Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR on Days of Our Lives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeReborn wrote:
wow, a triple post E15.gif

mmm, i didnt see it. why would kids who dont know how to play ddr own a machine? cuz spoiled rich lil SOBs get whatever they want, even if they dont want it.
best ddr spot on tv imo-will and grace. the REALLY gay guy got down with his bad self on abyss (well, they actually played some generic techno song, but the screen said abyss)

so yea, anyone gonna post a clip of it? me want see

yea.. i don't like how the passed it off as some thing they knew or were down with so to speak... it's like posing or something, ya know what i mean?? They were trying to be 'cool'. Who are they to take something and push it like they know all about it or the types of characters they portray would even play the game, ne? E19.gif And as for that REALLY gay guy -- his name is Jack or as he puts it.."Just Jack!" riiight.gif ... he's not REALLY gay...there are no degrees to gayness i don't think...there is gay. Now if you were referring to him acting feminine and stuff that's one thing but there is no REALLY gay...once again i've over analyzed but i felt the need to correct this stereotype...and there are straight guys who act effeminent too -- they are called metrosexuals nerd.gif Look it up, but not the british series... E4.gif
generalhospital
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: I missed DAYS!!! Reply with quote

OMG!! E11.gif E12.gif I missed Days of Our Lives E2.gif . My best friends watch Days of Our Lives for 22 years since she was 3.

As you know my DDR name is Generalhospital. I admit that I am a Soap Opera Fan. My favorite soap that I watch: The Young and the Restless, The Bold and The Beautiful and YES!! General Hospital. I did not know that Days of Our Lives features DDR today and I missed that E12.gif . Oh well!!!

This November, I'm going to The ABC Super Soap Weekend to meet my favorite stars from General Hospital. If there is and ABC Daytime's Fan February contest goes on, I like to make a story about DDR. The teen characters are Maxie, Georgie, Dillon, Kyle, and Lucas. Or, the mobsters characters Sonny & Carly Corinthos, Ric Lansing , Lorenzo Alcazar, and Michael Corinthos, Jr. The story was taking place in Port Charles, NY.

I wish Days of Ours Lives was a weekend marathon on SoapNet, but its not E12.gif . The only soaps on Soapnet are from ABC Daytime soaps like All My Children, One Live to Live and of course happy.gif General Hospital happy.gif .
Port Charles(6 year old Soap Opera from 1997-2003) will be no longer part of The ABC Daytime and Soapnet. Final airdate for Port Charles is October 3rd.

Last edited by generalhospital on Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW51886JS7 wrote:
whoever recorded it, you could maybe put a clip of it on the net so the people that didnt see it can see it for themselves how badly they sucked.

On a related note.

If anyone is familier with the show called "Even Stevens" (disney)
at some point in an episode i recall Toni and Twitty playing on a DDR machine. Seems like they have played it before cause they seems to know what they were doing, except i dont remember what song it was, nor do recall hearing it. so im not sure, maybe they were just stomping around. who knows, i didnt play DDR back then so i wasnt paying any attention.

I'm pretty sure it wasa Dance Dance Revolution US 1st Mix, and the first time they play they just do some splits and then its over. Then it shows Louis I think, or someone, talking to Twitty and the girl and you can see the machine, twice. I think the first time it shows Have You Been Mellow, and the second time it shows Brilliant 2U and I think you hear it to, I could just be mistaken though.
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh maybe it was i dont know, i think i recal the splits and stuff, i keep thinking thay did some diagonal pattenrs or so. (you probably all think im sad now) anyways, i guess im gonna wait till that shows up again and see what they really were doing.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhatFarm43086
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG days of our lives showed ddr man my moms upsessed with that show so much its not even funny. Hey well at least they showed people playing ddr instead of them playing pumpitup or worse the terribile pads of technomotin. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
ChucklesClown
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the soap network

i think im gonna watch it all day and maybe i'll get lucky.

i know they show soaps on there.
DizzyBum
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soap opera? *skips it* I have better ways to waste my time.
generalhospital
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChucklesClown wrote:
what about the soap network

i think im gonna watch it all day and maybe i'll get lucky.

i know they show soaps on there.

I'm Sorry ChucklesClown!! But Soap network has ABC Daytime soaps like All My Children, General Hospital, One Life to Live and Port Charles. Days of Our Lives are not part of the Soap Net. Why can't you try go online to www.soapcity.com ? Maybe they might have a video of Shawn and Belle playing DDR.
E13.gif

generalhospital

P.S.:Have you read my post on #21?
dj 8-ball
Staff Member
Staff Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lordy! Now it's made it to soap operas! laugh.gif
Well, at least it gets exposure and even tho it wasn't "played" properly people will go to an arcade totally exepcting to see people just jumping around and then see a PA or FSER (hopefully good ones).
generalhospital
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generalhospital wrote:
Why can't you try go online to www.soapcity.com ? Maybe they might have a video of Shawn and Belle playing DDR.
E13.gif

I don't mean to double post myself. But speaking of soapcity.com, You can purchase the July 22nd episode of Days of Our Lives of $1.99 an episode.

The requirements is you have to register to be a member of soapcity.com unless if you are a soap opera fan. That means you have to create an account like purchasing an episode or gifts courtesy of soapcity.com.
dj Tifaheart
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soaps have DDR? What next? NASCAR? Reality shows? laugh.gif

Oh well, I missed Days of Our Lives. I'm not a soap fan. I don't know why, I'm just not.

-Tiff

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cueball939
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E7.gif That's more like the treatment games get in tv and movies. Games don't sound like games anymore so they put lame 80's game sounds in there so there's no mistake about it! E15.gif Go DDR. All the way to the moon!
cueball939
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E7.gif That's more like the treatment games get in tv and movies. Games don't sound like games anymore so they put lame 80's game sounds in there so there's no mistake about it! E15.gif Go DDR. All the way to the moon!
Ninja dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thaDDRking wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

now that was hilarious. they played the same damn song over and over, and couldnt play for sh**. did u see the second guy that went!? he couldnt even keep up. omg....yea its good for ddr to get mainstream exposure, but stuff like this just makes ddr look bad. and also, how many people own a ddr machine (especially extreme!) and dont know how to play?? i mean come on...

Pay attention to the plot. It was clearly stated that Belle had the machine because her father, John Black, was going to have his company, Basic Black, sponser a nationwide tournament and so she uh... I'll ask my mom.
thaDDRking
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, i was just trying to make a point. i am not an avid watcher of soaps, in fact i despise them. i was going back and forth between playing ddrmax on my ps2 and watching for the ddr part, so i wasnt listening to the plot. i mustve missed it. its not like it matters anyways...

10 footers beaten - 4
next challenge, psm Oni laugh.gif yea rite..
------------------------------------------------
I FINALLY PASSED MAXX UNLIMITED!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Zenflo
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm unfortunatly I didn't get to see this.. Course I dislike soap op. stuff.. So yea... But If anyone Likes Venga boys... I can't quite remember the song But their in Japan in the video and at the end they are playing DDR and I'm not sure but the steps that they do look like orchastra groove.. I dunno though...
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddrtifa wrote:
Soaps have DDR? What next? NASCAR? Reality shows? laugh.gif

Oh well, I missed Days of Our Lives. I'm not a soap fan. I don't know why, I'm just not.

-Tiff

dont know about nascar for this one, but as for reality its been done. i think a couple months ago, the news on a ddr site said that big brother in sweden got a machine. the viewers picked it for them.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
imspecial
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah bell was alot better and shes awesome. my mom dragged me into teh whole soap opera thing so i've watched it almost my whole life. wow im a freak! haha!
frenchi
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH!!! ive watched Days for several years cause Heather ( imspecial ) got me into it. And yesterday i missed it!!! no!!! im sad. but its okay ill be over it eventually. And yeah i saw the Even Stevens episode too. and there was that one Skechers commercial where they had it but the song wasnt a DDR song.

A coconut.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
TehSuq
Basic Member
Basic Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: reality check Reply with quote

To the people who are amazed by the fact that no one on the show managed to AA a 9 footer: perhaps they had more important things to worry about in pre-production than DDR lessons. Things like LINES and ACTING. But for the meantime, you can rest assured that you will pwnz0r any soap opera actor that shows up in your local arcade.

Teh Suq
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: