Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Missing jumps adds to your combo?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedChrono
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Missing jumps adds to your combo? Reply with quote

I noticed this bug in StepManiaCVS (the latest build). I've been trying to combo out MaxxU for a looong time. Anyway, I started noticing that I can't seem to do the turning jump part very well in MaxXU. (where it goes vertical jump, downlefyt jump, vertical jump, downright jump). I missed one of the vertical jumps... I could have sworn... but my combo kept goin. At the results screen.. I had 2 goods, no boos ro misses. I had a full combo up until the very end fo the song.

So I kepot trying to fc this... and after awhile i KNEW for a FACT that I wasn't hitting the vertical jumps. I could even see the jump go off the top of the screen, yet my combo kept going up, and Stepmania didnt even record it as a miss on the results screen. Later, I was doing
Cartoon Heroes, and the exact same thig ahp[enned witha vertical jumparound 2/3 through the song.

Has anyone else noticed this? Note: Its' NOT on autoplay at any point during the song.
Vash_Hiroshi
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed it too when I play Sync on heavy mode. I was trying to full combo and I missed a couple of freezes myself as a result I got the AA that I wanted but my dance meter said I missed the freezes. I think that its a bug in the stepmania file that just doesn't read the freezes all to well when you miss them. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Frankly I consider it a big help so I know where my problems are when i go to the arcade and play.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awfully strange considering the older beta versions don't have that problem. At least I don't think they do.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest to this problem, but I've only noticed it on regular jumps -- I haven't looked at freezes. In 3.9 alpha 3, in certain situations I can miss jumps completely and not have my combo broken. This thread is the first evidence I've seen of it besides my own SM... I thought it was just me.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: