Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echelon
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very mixed feelings about this list. I'm glad to see songs that weren't on MAXUS that should have been but I'm very disappointed to see so many songs that were in MAXUS. I don't want to see any of them actually. There's no need.
Quote:
I'll be willing to be Nemesis and Ain't It Good are hidden tracks. Mark my words.

THAT, would be the greatest things ever. Nemesis owns.
Quote:
now add Bye bye baby balloon, moonlight shadow...

I agree.

Overall this list sucks, IMO. I like a very small amount of songs on it. Hopefully the game will redeem itself with the hidden tracks. But if they have Waka Laka or Witch Doctor...someone will die.
Quote:
As Oni mode is not confirmed, I would take the idea that all - or even most - of the Oni remixes are on MAX2USA as being most uncertain.

Hopefully that's just a way of throwing us off the trail of guessing what the other songs are riiight.gif

Oh and for those wondering about the compatibility with MAX and KONAMIX:
Quote:
And as an added bonus, gamers will also be able to link DDRMAX2 to previous releases KONAMIX and DDRMAX1.

Source: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/432/432914p1.html?fromint=1
Makou
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul of Ignorance wrote:
...why oh why put the same songs on from those mixes WHILE neglecting the targeted mix?

Why can't you people understand this?

This is not DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix. This is DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution, which for all intents and purposes, is our 6th Mix.

USA 1st = DDR USA
USA 2nd = DDR (PSX)
USA 3rd = DDR Disney Mix
USA 4th = Konamix
USA 5th = MAX

So do us a favor, and please, stop whining about the "lack of MAX2 songs," because this isn't the MAX2 you're thinking of!

In Konamix, Konami went the route of including seven or so songs from from MAX JP -- amazing it itself, since it used the 4th/Extra Mix engine -- and a bunch from the Club versions. The MAX songs were nice, and the Club version songs were a rare treat, since they're previously only available through import on Extra Mix.

In the US version of MAX, they did things a little differently. There were a number of repeats from Konamix, which I didn't think was too big of a deal (Holic, Healing Vision, and Era are always nice additions to a song list). They included more Club songs, a few licenses from the Japanese games, a number of exclusive licensed songs, and new ports from Beatmania.

So for this version, they're doing things differently yet again. In the list of 40 confirmed songs, 26 are new to the US, 19 are licensed songs, and I'm sure there are more new ported songs than just Keep On Lifting.

Some of you still seem to think that they should just directly port the Japanese home version of MAX2 to the US. That's all well and good, and would make some people happy... but I bet those of you complaining now would then turn around and complain about the lack of new or exclusive songs. Also, there's Toshiba-Emi. The Dancemania series is not marketted to the United States, so as far as they're concerned they have no exposure in this country. While it would bring them money, why would they want to farm out their licenses to a region that has no market for them? The fact that we're getting the DM songs that we are, as far as I'm concerned, is a small miracle in itself.

So what's my bottom line, here? Stop asking for the game to be turned into something that it's not. Enjoy what you're getting, because it's still a quality product.

Side note: The link ability with Konamix and MAX are probably the same as the Konamix<->MAX thing itself, which means you can use edit data from those two games on songs that are in MAX2.
moojoe
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And as an added bonus, gamers will also be able to link DDRMAX2 to previous releases KONAMIX and DDRMAX1.

how does that work with Konamix? Konamix needs a non-flash PS mem card, and Max1 and Max2 needs a flash PS mem card. they arnt conpatable, so how does that work?
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moojoe wrote:
how does that work with Konamix? Konamix needs a non-flash PS mem card, and Max1 and Max2 needs a flash PS mem card. they arnt conpatable, so how does that work?

The same way it worked for MAXUSA to Konamix.

Edit data is always stored as a PS1 data file. PS1 data files can be put on PS2 memory cards.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side, the song list didn't turned out like "Dancing Stage: Megamix" had. I mean "Megamix" only had like 25 songs. The list on "MAX 2 US" so far has about 27 new to the US mix songs. And those are just the already been unlocked ones.

I'm still not sure if the Oni remixes will be the hidden songs, since I'm not sure Oni mode will be in this one. Maybe the Oni remixes will just be normal unlocks where you have to get like a certain amount of points to unlock something instead of beating that song on an Oni course. And maybe the Oni remixes will have Light and Standard steps.
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Freckles and Higher -next morning mix- both are going to be on it as well.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) - Tenth Planet
So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) - Silvertear"

IMO those should have been on MAX US, but now i am forced to buy max2 @_@ i need ghosts and so deep. i just hope they dont drop "there youll be"

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: The Default List Reply with quote

It drives me nuts when I hear "Not enough old songs but yet also not enough old songs."

First, when songs like The Shining Polaris or especially Era ( nostalmix ) appear in two or three consecutive DDR games its because those repeated songs are fan favorites. For example, Era is just so good that Konami doesn't want anyone who owns Max but not Konamix to miss it. Etc. Its not like repeats waste disk space either. None of the PS1 games fill a CD and no Bemani game will ever fill a DVD. MAX1 could've easily been 70 songs without Matsuri Japan on the default songlist.

So after doing the math ( 14 repeats ) and guessing that we'll have just over 50 new songs total in this game, who can complain? We already have almost all of the Japanese 4th and 6th mixes now with a just a few more songs from 5th left to go. So its not as if we're missing out on the old arcade songs either.

This list does have a strange shortage of BeForU, Taka, and TaQ but I haven't seen the unlock list yet. Its very odd that both Candy ( vocal ) and Ever Snow aren't in the default list but I'll have to wait and see what happens with them for now. I guess they could end up on Ultramix instead. But even if those artists don't make it onto MAX2 I'm looking fowards to So Deep, Breakdown, The Shining Polaris, Heaven, MaxX Unlimited ( you know its in there ), and the rest so I know I won't be dissapointed.
View users profile Send private message
Tazer
Basic Member
Basic Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unconfirmed, but interesting.

The songs that will have their respective music videos playing in the background are:

Conga Feeling - Vivian
Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
Dream a Dream - Captain Jack
In the Navy '99 (XXL Disaster Remix) - Captain Jack
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Take Me Away (Into the Night) (radio vocal) - 4 Strings
The Whistle Song (Blow My Whistle Baby) - DJ Aligator Project
View users profile Send private message
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm VERY happy with this list. I can only speak for myself, but to me it's no big deal that they leave out so many songs off of jp MAX and MAX2. Thats what I got a mod chip for. It's nice to have all the new and licensed songs (lots of good ones here). I can definately tell it's a "USA mix" too. The song list is so different than what would be in a jp version. If they were to put 2 extreme preview songs in, id hope they are Senorita (speedy mix) and Cartoon Heroes. But I don't think it'll happen. We'll get Paranoia Survivor I'm sure and maybe CRASH, like in the jp version of MAX2. As for the older songs in this mix, I'm happy that they chose a few (Dream a Dream, Conga Feeling) that I never ever get to play. I can't wait to get it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mix looks pretty cool. Phil you can finnaly make that LAFS edit. Not to stir up controversy or anything, but why is it that people complain about old songs being brought back but when a new mix is coming out people always say "I hope they bring back x song"?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
BlackCloud
Basic Member
Basic Member

51. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::screams:: YAY! Great songs. I wanted Kylie Minogue. I wanted Heaven, too. Max2 is gonna be amazing. I hope that Love at First Sight has the music video, it's gonna be GREAT. I LOVE Captain Jack, Dream A Dream and In The Navy are great (possible Captain Jack on DDRextreme US???). I wanted Ghosts in this version, the DDR gods have answered my prayers! I would buy this game and love it to death even just with the songs listed already, i can't wait to see the whole song list. Remember, we're getting DDR extreme at one point, so the songs on there will be here later.
~lonewolf~
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normally when a ddr game comes out (for any system i own a japps2) i buy it the day it comes out. so i have maxus and jap. and max2jap. and i was telling my crew than i might not even buy max2us because i would already own most of the songs on there. and i told them the only way id buy it is if one song was on there. one song ive been dying to play. and its there. its like KoA read my mind. its like jason enos and the rest of konami were spying on my and found out what i wanted. its like they were like "man lone wolf said he wont buy this mix unless this song is there. we NEED him to buy it" and its there. i dont think i have to type it. just look at my sig and youll know.

E1.gif E7.gif riiight.gif E15.gif E13.gif laugh.gif E4.gif nerd.gif biggrin.gif drool.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian van Dahl?! NOOOOOOOOO!

Now i'm gonna have to boycott DDR. =(
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
BelieveU
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see how many new songs are on the list (and by new I mean never on a US mix) but I have to agree with those that said there's too many recycled songs. The other mixes are still out there and quite easy to find, there's no need to keep repeating them, even if they are fan favorites. Another worry I have is that MAXUS was incredibly easy, save for a few songs. I remember seeing other people complain about the difficulty level that game, and I hope it's not an issue in this one either.
ark_keeper
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With more that 65 regular songs and 25 hidden themes available once the game is finished"
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/432/432914p1.html?fromint=1

90 songs?! It's cool that we got 2 captain jack songs, and ghosts, so deep, drifting away, and tsugaru. Plus if they do it right, I think either Heaven or Busy Child will be a cata. I don't see how they can't put Oni mode in, they put so many oni's in JP max 2, so they must think they are a popular feature. Nonstop is cool though.

Last edited by ark_keeper on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
[Phirate]Rice President
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: ughhhhh! Reply with quote

I'm Pretty Angry that in every US mix of DDR they seem to cut out some of the better songs like butterfly. devil.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Ramen King
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: ughhhhh! you Reply with quote

ddrmaxkid wrote:
I'm Pretty Angry that in every US mix of DDR they seem to cut out some of the better songs like butterfly. devil.gif

I hope something heavy falls from the sky and lands on you. Preferably a whale of some sort.

And as usual, people are complaining yet again about the song selection. I think it's a good mix, if not great. I am liking this list very much and will keep my "songs I hope are in this mix also" to myself so I don't look like a fool...
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game does in fact include 90 songs, then for the 65 initial songs, they may be including ONIs and the EXTRA stage songs. The initial song list is 40 songs, there are no doubt going to be 2 extra stages (MaXx Unlimited, Kakumei). There are 19 normal MAX2 ONIs, and 3 new ones were introduced in MAX2JPN (LttS Trance, KL Interlude, DiR80's). Adding those into the initial songlist, you'd get 64 songs. I'm hoping that I am right, cus I don't want the ONI songs taking up the secret songlist.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-23-70-gk9-71-.html

***Looking for BEMANI from play-asia, use this link... I'm an affiliate!***
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Tomo-kun AKA s1
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Makou"]
Soul of Ignorance wrote:

USA 1st = DDR USA
USA 2nd = DDR (PSX)
USA 3rd = DDR Disney Mix
USA 4th = Konamix
USA 5th = MAX
actually the list is (i started p,aying ddr when us1 came out)
USA1st-DDR USA PSX running off of the best hits engein
US2nd- DDR disney running off that disney exclusive engin
USA3rd-Konamix running off of fourth engin
USA 4th- DDR USA for the PC running of of a mod of extra mix
DDR 5- DDRMAX running off of, well max. Really i doubt this is the final list. im expecting over 70 songs. each mix grew. DDRUSA had around 20 songs. Konamix had 50, DDRMAX had over 60. i also do want sobakasu E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: