Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR on Days of Our Lives
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: DDR on Days of Our Lives Reply with quote

Thanks to ChocKaramelKat for the information. DDR is featured in today's Days of Our Lives episode on NBC. The young generation cast Belle, Shawn, Phillip, Cassie, Rex, and Mimi have a DDR party in Belle's loft.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Nothing can get me to watch Days of our Lives. Not even DDR.

...*tapes it*
View users profile Send private message Send email
cjc312chunky
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i turned off my ps2 and heard something about a dance machine and w00t..an extreme. They should have found a way to get good people in there playing. All they did was play let's get down 3 times. They didn't even really play, they played beginner and just jumped around like idiots. They reminded me of people that i saw making fun of and intentionally trying to break a machine once.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
fusiondogg
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: i dont understand? what u mean? no make sense! Reply with quote

Whaaaaaa? Day Of Life play DDR? What you mean? No understand what u say, no make sense! How possible? I don't know u crazy! E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif erm.gif erm.gif erm.gif erm.gif
View users profile Send private message
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great that it had that exposure but seeing it abused like that and made trivialized was kind of a let down. I guess the majority aren't serious players but atleast if the popularity grows then so will the goodies for the hardcore ddr-freaks. E1.gif I wonder if any Konami execs saw the episode and are wondering about why a "For Japan Only" game is being played on American tv....and was it a bootleg? laugh.gif
kman
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they were probably too busy laughing at the stupid Americans. "Why are they playing a poopy 1st Mix song and jumping around like morons? Damn gaijin..."
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Icculus
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY WERE AWESOME drool.gif drool.gif shocked.gif E11.gif ! They could AAA PSM Oni any day.
View users profile Send private message Send email
DuoChan
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I wished they'd played something different during play besides Let's Get Down during the whole thing. I could also tell that nobody on the Days Of Lives set likes to play the Pop4, Naoki Neo, and Dancemania Course.

But what's with the girl calling it a 'dumb game' to her boyfriend not too long after the whole thing even though the guy 'acted' like he screwed up?
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how far into the show is it? cause i aint watchin the whole thing!

Call it DDR! Call it ITG! Either way, it still taste like chicken.
Konami created it (DDR), RoXoR perfected it (ITG), and we should all respect them equally.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PBoy227
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/m i just saw it! I'm surprised they didnt call it something else.

Call it DDR! Call it ITG! Either way, it still taste like chicken.
Konami created it (DDR), RoXoR perfected it (ITG), and we should all respect them equally.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Bean
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swanton wrote:
Man, I wished they'd played something different during play besides Let's Get Down during the whole thing. I could also tell that nobody on the Days Of Lives set likes to play the Pop4, Naoki Neo, and Dancemania Course.

But what's with the girl calling it a 'dumb game' to her boyfriend not too long after the whole thing even though the guy 'acted' like he screwed up?

Are you talking about Cassie or Mimi? I actually like Mimi better than Cassie. I did like Cassie but she was a little bit on the boring side. You can't say that about Belle though. That girl is feisty and adds spunk.

(quote stolen from www.soapnet.com)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Illusion Bomb
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Belle was the most entertaining to watch while Sean and Phillip were so god-awfully boring. At least Belle hopped and skipped for being on beginner. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

now that was hilarious. they played the same damn song over and over, and couldnt play for sh**. did u see the second guy that went!? he couldnt even keep up. omg....yea its good for ddr to get mainstream exposure, but stuff like this just makes ddr look bad. and also, how many people own a ddr machine (especially extreme!) and dont know how to play?? i mean come on...

10 footers beaten - 4
next challenge, psm Oni laugh.gif yea rite..
------------------------------------------------
I FINALLY PASSED MAXX UNLIMITED!!
Fungus
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you would think that they would have taught the cast how to play before they put it on the air, i mean, they were butchering the thing!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
oXpaperdollXo
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't teach the cast to play. It's their first time playing that game on the show and they wanted it to look realistic. If you saw them doing stuff on Standard then you would know it's not real. Even though most of the stuff on a soap never is real or could happen in real life. I looked like that when I first started, but maybe not bad as Mimi and Rex (first two players).
ChucklesClown
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude i have to see this.

is it too late?

when can i catch a rerun?
oXpaperdollXo
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no reruns for soaps. You can try finding a friend or parent who tapes the show.
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody record the episode? I really wanted to see it. I just read the news a couple of minutes ago. Woulld it be illegal for me to ask for somebody to ask for the part of the episode when they had the ddr party? Also, are you guys sure they don't show reruns?

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
JW51886JS7
Basic Member
Basic Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever recorded it, you could maybe put a clip of it on the net so the people that didnt see it can see it for themselves how badly they sucked.

On a related note.

If anyone is familier with the show called "Even Stevens" (disney)
at some point in an episode i recall Toni and Twitty playing on a DDR machine. Seems like they have played it before cause they seems to know what they were doing, except i dont remember what song it was, nor do recall hearing it. so im not sure, maybe they were just stomping around. who knows, i didnt play DDR back then so i wasnt paying any attention.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Setzer
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, a triple post E15.gif

mmm, i didnt see it. why would kids who dont know how to play ddr own a machine? cuz spoiled rich lil SOBs get whatever they want, even if they dont want it.
best ddr spot on tv imo-will and grace. the REALLY gay guy got down with his bad self on abyss (well, they actually played some generic techno song, but the screen said abyss)

so yea, anyone gonna post a clip of it? me want see
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: