Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR in... Seventeen Magazine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syni
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtomicKittin615 wrote:
niceddrguy wrote:

exactly how i feel. ppl do laugh, but there the ppl that stink at it, cant do it, jealous, and there sitting down eating a large pizza while i lose calories and drink gotorade and powerade...heheh DDR!!!

LOL!! laugh.gif Right on. I was talking to my mom the other day and she said "I think you look thinner now that you did in college..." And I thought to myself "Yeah, that's because, now, my idea of unwinding after a tough day is to play 2 hours of DDR..." E4.gif It *is* a workout- even on Standard.
YAY to DDR for halping the 'freshman 15' go buh-bye.

That's very true. E1.gif I mean, I never got the freshman 15 because of this game, and my family says I'm a much better dancer because of it. Before DDR, finding the beat to a song was harder than finding my lost socks.

I love seeing new people playing the game, heck, I've taught so many people who would have never been seen on a DDR pad, and now they love it. E1.gif I mean, who's to say that we have the right to push people away like that. With the workout thing, if you sweat during the game - which I certainly do, then you are doing something good for your body, by moving around as crazy as we do. It may not be the old Jane Fonda workout, but it is certainly better than being a couch potato.

And don't knock the trampoline thing, I've done that before.

I left the whole PA style and went to FS because it's just more fun that way, no really big elitist talk, everybody's just having fun. Well, it depends on the crowd, but you know what I mean. Getting the crowd going, getting a laugh from your friends and a high-5 from people you've never met before. I always applaud people that take that extra step (no pun intended), and make the game more worthwhile for everybody there.

It's about the feeling, it's about the fun. E13.gif

Okay, now I'm done. laugh.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: here is somethign to laugh about Reply with quote

You guys are talking about hating Britney Spears ( I agree ) but YOu all should know that one of her dumb songs is on 5th mix, sad enough to say.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seventeen gives guys a look into the mind set of teen girls. and there is nothing wrong with that E13.gif now if only they aimed there magazine at 21 year old guys like me who want a gf but dont know anything about relationships. and have had there hart broken one to many times disgust.gif dumb girls always dumping me...

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Special K
Basic Member
Basic Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everyone, let's knock off the non-conformist4popularity attitudes around here. Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's evil. And don't worry about your precious DDR machine becoming overcrowded with a bunch of 14-year old n00bs. First of all, the magazine doesn't even mention that DDR is an arcade game. Secondly, the publicity scares have happened before. First it was the appearence on the Morning Show and King of the Hill, then it was the shoe commercial (I don't even remember the brand anymore) with the guy dressed in 70s throwback clothing, now it's this. One article/TV appearence isn't going to instantly create a huge DDR fad, so stop worrying that it will.

Even if it did, as stated before, it wouldn't neccessarily be a bad thing. If anyone has respect for the elite players who FC catas for breakfast, then it's the n00bs who play the game and actually know how hard it is. Granted, the audiences that gather at the arcades (such as the aforementioned Ameristar, thx Davin), are usually the ones who give the most applause and junk, they wouldn't know the difficulty difference between Healing Vision and HV: Angelic Mix. I usually just wave off any crowd that starts going crazy over a song that I just butchered, simply because I know I did bad on it. Maybe I'm just too hard on myself riiight.gif

Lastly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't complain over late teens-early twenties girls getting into DDR.

Oh yeah, one more thing: If owning a PSX is 'tech-savvy', I wonder what owning a PS2, a PSX, a GCN, a DC, a SNES, a Genesis, every incarnation of the Game Boy except the Pocket, plus 2 computers and a wireless LAN running through the house would be considered. And that's not counting the systems and PCs that my sister and dad respectively have.

QUOTED FOR POSTERITY'S AMUSEMENT AT THE FAILURE OF THE N-GAGE!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Dreaming Xenon
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I don't know whether to applaud or boo that DDR was in Seventeen. I think it is good that DDR ois getting mroe publicity as time goes on. Nowadays DDR is getting more and more recognition and more people are respecting us as players rather than make fun of us because we play it. More and more people are going from saying its a gay game to saying that its a pretty cool game.
Now here is the problem. Some of the DDR articles that I read were written by people who don't know what they are talking about. Some articles (I will post a link of one really bad one later on) really butcher the game because the Author doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Thus they make the game seem corny and cheesey. I mean, come on, dance like Britney Spears? And there was also one article that said that one person played "the ultimate challenge", which in this case was Max 300 Heavy, not an easy song, but not the ultimate challenge.
Also, some of the articles in teen magazines really make me kinda mad. One article said that a perfect guy was quote "someone who does not have an action figure collection or has a video game obsession." Now that is kind of mean IMO E2.gif . Because of that, I am a little biased at teen magazines. I sometimes glance at teen magazines to check what girls look for in guys and it makes me mad when some articles in teen mags promote shallowness towards boyfriends.
There is my two cents, please don't flame me!
AtomicKittin615
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Currently failing 8-footers on a DDR pad near you! :P
45. PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special K wrote:

Lastly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't complain over late teens-early twenties girls getting into DDR.

LMAO! My g_d, that was funny... (I *am* correct in assuming that you are male, right?)

FYI, I'm 24, and I have been responsible for getting a number of my similarly-aged female friends into playing the game.

It's funny when you get those looks when playing that say "Wow. *older* *FEMALES* playing DDR... wow...."

Still not sure why more women don't play... is it the fear of looking silly?

~~atomickittin =^. .^=

(Feel free to point and laugh...)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: