Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashxyzz
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni[ProjectH], if you had to listen to Ricky Martin and Britney Spears music 24/7 over a course of 3 years, you would understand why. They both have the music booming out of whatever devices their using. My parents tell me to deal with it and I get yelled at everytime when I try to turn up my music and to hear what I'm listening too and headphones don't work. If it wasn't for them, I probably like it a lot better.

I think since beatmania IIDX and ddr seem to like transfering songs to and from, ex. era, holic, max300, paranoia max, d2r, stoic, .59, leading cyber, dynamite rave, last message..., why don't they take more songs from beatmania series of games and bring them to ddr. I woulnd't mind seeing songs like:
night of fire
new york city boys
reincarnation
abyss (the heaven mix)
heartbeat
remember me
take on me
final countdown
I haven't heard a lot of songs from that series cause there's none in my area and i've been trying to get their soundtracks when i get the money, but i bet they are just as good.
View users profile Send private message
soulshadow_sakura
Basic Member
Basic Member

121. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frust.gif you know what im pissed about im pissed about only having like 65 songs a freaking ddr game i need more varity riiight.gif sorry i got carried away but seriously they need to put in songs from extreme and 5th mix like foe ex. escape and sakura and stuff like a new mode called full song mode where they put the full song not just a short clip for the game that would be awesome except for the fact that the full version of so deep is like 5 min long that would be deadly and they need to put Lupin the 3rd ready made mix E13.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hsan
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Opinion usmax2 list Reply with quote

The starting song list is awsome... I don't think theres anything wrong with this mix so far... I just got a feeling that were all expecting a Max and it won't show but I wouldn't bet that thought. IF these are just the starting songs with a few more added... I would be happy to just see a possible unlock screen and actually mentioning the unlockable songs... so I would know if actually playing to get the last song is really worth it.
Well if KOJ doesn't release another arcade mix... and like max usa 1 had a totally remixed version of song not heard till extreme... what kind of song will they put in for the last unlock? (off topic bit) I hope something worth actually waiting for.
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Nitro wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Why are (most) you of people complianing?

So Deep alone is good enough, but throw in Ghosts, LTR', The Whistle Song, Drifting Away, Conga Feeling and Let's Groove and you have a drool-worthy list IMO.

So deep is good, ghosts is mediocre, I don't like LTR, whistle song is tolerable, I hate drifting away, conga feeling, and groove.

This is not good reason for me to shell out $50. I do not want a cd full of suckiness

So you like Trance. Go play some IIDX and quit complaining about DDR.

OMG TEH EYE EYE DEE ECKS! E10.gif
wraith985
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh...sorry to burst your bubble, but there's just no way that you're gonna get 200 songs in a home ddr game, because that would destroy any incentive to buy any other ddr games for the console; essentially, it'd be series suicide for KoA. be glad we're getting 65+ - the japanese don't have it nearly as good.

long versions would be nice, as would lupin the 3rd; unfortunately i doubt either of those will make it. i'd love to play hot limit at home though biggrin.gif

we drink ritalin...ok sorry, i'm done.

now, on topic: i like the songlist. the repeats are a little bit of a problem but not nearly as big a deal as some of you are making it out to be; i mean, okay, just don't play them; we're still getting all these US exclusives and all this good stuff from max1 and max2; ghosts and so deep are my personal favorites E10.gif. Even if there are only 40 or so new songs to the US market (and i bet there will be more), that's about right - isn't that how many songs the japanese get, give or take a handful? and they get a straight arcade port; we get all these extra goodies.

i think KoA did a great job on this songlist; can't wait to see what the other 20+ songs are.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DreamerJM
Basic Member
Basic Member

125. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Even if there are only 40 or so new songs to the US market (and i bet there will be more), that's about right - isn't that how many songs the japanese get, give or take a handful?"

The difference is, like I said before, Japan can get their repeats from 3, 4 year old mixes. We are getting a number repeats from Max 1, the last version we got barely a year ago, and that's just dumb. Konami has this huge library of songs that have never seen the light of day in the US, except maybe in import arcade machines, yet they choose instead to give use a large number of repeats from games anyone could easily go to the store, slap down $20 or $30, and buy. It makes no sense.
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmclargehuge wrote:
but where's the love for Get Down Tonight? Thats frickin awesome!

The first time I found out KC & the Sunshine Band being in this mix, I though it would be either "That's the Way (I Like It)" or "Shake Your Booty". But instead, its something new to DDR, and possibly for a future JP mix.

And the previous two KC & the Sunshine Band songs were not in any US mix, I think.
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E1.gif Konami of America, Inc., a subsidiary of Konami Corporation (NYSE: KNM), today revealed the main song list for DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution™ (DDRMAX2). Featuring over 65 songs (including more than 25 hidden songs) ranging from pop, R&B, techno, house, trance and more, DDRMAX2 gets players up on the dance floor with an impressive roster of licensed songs exclusive to the U.S. version of the game including tracks by The Crystal Method, Dirty Vegas, Jocelyn Enriquez, K.C. & The Sunshine Band, Kylie Minogue, and more. Introducing a new graphical interface showcasing actual music videos from some of today’s hottest artists, DDRMAX2 will have gamers groovin’ to their favorite music videos while they dance the night away.

I own DDR Konamix and DDRMax, so I know this will be the best DDR Game ever released in the US so far.

DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution™ Partial Song List (Not including Hidden Songs)
* Songs appearing with this symbol contain music videos

SONG TITLE - ARTIST
A Little Bit Of Ecstasy - Jocelyn Enriquez
AM-3P - KTz
BREAK DOWN! - Be For U
Busy Child - The Crystal Method
CELEBRATE NITE - N.M.R
CONGA FEELING* - VIVIAN
D2R - NAOKI
Days Go By* - Dirty Vegas
DESTINY - NAOKI feat. PAULA TERRY
Do It Right - SOTA feat. Ebony Fay
DREAM A DREAM* - CAPTAIN JACK
DRIFTING AWAY - LANGE feat. SKYE
Get Down Tonight - K.C. & The Sunshine Band
GHOSTS (VINCENT DE MOOR REMIX) - TENTH PLANET
Groove - Sho-T feat. Brenda
Heaven - DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring DO
HYSTERIA - NAOKI 190
i feel… - AKIRA YAMAOKA
I Was The One - good-cool
IN THE NAVY '99 (XXL Disaster Remix)* - CAPTAIN JACK
Jam & Marmalade - Final Offset
Keep On Liftin' - dj nagureo
Kind Lady - OKUYATOS
LET'S GROOVE - TIPS & TRICKS VS WISDOME
LONG TRAIN RUNNIN' - BUS STOP
Love At First Sight* - Kylie Minogue
LOVIN' YOU (ROB SEARLE CLUB MIX) - VINYL BABY
rain of sorrow - NM feat. Ebony Fay
Secret Rendezvous - DIVAS
Silent Hill - THOMAS HOWARD
SO DEEP (PERFECT SPHERE REMIX) - SILVERTEAR
Spin the disc - good-cool
STILL IN MY HEART - NAOKI
SUPER STAR - D.J.RICH feat. TailBros.
Take Me Away (into the night) (radio vocal)* - 4 STRINGS
THE SHINING POLARIS - L.E.D. feat. Sana
THE WHISTLE SONG (Blow My Whistle Baby)* - DJ ALIGATOR PROJECT
TSUGARU - RevenG vs DE-SIRE
TWILIGHT ZONE (R-C Extended Club MIX) - 2 UNLIMITED
Will I? - Ian Van Dahl

source: http://www.ddrspot.com/viewArticle.asp?article=21

[/quote]

ITG><DDR><PIU

Last edited by ddartistic on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
ddartistic
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really happy about the list so far, I am going to buy the game when it first comes out because I know it is going to be an awesome(and longer lasting game, not like DDRMax)game that all DDR'ers are going to buy.

The songs I have never played before that I want to be on DDRMax 2 are Paranoia, Paranoia Survivor, Maxx Unlimited, Candy(Vocal Version), Kakumei, and Sakura.

I won't complain because I like all dancing games no matter what!

--Imhavinghealingvisions

ITG><DDR><PIU

Last edited by ddartistic on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one has caught onto something VERY obvious in MAX2's USA songlist, it has "Drifting Away" a song which was NOT included in the home version of MAX2 for Japan. So, before ya'll go complaining the songlist realized WE got a MAX2 licensed song that Japan didn't.
Also, I don't know about you though but for ANY home DDR version I'd froth at the mouth for "Petit Love" but fat chance of that happening. We obviously need to send fan letter's BEGGING them or their record company to allow Konami to pay them for licensing them over here.
Btw, does anyone have a site where I can find out what DDR songs are owned by who in the U.S. as well as Europe?
Oh and for the people complaining about the old songs on here I don't know about you but I WANTED a home version of "Super Star" and "Dream a Dream" in 60 FPS so I'm not complaining.
Just a last question for everyone out there: Is X-Treme like REALLY expensive for licensing here or what or is it just their remix of the "Minute" song? If it is I'd suggest just bringing "Dancing" as a U.S. exclusive to Extreme or bring it regardless. Sorry but that song is MADE for DDR, musicwise and length even.
Anyway, I go on so peace

Life

p.s. If anyone has any new info about Ultramix, specially the licensed stuff hook me up please.
Kaleigh
Trick Member
Trick Member

130. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Drifting Away was in Max2 JP.
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, people, stop complaining. if you don't like the mix then DONT BUY IT.

It's better off than having you actually buy it then constantly complain that it "Doesn't have enough variety" despite the fact that the mix is probably the most diverse US Mix yet.

And the people who say "they need songs from Extreme" make me laugh.
I AM ERROR
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after weaving through 7 pages of "where's '____' song? it's not on the default songlist! it's teh suck"... peoples.gif

you people don't seem to realize that while konami has a vast Konami Original song library on their hands (like the KO's for 8th mix)...for licensed songs...they have to pay record companies and/or artists to use the song...that's how we're fortunate enough to get "days go by" and "love at first sight"...hell i was surprised when r&p was an unlockable song when i got maxusa...think about some of the KO songs that ended up in maxusa before 8th mix was released...

if...and if they were to get alot of the licensed songs that most people are requesting in the previous 7 pages...we would end up spending alot more than 40 bucks...

you people should be lucky that KOA decided to cater to both experienced players and people who could be interested in trying out the game for the first time...that's what worked with maxusa and they're improving on the formula for maxusa2...hell...i'll be glad to shell out 40 bucks for this game...

like bisaopao said..."if you don't like the mix then don't buy it"
Basic Member
Basic Member

133. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: a beefy two cents Reply with quote

I'm a longtime visitor and first-time poster to DDR Freak -- I felt compelled to write after seeing all the complaints about the upcoming release.

When I first saw the MAX2 list, I was v. impressed by the number of licensed songs on it. By my count, there are 19 licensed songs on this list:

A Little Bit of Ecstasy - Jocelyn Enriquez
Conga Feeling - Vivian
Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
Dream a Dream - Captain Jack
Drifting Away - Lange feat. Skye
Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) - Tenth Planet
In the Navy '99 (XXL Disaster Remix) - Captain Jack
Let's Groove - Tips & Tricks Vs Wisdome
Long Train Runnin' - Bus Stop
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Lovin' You (Rob Searle Club Mix) - Vinyl Baby
So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) - Silvertear
Take Me Away (Into the Night) (radio vocal) - 4 Strings
The Whistle Song (Blow My Whistle Baby) - DJ Aligator Project
Twilight Zone (R-C Extended Club MIX) - 2 Unlimited
Will I? - Ian Van Dahl

That's more than twice the nine (again by my count) in DDRMAX for PS2 and seven in DDR for PSX (and zero for Konamix), which is saying something for Konami. They're showing a commitment towards getting more songs for the U.S. audience. (An aside: For most DDR licensed artists, though, I wonder why their labels wouldn't push to get their songs on a U.S. release; it's not as if any are household names here, and wouldn't a little American exposure be a good thing? But perhaps all the songs go through Toshiba-EMI, who probably could care less about what Dancemania songs Americans want.)

Personally, I am thrilled they have included seemingly all of the Trance Fantasia songs from MAX and MAX2 (including the MAX-only Ghosts -- I've never seen a DDRMAX machine in the U.S., so I've only seen this song on DWI), and Let's Groove, Twilight Zone and Long Train Runnin' to boot. That's not even mentioning any of the U.S.-only releases, which I suspect will not have very difficult steps, but that's what Edit Mode is for. The first time I heard "Love At First Sight," I thought it could be a fun DDR song -- and now it actually is.

As for U.S. release repeats of Konami originals, yes, there does seem to be a few more from than probably necessary. At least some -- AM-3P, Celebrate Nite, Super Star, Hysteria, Silent Hill -- could be there for Oni Remix purposes, though. Since Konami has tried to release most of its originals to the U.S., I expect to see Kakumei, Burning Heat and Maxx Unlimited, as well as hopefully a song or two from DDR Extreme. (I also expect to see more repeats, unfortunately.)

Not everyone has the same taste in music, DDR or otherwise. It seems to me Konami has tried to please a lot of people by getting a lot of licensed songs. In the end, I think I'll repeat what a lot of other people have said: If you don't like the songlist, don't buy the game. If you really want every song from Japan, invest in imports.

Finally, at the risk of making a long post longer, I will put up a personal wish list: Only You, Captain Jack, Trance de Janeiro, Maximum Overdrive, Waka Laka, Witch Doctor, Movin' On, or any Bambee song (except maybe Bumble Bee). But I suspect we'll be lucky to get any more licensed songs in addition to those already listed.

Ciao!
mexpsychic

134. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! I lub dis list!!!! So Deep, Dream A Dream, Heaven, Ghosts, Drifting Away, Twilight Zone... YESH! I think KoA is doind a good job on dis! 4 dis 2 b da perfect mix, we need Sandstorm back, but we need new steps, and we need Dark Black Forest as well... (w/ new steps too) Butterfly and Dam Dariram would make an excellent addition... Moonlight Shadow, Sakura, V, A, Follow The Sun, Absolute, and Shooting Star would seriously finish dis list... E13.gif

BTW: Don't you guys think we need some more Happy Hardcore and Trance in DDR? Not 2 say nething bad about other styles, but I think we do... E15.gif
Bookbagninja
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. I was quite pleased with the list actually. I like all the songs I saw in there as well as the exclusives. Just hope the steps for Busy Child is going to be sweet. Don't really care too much for Days Go By, but, whateva. I'm happy. Way to go Konami!

=W= Forever

Enjoy Incubus.
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

136. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very impressed with the songlist myself. I know a bunch of people were wondering where Ghosts went after MAX, and the inclusion of some of some Captain Jack and So Deep. Plus, the Whistle Song kinda surprised me, I know it's not the best, but I didn't think KoA would have the guts include it on a US mix. Unless they did what they did with After the Game of Love on Konamix and edit out all the vocals, which would stink.

I'm looking forward to it.
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: a beefy two cents Reply with quote

kcchia80 wrote:
I'm a longtime visitor and first-time poster to DDR Freak -- I felt compelled to write after seeing all the complaints about the upcoming release.

When I first saw the MAX2 list, I was v. impressed by the number of licensed songs on it. By my count, there are 19 licensed songs on this list:

A Little Bit of Ecstasy - Jocelyn Enriquez
Conga Feeling - Vivian
Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
Dream a Dream - Captain Jack
Drifting Away - Lange feat. Skye
Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) - Tenth Planet
In the Navy '99 (XXL Disaster Remix) - Captain Jack
Let's Groove - Tips & Tricks Vs Wisdome
Long Train Runnin' - Bus Stop
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Lovin' You (Rob Searle Club Mix) - Vinyl Baby
So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) - Silvertear
Take Me Away (Into the Night) (radio vocal) - 4 Strings
The Whistle Song (Blow My Whistle Baby) - DJ Aligator Project
Twilight Zone (R-C Extended Club MIX) - 2 Unlimited
Will I? - Ian Van Dahl

That's more than twice the nine (again by my count) in DDRMAX for PS2 and seven in DDR for PSX (and zero for Konamix), which is saying something for Konami. They're showing a commitment towards getting more songs for the U.S. audience. (An aside: For most DDR licensed artists, though, I wonder why their labels wouldn't push to get their songs on a U.S. release; it's not as if any are household names here, and wouldn't a little American exposure be a good thing? But perhaps all the songs go through Toshiba-EMI, who probably could care less about what Dancemania songs Americans want.)

Personally, I am thrilled they have included seemingly all of the Trance Fantasia songs from MAX and MAX2 (including the MAX-only Ghosts -- I've never seen a DDRMAX machine in the U.S., so I've only seen this song on DWI), and Let's Groove, Twilight Zone and Long Train Runnin' to boot. That's not even mentioning any of the U.S.-only releases, which I suspect will not have very difficult steps, but that's what Edit Mode is for. The first time I heard "Love At First Sight," I thought it could be a fun DDR song -- and now it actually is.

As for U.S. release repeats of Konami originals, yes, there does seem to be a few more from than probably necessary. At least some -- AM-3P, Celebrate Nite, Super Star, Hysteria, Silent Hill -- could be there for Oni Remix purposes, though. Since Konami has tried to release most of its originals to the U.S., I expect to see Kakumei, Burning Heat and Maxx Unlimited, as well as hopefully a song or two from DDR Extreme. (I also expect to see more repeats, unfortunately.)

Not everyone has the same taste in music, DDR or otherwise. It seems to me Konami has tried to please a lot of people by getting a lot of licensed songs. In the end, I think I'll repeat what a lot of other people have said: If you don't like the songlist, don't buy the game. If you really want every song from Japan, invest in imports.

Finally, at the risk of making a long post longer, I will put up a personal wish list: Only You, Captain Jack, Trance de Janeiro, Maximum Overdrive, Waka Laka, Witch Doctor, Movin' On, or any Bambee song (except maybe Bumble Bee). But I suspect we'll be lucky to get any more licensed songs in addition to those already listed.

Ciao!

First to respond to Alex. I checked R&P on the home version of MAX here and the crude lyrics are still there so be surprised if they cover up any of the words.
Ok, now as for the songlist kcchia80 just listed LOOK at the size truly. That's around arcade addition size or more for some. All the new MAX2 song's totaled up like 18 to my knowledge and so this # is nothing to sneeze at.
Also I wanted to ask a quick question, no John Desire anyone?
dancemaniadk78
Basic Member
Basic Member

138. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Busy Child and Heaven are good songs for any DDR game, the only thing i hope in DDRMAX2USA is for

Brilliant 2 U (K.O.G. G3 Mix), True... (Trance Sunrise Mix),
Sweet Sweet Love Magic, B4U (B4 Za Beat Mix)
Dynamite Rave (B4 Za Beat Mix), Drop Out (Non-Stop Megamix),
Tsugaru (Apple Mix), Above The Clouds by Amber,
Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation, and finally Last Message!! E1.gif

I hope some of these songs get put into the final release of
DDRMAX2 USA, then i will get it when it comes out!! laugh.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mattcortez
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: When is it coming out in canada? Reply with quote

How, I am somewhat suprised that they put alot of techno songs(good) but old songs fom DDR max and older(bad). Meh, if it has "will i" and" Heaven" I 'm happy with that biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: