Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dancing Stage Fever Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Stupid Barber
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i find quite astounding from a European point of view is the interest that Dancing Stage: Fever has aroused. This comes mainly from a lifetime of importing DDR games into the UK... and always being shortchanged when it comes to songlists.

Dancing Stage: EuroMIX - 30 ish songs (came in after DDR 3rd mix)
Dancing Stage: EuroMIX 2 - 68 Songs (a huge letdown considering this mix was brought out after DDR MAX2 arcade version).

Dancing Stage: EuroMIX CS - Basicly the same as the arcade version minus a few songs.
Dancing Stage: Party Edition CS- 51 songs... Konamix minus 2 songs
Dancing Stage: Megamix CS - 28 songs (7 liscenced Tracks, 21 Konami Originals. Aimed at younger players and publicising Dancing Stage)
Dancing Stage: Fever CS - 25 songs (most likely going to be the full songlist)

And there you have it... thats our entire European DDR releases. Not very much? Which is why the sudden interest in importing the game is very much a surprise to us.

Coming up soon:
Dancing Stage: EuroMIX 3 - Set for a release in the first quarter of 2004, nobody has even the rumours of a songlist yet. But everyone is being very hopeful that DSEM 3 mimics DDREX as much as possible.
Dancing Stage: ????? CS - Rumours have been flying about the name of this game, but nothing concrete yet. However, over at DDRUK we were given the chance to submit our own songlist for the game. We were very surprised when Konami actually replied in the forums thanking us for our submission!!

Does the future of European releases look bright? We'll have to wait and see E13.gif

EDIT: the link in my sig is actually a DWI i made before the DS:Fever songlist was announced... and by some stroke of luck it appeared in the line up! Please download this DWI and post any comments here or on the BMS forums, i would appreciate it E1.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the sudden interest in the game has come from the intriguing licensed songs that have been announced. Some of it just seems so perfect.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the sudden interest in the game has come from the intriguing licensed songs that have been announced. Some of it just seems so perfect.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelisevil wrote:
What i find quite astounding from a European point of view is the interest that Dancing Stage: Fever has aroused. This comes mainly from a lifetime of importing DDR games into the UK... and always being shortchanged when it comes to songlists.

Dancing Stage: EuroMIX - 30 ish songs (came in after DDR 3rd mix)
Dancing Stage: EuroMIX 2 - 68 Songs (a huge letdown considering this mix was brought out after DDR MAX2 arcade version).

Dancing Stage: EuroMIX CS - Basicly the same as the arcade version minus a few songs.
Dancing Stage: Party Edition CS- 51 songs... Konamix minus 2 songs
Dancing Stage: Megamix CS - 28 songs (7 liscenced Tracks, 21 Konami Originals. Aimed at younger players and publicising Dancing Stage)
Dancing Stage: Fever CS - 25 songs (most likely going to be the full songlist)

And there you have it... thats our entire European DDR releases. Not very much? Which is why the sudden interest in importing the game is very much a surprise to us.

Didn't they also have just "Dancing Stage", which from what I heard just US "DDR Arcade 1st Mix" with 2 or 3 more songs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware, Dancing Stage: Euromix was the first UK exclusive DDR machine, and with Euromix 2 they make up the entire UK arcade series.

As for the licenced songs, remember, the only chance we get to play the majority of the Konami originals in on the occasional import machine. I mean, we have....7 Extreme machines over here...for the whole of Great Britain!

So, when you ask us what would we like, the hardcore DDR songs or some old covers, we would go for the DDR songs every time.

If you had DS: Fever out, then release Max 2 on PAL, Max 2 would be far more popular with us, but the DS: Fever would sell more as it is aimed for the more casual dancer / Beginner.

Bah... frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Xeon Transponder
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

ace of base and the spice girls, how come we never get good songs like that in our mixes?
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they ever put good song in the American Mixes or Euro Mixes?
It's always the worst songs of pop! I mean, Spice girls? goog.gif Come on, they not even together anymore. They should put at least some asian songs that are good, not some overated pop songs.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Mister Saturn wrote:
ace of base and the spice girls, how come we never get good songs like that in our mixes?

When MAXUSA came out, the resounding cries from DDR players was "WHERE ARE SO DEEP AND GHOSTS?!?!?!"

So Deep and Ghosts are on MAX2USA.

So if you want Ace Of Base and the Spice Girls, make some noise. E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Monster wrote:
As far as I'm aware, Dancing Stage: Euromix was the first UK exclusive DDR machine, and with Euromix 2 they make up the entire UK arcade series.
We got Dancing Stage and then Dancing Stage 1.5 too. EM was the 3rd in the series for Europe.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

Wait a second....Spice girls???? I thought they vanished off the face of the planet.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jinba
Basic Member
Basic Member

Location: College town of Boston...err Cambridge...originally from El Paso TX
30. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP!

I'm actually jealous!

...!

I can't take it!

Come on Eileen? YEAH!

...those better be on MAX2...or heads are gonna roll...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HM
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimba...Come On Eileen is a DS: Fever exclusive!

But...id gladly swap you for Be Lovin'!! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DJ Sakura Evolution
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh it's not that bad as I would've thought. I still would refuse to buy DDR Home mixes though cause it's not even close to the actual mix of the arcades. Big turn off!! But I wouldn't mind borrowing it, heh DDR European Mix 2. E15.gif

DDR Scores and crappy PA
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rage*
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah well at least you get proper dancemania songs on your home versions.
we dont even get the uk-exclusives off euromix 2 on home versions. and they mostly suck anyway!

if i was KoE i'd rerelease the two games in one combined edition in time for christmas, making it over 50 songs and a decent release.

they did it with GTA...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: