Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ems Usb2

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beny_boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Ems Usb2 Reply with quote

hi im planning to buy a ddr pad for DWI and i was reccomended to buy the EMS USB2 adapter thingy to connect a pad to the pc. but while reading the FAQ i came across this...

Q.Does it support a Dancing Mat? (2002-05-08)

A. Dancing mats will work but it won't be possible to do jumps involving left/right or up/down, due to the limitations in USB.

then i read this...

Q. Is it possible to connect 2 DDR pads to the device and both pads work correctly, allowing doubles such as left/right combo's and up/down combo's? (2003-02-23)

A. You can connect 2 DDR pads This adapter supports DDR mats in the configuration. It maps the ddr arrows to buttons instead of axis like other adapters.

and this...

Q. I saw in another site that with this converter, all the buttons are mapped...thus making it DDR pad friendly (able to use left-right and up-down at same time). Is this true? (2002-09-05)

A.Yes. The buttons are mapped correctly and will work fine with DDR.

And my question is...Does this adaptor work fine or do u recommend a better one(i only need a simply one and prefferably not expensive)

And finally what good quality dance pad do u recommend using.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
asdfqweruiop
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ems Usb2 Reply with quote

beny_boy wrote:
And my question is...Does this adaptor work fine or do u recommend a better one(i only need a simply one and prefferably not expensive)

yep, its worked absolutely fabulous with me all across the board. i definately recommend it

beny_boy wrote:
And finally what good quality dance pad do u recommend using.

i would recommend a homemade dancepad, a cobalt flux or the redoctane (which i haven't tried but i have heard its good, i dunno if its out yet tho)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Haon
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMS USB2 is the best. I got mine from www.levelsix.com

Cleared Catas:
Matsuri Japan, Can't Stop Falling in Love (Speedy Mix), Dead End, Tsugaru, Rythem & Police, Xenon, Break Down!, Twilight Zone, Cartoon Heroes (Speedy Mix) and SAKURA!!!!! (Bag too!!!!! But on x3 hehe)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quazar
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042919738&category=3677&sspagename=rvi:1:2

^ While we're on the subject, would THAT one work with my Konami pad and DWI?

Quazar
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone provide me a link to the XP drivers i think i need to get this to work? when i plug it in, it doesnt recognize right and i dont have a floppy on my PC.

thanks
radeon
[Team Zoomass] shackel9
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ditto
Silly Puppy
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time where I have problem with my PC recognizing the EMS adapter, it's because the PC/Game switch needs to be flipped. If you plug in the adapter and it doesn't work, try unplugging it, flipping the switch, and plugging it back in. Usually works for me...
radeon
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Puppy wrote:
Most of the time where I have problem with my PC recognizing the EMS adapter, it's because the PC/Game switch needs to be flipped. If you plug in the adapter and it doesn't work, try unplugging it, flipping the switch, and plugging it back in. Usually works for me...

didnt work for me
AmazingKenchan
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Works fine Reply with quote

I just got my EMS Converter yesterday an I couldn't be happier ^^ It works for all 3 sets of my pads; the cruddy store-bought, the red-octanes and the metal arcade ones.
~Kenchan

"I don't care if I'm smart, just that i'm soft and cute!"

~Dejiko-chan
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[Team Zoomass] shackel9
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine won't work on my xp system...it installs, but it won't read the input from the pad
AmazingKenchan
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: XP Works for me Reply with quote

Mine works just fine on XP. It might just be that I have a faster computer, but I can play 2-player full res off it with no problems.

~Kenchan

"I don't care if I'm smart, just that i'm soft and cute!"

~Dejiko-chan
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrandonMills
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Grrrrr Reply with quote

I have the EXACT same error with my EMS2. I plug it in, and it detects and everything, and normal PS controllers work, but my pad just freaks out. This was supposedly the 'fixed' version from LevelSix.com. Not so fixed if you ask me.

My pads are Redoctane Ignition 2.0s. Anyone else having this problem? I know I didn't just blow my money for a non-functional EMS2 when I waited to make SURE it would work with my dancepad.
View users profile Send private message
BrandonMills
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Wtf! Reply with quote

Ok, this is odd. 2 Redoctane pads. One will work with the adapter, the other one just screws up the adapter everytime I plug it in.

WTF? they're both the same model Ignition 2.0 pad.
Andreq
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazar wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042919738&category=3677&sspagename=rvi:1:2

^ While we're on the subject, would THAT one work with my Konami pad and DWI?

Quazar

No that adaptor map arrow to axis so double arrow arnt working
Mr. Gnome
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Trying to scramble out of this world that is rapidly spiraling down the tubes.
14. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am new on the forums here, and bla bla bla. My question is, will the Ems USB2 adapter work for stepmania as well as dwi, using two pads simultaneously?

Also, I noticed on levelsix.com they only had the EMS USB adapter, not EMS USB2. Is there any big difference between the two?
Free-Way
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is working fine with SM...
also using 2 pads simultaneously ... no problems.
Mr. Gnome
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Trying to scramble out of this world that is rapidly spiraling down the tubes.
16. PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks thumb.gif
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Grrrrr Reply with quote

BrandonMills wrote:
I have the EXACT same error with my EMS2. I plug it in, and it detects and everything, and normal PS controllers work, but my pad just freaks out. This was supposedly the 'fixed' version from LevelSix.com. Not so fixed if you ask me.

My pads are Redoctane Ignition 2.0s. Anyone else having this problem? I know I didn't just blow my money for a non-functional EMS2 when I waited to make SURE it would work with my dancepad.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. It could be the amount of power needed to supply the pad? I dunno...mine can work for like 10 mins, then it cuts out..
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: