'll have plenty of songs.

If you got an Xbox already, get it. If not, it's no big deal, and the PS2 is still a much better bet for DDR over Xbox. DDR is still PS2 territory.
Xbox + adapters + game is a bit pricey for just one game. Not to mention Xbox live fees.

3 player mode is ok to read. Reading 4 player mode blows. Maybe they'll now make a Cube DDR so all 3 systems can have at least 1 DDR. Character animation & the 4 licensed songs are good. The rest is bland.

One more thing - they use those blasted Stepmania 3.0 and earlier arrows. I hate those ****ers. So hard to read =( I'm so glad they fixed that in CVS. Hopefully you can turn those off.
parasyte
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sole complaint is this:

Quote:
A: If you are in Battle Mode on Xbox LiveĀ™ or in your home, everyone participating will have the same difficulty for the song chosen. This is unlike Versus in the normal Game Mode where players can choose their own difficulty.

No 4 people on different difficulties. Sadness, I don't have four friends who can play the same difficulty (except light).
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have 3 friends, so THERE E7.gif

Not to mention my lack of Xbox though...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Pimpbot5000v1b
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those arrows.

I like playing on flat too though erm.gif

- IIDX!! IIDX!!! IIDX!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
El Mullet
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamer Tag: Tuxedo Alex

I'll be using the soft pad that comes with the game, since I don't trust bringing anything else into my dorm. Hopefully I won't suck TOO bad on it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit this does look pretty cool, but:

A) I don't have an X-Box

B) I have most of these songs anyway (although who knows what you are going to be able to download...)

Oh well.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
BeForU~Dude2~
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: eh Reply with quote

BrandonMills wrote:
DDR is still PS2 territory.
i couldn't have said it better myself. that's why ill be importing the almighty ddr extreme JP for ps2 soon and i know i wont regret it E1.gif

BrandonMills wrote:
Reading 4 player mode blows. Maybe they'll now make a Cube DDR so all 3 systems can have at least 1 DDR.
i bet 4 player mode blows donkey and i kinda cannot see how they could EVEN possibly make a Cube version of DDR, it would be almost impossible unless you use B for left, A for down, X for right, and Y for up. something similar to stepmania on your keyboard but i still cannot imagine it. IMO, i dont think it would hold that many songs(like ddr extreme JP) because of the size of the disc but i really don't know about that.

BrandonMills wrote:
Character animation & the 4 licensed songs are good. The rest is bland.
ive never liked the dancing characters even back in my 3rd mix days when i started playing. but i DO like the konami originals that they added. YaY for Candy vocal! E1.gif

BrandonMills wrote:
One more thing - they use those blasted Stepmania 3.0 and earlier arrows. I hate those ****ers. So hard to read =( I'm so glad they fixed that in CVS. Hopefully you can turn those off.
ive never noticed the difference...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: