Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New RedOctane Pad Tryout in Northern California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchensor
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¤Cяacka¤ wrote:
You know what redoctane pads really need? A bar that you can screw in if you want. They should make a pad that has the back to it just like in this one but it has holes just for a bar. Plus i really hope they make the buttons practically indestructable because i bought two of the newest ones they had last time and all 8 of the buttons cracked into alteast 8 different pieces. Im still waiting for new buttons to come in for them. This happend in less than a month too. I think im just gotta get the new ones though. But a bar would be nice, i think that would maximize the arcade feeling.

The problem is the physics of it all. A 40 pound pad wouldn't work with a bar. The instant you lean on the bar, you will have lots of people tipping themselves over and hurting themselves. Anyone who has their hand on the bar when they jump will probably risk serious injury. Which is why I don't think a bar add-on will ever exist for home play.

- JC
View users profile Send private message
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IguanaGrrl wrote:
Something that people need to also consider is that quite a few of the Red Octane employees are DDR players themselves. They understand the trials of finding a good pad and do *cough*extensive testing*cough* before the final product goes out there.

Just like their IIDX controller, right?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
¤Cяacka¤
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Edited by DDR Freak: Trolling posts removed)
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope it's nothing like the other "3rd party metal dance pad" that Red Octane was selling a few months ago. That thing was the most horrid pad I've ever had this displeasure of stepping on. Returned it in 2 days and got me a CF -.-
View users profile Send private message Send email
DDRDork
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll enter and probably suck, but hey, at least it'll be fun...I hope. disgust.gif
b00geyman ver2
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no, no, NOOOO!!! they dont ship this mat overseas! frust.gif AHHH CRAP.
View users profile Send private message
DiZ B TonY
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i dont think 1 day is gonna be good enuff to test it, it takes awhile to stop responding like very other pad, go for cobalt flux, its 100 more, but i never read anything bad about it. it'll last u longer, plus they have 6 month warranty(they even said they'll go farther juss so they can help u out)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
WrathX
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiZ B TonY wrote:
well, i dont think 1 day is gonna be good enuff to test it, it takes awhile to stop responding like very other pad, go for cobalt flux, its 100 more, but i never read anything bad about it. it'll last u longer, plus they have 6 month warranty(they even said they'll go farther juss so they can help u out)

Actually, this isn't a "test" process. This is a "feedback" process. We've done all of our testing throughout the entire development cycle E1.gif

This is just a way for us to get YOUR feedback on the pad before release, so we can make notes of anything outstanding that we may have missed, so we can better the product as time goes on.
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Testing Red Octane Pad Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'll confirm how the pad works on Friday. I was one of the 10 that was chosen today by EJ. I also have a Cobalt Flux so I figure to test out the pad and see if it's a good alternative to those who don't want to spend mucho dinero on the Flux. Thoughts and impressions will be posted Friday/Saturday. See the others there! E4.gif

--Michael
WrathX
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, got the 10 chosen. I want to thank all who applied, I'm sorry if you didn't get picked. Perhaps next time!

I'm looking forward to it, it'll be fun! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<yawns> alright this is my first post here in 4 months.

WHERE ARE START AND SELECT!? ok i know that people used to re set the game with them so they took off select, put a freakin switch on the side if u gotta@
WrathX
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pad comes with a Control Box that has start and select on it:

http://www.redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html
Staff Member
Staff Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b00geyman ver2 wrote:
oh no, no, NOOOO!!! they dont ship this mat overseas! frust.gif AHHH CRAP.

You could order a Cobalt Flux, but shipping to the UK is $300. I'd imagine it's around that number to Australia. Ouch.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i was also one of the lucky 10 choosen. ill try to take my digi cam and take some pics. if u guys can post what i should take pictures of that would help alot. till then later ppl.

MgMn

i forgot to mention that im not very webpage leterate and that in dont have my own so if someone can msg me on how to post the pics or i could just send the pics to some one through aim and they can post it them selfs. my sn is Megaman x4007x
so i hope for all you who want to see the pics tell some one to msg me.

MgMn
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd encourage all readers viewing this post NOT to buy this pad. I suspect it will probably be well made, just like RedOctane Ignition 2.0 pads. However, we should all refuse to support RedOctane as a matter of policy.

The tournament I was involved in running last year got <CENSOR> by RedOctane. We were told that we were getting a pair of Arcade Pads and a pair of Ignition Pads. Well, RedOctane sent us miswired Arcade Pads and those cheap $20 flat pads. The con head went with what RedOctane said and gave those pads as first place... Even though they were only cheap pads.

I know both of the people who took those pads home and, RedOctane just shrugged them off. After this whole thing, I posted on DDRFreak and asked other people what had happened with them. Well, 3 people replied with similair stories. No one replied in RedOctane's defense.

So, regardless that RedOctane makes a nice product, they don't make it with a nice attitude (or a nice price). Please don't buy from these <CENSOR> heads. It's not a nice company that gets itself publicity with deception.

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo wrote:
I'd encourage all readers viewing this post NOT to buy this pad. I suspect it will probably be well made, just like RedOctane Ignition 2.0 pads. However, we should all refuse to support RedOctane as a matter of policy.

The tournament I was involved in running last year got <CENSOR> by RedOctane. We were told that we were getting a pair of Arcade Pads and a pair of Ignition Pads. Well, RedOctane sent us miswired Arcade Pads and those cheap $20 flat pads. The con head went with what RedOctane said and gave those pads as first place... Even though they were only cheap pads.

I know both of the people who took those pads home and, RedOctane just shrugged them off. After this whole thing, I posted on DDRFreak and asked other people what had happened with them. Well, 3 people replied with similair stories. No one replied in RedOctane's defense.

So, regardless that RedOctane makes a nice product, they don't make it with a nice attitude (or a nice price). Please don't buy from these <CENSOR> heads. It's not a nice company that gets itself publicity with deception.

I'm sorry but your post has no relevance in this topic. RedOctane (like any other companies) makes mistakes, but when they made theirs, it seems as if you didn't even bother contacting them (maybe you left that detail out). Regardless, I've done business with RO before and they have excellent Customer Support... You just have to contact them and tell them your story instead of going on a message board and complaining.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
silencerider151
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when red octaine runs this thing over with an suv and it still works in perfect condition...then ill think about getting one.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TheNasr
Basic Member
Basic Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know what the weight limit for the new metal pad is, I'm a big guy and I need something that can support my weight while I'm playing.
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milty Kiss (&#26716;) wrote:
Gogo wrote:

I'm sorry but your post has no relevance in this topic. RedOctane (like any other companies) makes mistakes, but when they made theirs, it seems as if you didn't even bother contacting them (maybe you left that detail out). Regardless, I've done business with RO before and they have excellent Customer Support... You just have to contact them and tell them your story instead of going on a message board and complaining.

Relevance is arguable. I'm suggesting people don't buy because of the company selling, so it does not relate to these pads, just the builder. If someone posts about CypherGames I make sure to tell them that those tend to die fast, and if people post about RedOctane I mention that they shaft tournaments. I'd say the company making a product is relevent, you might not think so.

As far as customer service goes, I agree. They have great customer servive. I bought two ignition pads from them before this whole tournament thing happened to me and they only sent one carrying case for both pads. When I e-mailed them they sent me the other one right away. However, tournaments are not CUSTOMERS.

As I did note in my post, RedOctane ignored both the pad winners. I know that these people E-mailed RedOctane about the situation. I also know that RedOctane didn't do anything to correct there 'mistake'. I did not E-mail them becuase I was neither the pad winner nor the con-chair. The con-chair didn't get involved because she didn't know enough about DDR to be informed. Before I started dealing with the tournament she still thought they had sent the upper pads, not the lower pads.

However, I hoped that was an isolated instance. I came on these boards and asked others about there experiences (and I actually expected people to defend RedOctane at that point, not confirm my instance). Other tournaments had been shaftted too. No one told me RedOctane had given their tournament exactly what they promized (actually, quite a few people noted they rented/bought from RO and they had good customer relations, but this was not a point I wasn't aware of already).

Its one thing to not sponser tournaments, but it's just nasty to say you'll send Ignition pads and then skip out after the tournament has already shared the prize news. It's not something a member of the DDR community should tolerate.

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Ike Pie
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was chosen to go! Pretty surprising too, since I probably wrote the most boring, monotonous, dreary, and blink.gif story for the "Explain your DDR experience" part. I have the 3pm-3:20 slot. I'm also kinda nervous about going since I'm alone, and I'm only 13. Either he randomly drew names or he picked people with the worsts story to tell.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: