Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme Announced for Japanese PS2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tachyon wrote:
Extreme has the advantage of having more new songs, with a higher amount of overall quality.

Isn't this the case with any upgrade to a series though? I mean, when you see the release of a sequal, or a newer version of a game, you can count on it being an improvement, and having new additions, but if the sales do poorly on a particular game, how does that promote a company to quickly rush yet another newer version to the table?

I could be wrong, but I read that 6th style for example, sold poorly in Japan (I know it's hard to believe), and KCEJ didn't go rushing back to the starting line slating for 7th style, along with more extras to go with the game.

But I really think that we could expect an improvement in overall quality from any newer release to any series, unless something in the company has gone terribly wrong, or some dramatic changes were implemented that just don't get carried over very well by the public.

A good example of this is when SF3 came out. It took the Street fighter series into a different direction than the rest of the series, and although it was presented well, it was not as greatly accepted by the community due to the focus on fighting stratgies, versus the focus on combos, and thus, the 3 series quickly dwindled.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really really hope they include the modifiers from Trick Oni.
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f3lixx wrote:

Now THAT would be awesome. Sink and .25 would be quite fun to pick on more than just Ecstasy Remix and Max300. Trick is by far my favorite Oni. Not too long, not easily shadowed.
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the psychedelic effect .25 had on max300.

Reverse-boost and Fuwa-fuwa are really fun.

Drop Out would look pretty funny with Fuwa-Fuwa on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Xiayu wrote:
f3lixx wrote:

Now THAT would be awesome. Sink and .25 would be quite fun to pick on more than just Ecstasy Remix and Max300. Trick is by far my favorite Oni. Not too long, not easily shadowed.

*shivers at the thought of Bag 0.25x* riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmz wrote:
*shivers at the thought of Bag 0.25x* riiight.gif

OMg, I think we would be able to see half the song by the time you hit the first four arrows! Fuwa Fuwa would be awesome with a lot of songs. Talk about insanity!
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Actu Reply with quote

Actually I think you would see at least 75% of the song on the screen at once. That might not be a feasible modifier. It wouldn't be hard for them to disable modifiers on certain songs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Resident Lune wrote:
Come on, you know it's true. DDR Max taught us that much. Given DDR Max US was nice, but still ... it wasn't any JP. I wanted to murder them for not giving us "Flash In The Night". disturb.gif

If you honestly haven't learned by now that licensing songs in different areas of the world is an entirely different process and that Konami Of America is TRYING to give the DDR community something in addition to the official Japanese mixes...I don't know what more I can do. I've only posted the reasons why about eleventy billion times. E10.gif

Oh, I know, I know, already. erm.gif But one can still wish that they'd had more songs from the actual mix. Some of us just don't have the funds to go and buy import PS2s, mod chips, and import games, so ...
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just REALLY hope that they don't go and butcher Legend Oni like they did to Demon Road. Of course, I do know the slightest possibility that MAX300 and MaxX Unlimited making "guest appearances" but I still hope to play Legend Oni.

And maybe the reason for them to release DDR Extreme early is to have the franchise to finish fast over there. Since they said that they wanted to stop production of the arcade version and DDR is dying there, maybe they wanted to stop DDR alltogether (I said MAYBE, so don't come firing at me...) and thus they wanted to end the home version with the final DDR, DDR Extreme.
Or maybe its just because they were working on it since MAX2 'cause MAX2 took darn long to release.

Nickname: fruitaleman
lvl: 95

do tell me if you play o2jam on the malaysia server biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gs191
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well aint this a suprise, life sucks with out a ps2. i may just get that import PSX (not ps1, PSX, a remake of a ps2) and mod chip it. since i havent even played the MAX line of DDR games, i home this version stays true to the ddr franchise, and i hope if this is the last version, it should have all the new songs from Extreme, and some fav's from past mixes.

um, sorry for getting of topic, but what there going to call the US version of this game ? and if they are going to make a US version i hope they dont take the route of the other DDRMAX USA games and leave all the new songs that were exclusive to the mix in the home version.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
53xy N0 Ju75u
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash_OverRide003 wrote:

um, sorry for getting of topic, but what there going to call the US version of this game ? and if they are going to make a US version i hope they dont take the route of the other DDRMAX USA games and leave all the new songs that were exclusive to the mix in the home version.

I could not really make out the question but I think I know what you are trying to ask...
Ok, Konami has not comfirmed An American Vesion of extreme. Notice how DDRMAX2 USA Isn't even out. So if there is going to be an American DDREx...then it wont be out for a while. And about the songs I think you said I hope they dont have songs that are not from DDREx? If so then thats not likely, because there would be no purpose of a USA Version...If you did not ask this then....Try rephrasing it.

Catch me Lucky Charms!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
gs191
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy No Jutsu wrote:
Crash_OverRide003 wrote:

I could not really make out the question but I think I know what you are trying to ask...
Ok, Konami has not comfirmed An American Vesion of extreme. Notice how DDRMAX2 USA Isn't even out. So if there is going to be an American DDREx...then it wont be out for a while. And about the songs I think you said I hope they dont have songs that are not from DDREx? If so then thats not likely, because there would be no purpose of a USA Version...If you did not ask this then....Try rephrasing it.

Hey sorry for all the confusion, but what am i'm trying to say is that
1. I hope they keep the name in tact, and not rename it, like what they did with DDRMAX.
2. If and IF they make a port of DDREx, i hope they dont remove any songs from Ex; remeber they removed some exclusive songs from the port from DDRMAX.
3. I like looking into the future and see what there planing next.

I hope that answers your question.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rmz
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash_OverRide003 wrote:
1. I hope they keep the name in tact, and not rename it, like what they did with DDRMAX.

It was a big deal to you that they trimmed off the words "6th Mix"? Just trying to clarify what you mean by "keep the name intact".

Crash_OverRide003 wrote:
2. If and IF they make a port of DDREx, i hope they dont remove any songs from Ex; remeber they removed some exclusive songs from the port from DDRMAX.

They probably will, because it seems that KoA doesn't think that American players like J-Pop or "uber-poppy" music much. I wouldn't get my heart set on seeing LOVE <3 SHINE or LOVE^2 SUGAR in Extreme USA E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: