Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed Reply with quote

GameSpot has lengthy details about the songlist for the upcoming US release of DDRMAX2 for the Playstation 2.

The list, which contains 40 songs out of the more than 65 that will appear on the final game, includes such notable songs as:

Busy Child - The Crystal Method
Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) - Tenth Planet
So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) - Silvertear
Heaven - DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring DO
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Keep on Liftin' - DJ Nagureo

Full details are available in the article. Thanks to DJ Tre$$ for the link.

Last edited by Remy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the complete list from the article, in case people can't realize they should've clicked through:

A Little Bit of Ecstasy - Jocelyn Enriquez
AM-3P - KTz
Break Down! - Be for U
Busy Child - The Crystal Method
Celebrate Nite - N.M.R
Conga Feeling - Vivian
D2R - Naoki
Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
Destiny - Naoki feat. Paula Terry
Do It Right - SOTA feat. Ebony Fay
Dream a Dream - Captain Jack
Drifting Away - Lange feat. Skye
Get Down Tonight - K.C. & The Sunshine Band
Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) - Tenth Planet
Groove - Sho-T feat. Brenda
Heaven - DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring DO
Hysteria - Naoki 190
I Feel... - Akira Yamaoka
I Was the One - good-cool
In the Navy '99 (XXL Disaster Remix) - Captain Jack
Jam & Marmalade - Final Offset
Keep on Liftin' - DJ Nagureo
Kind Lady - Okuyatos
Let's Groove - Tips & Tricks Vs Wisdome
Long Train Runnin' - Bus Stop
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Lovin' You (Rob Searle Club Mix) - Vinyl Baby
Rain of Sorrow - NM feat. Ebony Fay
Secret Rendezvous - Divas
Silent Hill - Thomas Howard
So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) - Silvertear
Spin the disc - good-cool
Still in My Heart - Naoki
Super Star - DJ Rich feat. Tail Bros.
Take Me Away (Into the Night) (radio vocal) - 4 Strings
The Shining Polaris - L.E.D. feat. Sana
The Whistle Song (Blow My Whistle Baby) - DJ Aligator Project
Tsugaru - RevenG vs De-Sire
Twilight Zone (R-C Extended Club MIX) - 2 Unlimited
Will I? - Ian Van Dahl
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading through the partial songlist, I must say I am somewhat dissapointed.
Here's why:
1: Konami is putting waaaaaaaaaaay too many songs which have been on other US mixes. I mean come on, I don't think KoA should put songs which have already been in other previous mixes, that just wastes disc space.
2: Not enough MAX2 songs. I want to see more MAX2 songs on my game! Not old songs! Plus I see a lot of songs from DDR MAX!
3: Too many US exclusives. For some reason I am not a huge fan of US exclusives, though I do admit Days go By looks like it will be interesting.
4: Where is Oni? So far I have heard no confirmation on Oni mode, and it better be there, or else I am boycotting KoA (jk). And if they do have Oni, I want to see some Oni mixes, even if you cant access them from the regular songlist.
5: I know that this is not the complete list but I hope that MaxX Unlimited is on this mix so I can practice it like the mofo at home.

In conclusion, this looks like it may not be as good as its Japanese counterpart. When DDR MAX came out it was much better than its Japanese Predeccesor, but not in this case.
I wish I had a modded PS2. E2.gif
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenonized(Eurofire Remix) wrote:
After reading through the partial songlist, I must say I am somewhat dissapointed.
Here's why:
1: Konami is putting waaaaaaaaaaay too many songs which have been on other US mixes. I mean come on, I don't think KoA should put songs which have already been in other previous mixes, that just wastes disc space.
2: Not enough MAX2 songs. I want to see more MAX2 songs on my game! Not old songs! Plus I see a lot of songs from DDR MAX!
3: Too many US exclusives. For some reason I am not a huge fan of US exclusives, though I do admit Days go By looks like it will be interesting.
4: Where is Oni? So far I have heard no confirmation on Oni mode, and it better be there, or else I am boycotting KoA (jk). And if they do have Oni, I want to see some Oni mixes, even if you cant access them from the regular songlist.
5: I know that this is not the complete list but I hope that MaxX Unlimited is on this mix so I can practice it like the mofo at home.

In conclusion, this looks like it may not be as good as its Japanese counterpart. When DDR MAX came out it was much better than its Japanese Predeccesor, but not in this case.

You're treating the US DDR market like it's the Japaneses market. There's a difference. You don't see the UK DDR crowd complaining about "UK exclusives."

Also, Max 2 looks to be a port of Dancing Stage Euromix (hence the nonstop).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
neko the frog
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenonized(Eurofire Remix) wrote:
Here's why:

This is just a partial songlist, remember. There's still 22 songs after Unlimited and the two requisite Paranoias, and the odd chance that some Extreme songs sneak in. Hopefully Cartoon Heroes will make it as well, as that's one of those Mix-defining songs, possibly along with C-Heart.

And besides, they need some songs left over for the US version of DDR Extreme, right?

Right?

So lonely frown.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TL
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, so deep is on it.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
NJPete68
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the repetition of songs already on Konamix and MAX (US), like Kind Lady, Shining Polaris, Super Star, etc...

I'm not sure why KoA chose to release this particular partial list, but I'm guessing that the other 25 unnamed songs will be from the arcade MAX 2's songlist (such as MaxX), since their artists are more unknown to American audiences who are new to DDR. Hopefully there will be very little overlap with the previous US mixes in these 25 other songs.

my school NEEDS an arcade...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
rambamslam
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to max 300 and maxx unlimited?? i also hears they were gunna put paranoia survivor on there but i doubt it.....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
fruitaleman
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they want to surprise us, ya know, something like making us feel sorta dissapointed, then suddenly, BAM, they give a whole 20+ DAMN quality songs...haha...

I just hope the exclusives aren't that easy like USMAX.

Nickname: fruitaleman
lvl: 95

do tell me if you play o2jam on the malaysia server biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its too bad the new exlusives will most likely be wattered down 7s and 8s. im really crossing my fingers for 9 and 10 ft exclusives. maybe challenge steps as well.

and as for the "2: Not enough MAX2 songs. I want to see more MAX2 songs on my game! Not old songs! Plus I see a lot of songs from DDR MAX! " comment, people have to realize that THIS GAME IS NOT MAX 2. this is the 5th american-released game that just happens to have the name "Max2". it is totally different. the only similarties between the two are logos and GUI. other than that, they are two completely different, independant games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rambamslam wrote:
what happened to max 300 and maxx unlimited?? i also hears they were gunna put paranoia survivor on there but i doubt it.....

This, from what I can tell, is the song list that is available from the first time you turn on the game.

Extra Stages are *not* on the default song list, no?

So why would they be on this list?
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go cfusionpm! E13.gif
I too am tired of ppl complaining about not having MAX2JP songs there on MAX2USA. I heard many US audiences wanting to play Flash in the Night and So Deep 'coz they dun have a mod-chip. At lest now they can! (well, onli for So Deep that is...) The other ppl shouldn't be so selfish.

I think KOA is trying to appeal to more variety of ppl, not to the ppl that currently have the JP counterparts, and maybe thats why they have US uxclusives.

Nickname: fruitaleman
lvl: 95

do tell me if you play o2jam on the malaysia server biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe most of the 25+ hidden songs are the Oni remixes. And so far I counted at least 12 repeats, counting "Can't Stop Falling In Love" which I saw from a screen shot: One from "DDR PS1 US", 4 from "DDR: Konamix", and 7 from "DDRMAX US", mainly the hidden songs. And I really hope the hiddens songs on "MAX 2" aren't repeats, but "MAX 2 JP" Konami Originals, some unrepeated Club Mix songs, and maybe at least 1 or 2 pre-MAX Dancemania stuff.

But, it looks like the Captain Jack songs aren't really hard to get.
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mention of any of these being remixes as well--all the ones with *mix appended to them listed are only available in those mixes. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us there...
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered after seeing that Kylie Minogue song. I remember seeing this on "Dancing Stage: MeagMix". And I also remember hearing that all of the Europe exclusives' steps are Light (Standard): 1, Standard (Difficult): 2, Heavy (Expert): 4. And that song was one of the Europe exclusives I think.

Let's hope all the US ones aren't all the same difficulty.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
im really crossing my fingers for 9 and 10 ft exclusives. maybe challenge steps as well.

No offense, but the ten-footer and challenge step things are not going to happen. Not in a million years. blink.gif

Unless, I guess, somebody at KoA decides that their nine is worth ten, resulting in the one-foot-over-the-line syndrome previously embodied by Sakura Heavy.
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's a really good song list. Love at First Sight and Heaven are both awsome songs. When I first heard Heaven, I was almost positive it'd show up on a home version.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJ XEROIC of AIM
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a bunch of potential freestyle songs. now i can practice Long Train Runnin and lets groove.

Intellectuals solve problems: geniuses prevent them." -- Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)

Burt, you're shouting again...
TL
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they mentioned some features compatible with us max1. maybe to be able to play max300 you have to link or something?
neko the frog
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL wrote:
they mentioned some features compatible with us max1. maybe to be able to play max300 you have to link or something?

Haha, I'd kill to have the full DDRMAX songlist on there, unlocked by your MAX save so people would still need to buy (and play) both games, but I'm crossing full on into the realm of wild-buttocks wishful thinking now.

Edit: the Gamespot article mentions Sep 23 as the release date; take that of course with the Great Salt Lake.

Last edited by neko the frog on Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: