Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR featured in For Better or For Worse comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceiling.Kimmy
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, to me, this is saying "Photoshop meeeee!"

Someone make a thread about photoshopping it! I can't because I have no skillz! laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

21. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be many "older" people playing with the walker attached to the back of the pad like that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Whoa! Reply with quote

WHOA! I never expected to be on the main page! Thanks J-Dogg!!!!!

I even email Lynn Johnson (creater of FBOFW, doubt I'll get a reply) but I said thank you from a huge DDR player!
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it wasen't pump it up... laugh.gif
Caliber
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot of the story for whoever said it didnt make sense is. The kids are playing DDR. And the parents are like why are they taking so long they wont come out. So the mom goes in the bring them out of the arcade but she gets caught up in DDR too.

48 Catas passed (updated from 7/9/03)
Lesson Oni: 94.8%...Nearly130: 92.8%...Naoki Standard 89.6%
Club Trax 96.3!%...Soul 6.92.3%
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
nurseminako
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm older than the average DDR fan (31) & as a new mom, right now my figure is a lot like the mother character in that comic. When my parents come to visit, my mother & I are going out to play DDRExtreme, which neither of us has had a chance to play, yet. Mom is 51 & she got hooked on DDR through me. My 25 year old sister plays, too, but so far my husband & dad haven't shown a bit of interest.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shitty comic.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Boogery_Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that does look like the original Trip Machine background copied twice..

And no, it is not like pump cause if you look at the pad, it has just a round green center thing. Look at the screen and there is no center arrow thing AKA NO PIU FOR ALL YOU JUNKIES WHO LIKE MESSED UP DDR.

Im happilly pleased it was in here and that she got the arrow posistions right.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Orion.25
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks... I went on vacation from July 5th until the 12th. My mom cancelled the newspaper for the week. And even though I can see it online, it's just not the same.
ALexX
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10K is the real ddr comic....look at it.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Dojomaster26
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurseminako wrote:
I'm older than the average DDR fan (31) & as a new mom, right now my figure is a lot like the mother character in that comic. When my parents come to visit, my mother & I are going out to play DDRExtreme, which neither of us has had a chance to play, yet. Mom is 51 & she got hooked on DDR through me. My 25 year old sister plays, too, but so far my husband & dad haven't shown a bit of interest.

That's cool. My grandmother is in her 60s and she plays DDR all the time. She's even considering buying a used PSX and home version for herself! She's starting to get the hang of 4-footers, but she really enjoys El Ritmo Tropical for some reason...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
«°Çÿbê®Lø®d X°»™
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the negative comments from the minority here that have absolutely zero tolerance for having an open mind (you know who you are), this was a pretty good comic--and I'm not even a big fan of For Better Or Worse. E7.gif

Although it has to be said--and I know most of you are thinking the same thing--you'd have to admit that the version of DDR presented looks too bar-raping friendly... E15.gif

--Snoop Dogg a.k.a. Crow, quote from Def Jam Fight For NY
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally liked how the platform was raised quite high and the wrap around bar was tyte.
Basic Member
Basic Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awesome to see DDR in a comic like that, and was suprised at the relative accuracy of the pads and the screen. E4.gif But yeah, some of you over-analyze stuff like that, the bar, the 4/5-button setup, what the background came from what routine, etc. disturb.gif I'm sure the author just wanted to get the point across. I cut it out and pinned it up to my bulliten board in the first 10 minutes though lol. Mad props to bringing DDR to the comic world like that, hopefully a couple of other authors bring it up as well....

Also, i nearly beat Max 300 on heavy for the first time today (i can beat up to 8 and 9 footers, and bag on heavy, but still trying to get Max 300 - heavy to my list), i promised my friends i'd beat it before the summer got out, i got 6 weeks left lol... E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dj Tifaheart
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to laugh when I saw that comic. It made my day. I pulled a double on that Sunday. I thought it was a pretty cool comic.

-Tiff

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Bella41359xx
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think its totally cute... i think every1 knew about it and jus didnt realize to do anything else besides put it in there own thread. I wish ddr machines were like that; its like those platforms at dance clubs... oh well maybe one dya theyll have em - im outt ghost.gif
9sam1
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Maddr Reply with quote

and a DDR style game was fetured in this months issue of MAD!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: