Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ever wanted to be a DJ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Ever wanted to be a DJ? Reply with quote

Have you ever listened to the radio and thought to yourself, "Hey, I can do that!" Here's your big chance! We are now accepting applications for a chance to produce your very own "DJ set" for DDR Freak Radio. If you've got the creative knack for picking and mixing songs or the comedic clout to banter up a storm, we want you! Chosen applicants will be given a chance to audition by submitting a mix at a later date. Top judged submissions will be put into rotation on DDR Freak Radio! PM IguanaGrrl with your qualifications and a general idea of what you would do on your show to apply.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. I wish I wasn't so poor, then maby I could get some tables frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj xybur.... its got a nice ring to it, and you can dance to it.

Doctor Dolph's response to what IIDX is...

"the sh*t with the keys right"
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOKI
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh... been there, done that...
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they want an original song mix or jus a bunch of Bemani songs trasitions together?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
MokonA
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my uncle is a D.J. So I know a few tricks. It just sucks that I i'm not in St.Augustine right now, otherwise i'd pm iguanagirl.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it matter where you live to be a dj? its online radio so im guessing not, but wanna be sure.
and what do you want, just a set list of songs we'd play?
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just post more information here to give everyone a little better idea what I'm looking for, since I've received several emails of people who didn't seem to know what I was looking for.

My dream for DDR Freak Radio is to have a large variety of content, while still remaining in one genre of music (bemani). I want a little bit of everything here.

I'm looking for people who are good at mixing and can handle doing an hour long nonstop megamix of their own.

I'm looking for people who are good with introducing songs and help to make the music more interesting through witty banter.

I'm looking for unique programing concepts.

Obviously, since this is an online radio station dedicated to bemani, I'm looking for people to submit their bemani related work electronically (during the interview process) - whether it be a talk show, a radio-style DJ set, or mixing and such.

I'd like to open up DDR Freak radio a bit more and bring in you, the users of the site, to help me make it an even better station. E1.gif I know we have a ton of talented people out there and I'd love to be able to showcase that talent to a worldwide audience!
-----------------------

Now on the applications - I'm looking for any experience you have with your section of expertise (whether that be doing a talk show, a DJ set, mixing, whatever) and then what you will bring to DDR Freak radio. Try to give me a general idea what you would do with your time on DDR Freak radio.

Also, keep in mind that this might be a one time (non-paying E10.gif) gig or, if you do really well, possibly a regular (non-paying) gig.

I hope that helps y'all a bit. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask in the thread. You never know if someone else might have the same question. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kills this for me is that I would have to 1. break into the music and actually talk (I don't mind talking on the air but for this kind of music its lame) and 2. use bemani almost exclusively (or so it seems)

I am a trance/house DJ, I have the best vinyl collection of any working DJ I know, including the classics (Urban Train, Binary Finary, etc), today's UK hits, and some uber-rare vinyl and white labels. I don't like to break into my sets and talk, and I don't like to play bemani (for the most part, although I do have a 3 pack of Drifting Away remixes, the So Deep vinyl, and the original Dutch Force - Deadline on vinyl)

frown.gif

Maybe next time.
~Reign~
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medieval wrote:
I do have a 3 pack of Drifting Away remixes, the So Deep vinyl, and the original Dutch Force - Deadline on vinyl)

Um...Just out of curiosity, you willing to sell those? If not, could you PM me where you got those?
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for some bemani vinyl (mostly happy hardcore stuff like waka laka, cartoon heroes, etc.) and it is a total pain to find...would using songs by bemani ARTISTS work? (ie. jenny rom has way more songs then just what i've seen in ddr...) Btw, I think this is a great idea too...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have tables that emulate vinyl very well..vinyl is not necessary anymore.
Staff Member
Staff Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to use other songs from bemani artists outside of the bemani realm, I think that would be ok.

Just please try to keep it as pg-13 as possible - Let's avoid the super risque Captain Jack stuff, ok? E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh IguanaGrrl Please Not So Quick
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f3lixx wrote:
They have tables that emulate vinyl very well..vinyl is not necessary anymore.

How DARE you say vinyl is not necessary anymore!? frust.gif
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not necessary, but suffcient.

Note: why is it spelled suffcient...and not suffceint? Isn't I before E except after C?
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to start having DJ's? There's already a Bemani internet radio station on LIVE365 that has DJ's and talk shows. Are you just copying them? How lame. I'm especially not listening if you're gonna DJ or have your own talk show, Iganagrrl.
View users profile Send private message
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chewonmynipple wrote:
Why would you want to start having DJ's? There's already a Bemani internet radio station on LIVE365 that has DJ's and talk shows. Are you just copying them? How lame. I'm especially not listening if you're gonna DJ or have your own talk show, Iganagrrl.

Why would you want to start having a radio station in the first place? There is already a top 40 radio station in your listsening area that has DJ's and talk shows. Are you just copying them? How Lame. I'm especially not...blah blah.

Get my point? What's wrong with having a little comp? And just because something is the first, doesn't mean it's the best nor does it mean it's any good in the first place. Competition is what makes everybody grow to be better than they were before.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:

Get my point? What's wrong with having a little comp? And just because something is the first, doesn't mean it's the best nor does it mean it's any good in the first place. Competition is what makes everybody grow to be better than they were before.

Sounds like Pump It Up vs. DDR....

19. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man... wish I could.... best I can do is to make a nonstop remix of bemani and non-bemani using computer software... nothing more but basic DJing, and still horrible at it... no tables to practice on either... but if everybody else turns down, I'm there... (BTW, where does dis apply 2? i live in SD, CA...)

DDR Stats: Who Cares?

Fav. Trance:
Lange feat. The Morrighan - Follow Me (DJ Jam X and De Leon's Dumonde Remix), Lange feat. Skye - Drifting Away, Silvertear - So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix), Tukan - Light A Rainbow, Safri Duo Meets Ayla - Sunrise, Ayla - Angelfalls
Safri Duo - Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song), Binary Finary - 2000....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: