Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme Announced for Japanese PS2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmz
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy No Jutsu wrote:
rmz wrote:
Sexy No Jutsu wrote:
It'll cost $68...(6,800= 68)
Yay! this is awsome.... So fast, I was expecting early 2004!! Can't wait!!!...DDRExtreme 2 E4.gif Wow!!!! That rules if it comes ou!!!! Keep it up konami!!!!!!

Actually, right now, $1 is about 118.05¥. Which means 6,800¥ comes out to about US $57.60. I would expect it to be priced what DDRMAX was priced in the US, though, and what the expected price for DDRMAX2 is, as well ($39.99).

I..I knew that riiight.gif ... What was the price for DDRMAX US...Because I got it as a gift... Was it $57?

As I said, as far as I know, DDRMAX US was $39.99 when it came out, which is also the advertised price for DDRMAX2 that most resellers are pre-ordering it for.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth gives you the idea that the Japanese price of games has anything to do with the US prices?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Notice how the majority of newly announced games are, gasp, 6800 yen.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This announcement conviced me to get a Japanese PS2. I wanted one for Max and Max 2 but now that Extreme will be out soon, I really want the system since all my favorite songs from 6th Mix were left out of the US version of Max, and I'm sure all my favorite songs from Max 2 will be left out of the upcoming US version as well. Now with Extreme coming out, it's easier to justify a system purchase for 3 games rather than 2.
View users profile Send private message
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMfg. I wish I were a big DDR fan, but I'm not. The U.S. verison of MAX2 hasn't even hit the streets yet, and the release of Extreme JP is already being announced, while IIDX fans are STILL waiting for ANY WORD on if 7th Style will hit the JP PS2.

Nevermind the fact that 9th Style is just hitting the arcades so we are two styles behind at home. Un-freaking-believable.

Go Konami...yay...Extreme for home.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoshiFan wrote:
This announcement conviced me to get a Japanese PS2. I wanted one for Max and Max 2 but now that Extreme will be out soon, I really want the system since all my favorite songs from 6th Mix were left out of the US version of Max, and I'm sure all my favorite songs from Max 2 will be left out of the upcoming US version as well. Now with Extreme coming out, it's easier to justify a system purchase for 3 games rather than 2.

Exactly the same thing happened to me tonight. 'Cept I'm sending in my system to be modded at PSX-Tech. Don't quite have the $300 needed to buy a dedicated JPN system, sadly blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Katokes ~Jonen Pie Style~
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn double post..

Last edited by Katokes ~Jonen Pie Style~ on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Katokes ~Jonen Pie Style~
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Xiayu wrote:
OMfg. I wish I were a big DDR fan, but I'm not. The U.S. verison of MAX2 hasn't even hit the streets yet, and the release of Extreme JP is already being announced, while IIDX fans are STILL waiting for ANY WORD on if 7th Style will hit the JP PS2.

Nevermind the fact that 9th Style is just hitting the arcades so we are two styles behind at home. Un-freaking-believable.

Go Konami...yay...Extreme for home.

Yeah thats true..Although i'm a big DDR Fan i'm just a big IIDX Fan, I was expecting 7th Style to come out for the JPS2 before Extreme. Konami could've given us IIDX fans some kind of sign that 7th Style was going to be released. Alot of DDR maybe a good thing for some but for some IIDX fans thats not good enough, I'm sure alot of people would agree with me when i say that we need more home Styles, i mean if it's taking this long for 7th Style to come out, how long will we have to wait for 8th Style..
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Tomo-kun AKA s1
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, from the screen shots i have seen from DDRXBOX, im not expecting much, sure like a couple new US songs but they will migrate there way to a japaneese game or a us ps game sooner or later, but the interface is like im playing Dance Dance Revolution with a taste of fifth mix. maybe DDR ninth will run on the same GUI as DDRXBOX, wich is a plus caus it has the FMV's and charictars. but if they where going to have a ddr ninth mix, i think they should do what they did with pop'n, add a DVD drive to the upgrade kit and, add some sort of other hardware upgrades.
View users profile Send private message Send email
azvision2u
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo-kun AKA s1 wrote:
well, from the screen shots i have seen from DDRXBOX, im not expecting much, sure like a couple new US songs but they will migrate there way to a japaneese game or a us ps game sooner or later, but the interface is like im playing Dance Dance Revolution with a taste of fifth mix. maybe DDR ninth will run on the same GUI as DDRXBOX, wich is a plus caus it has the FMV's and charictars. but if they where going to have a ddr ninth mix, i think they should do what they did with pop'n, add a DVD drive to the upgrade kit and, add some sort of other hardware upgrades.

i thought that they did use dvd drive. and please go to school and learn how to spell,"characters" right... goog.gif
View users profile Send private message
A Secret Pudding
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OMfg. I wish I were a big DDR fan, but I'm not.

Then...why post on a DDR website? blink.gif
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tachyon wrote:
Quote:
OMfg. I wish I were a big DDR fan, but I'm not.

Then...why post on a DDR website? blink.gif

I was waiting for someone with selective reading to try this...

"I wish I were a big DDR fan, but I'm not."

Notice the word big, my friend, implying that although I like DDR, I am not a big DDR fan.

It's a great game, really it is. However, I happen to like another game that Konami makes, by the name of beatmania IIDX better than DDR, and I find it really unusual for a company to not keep itself at least somewhat up to par with itself when it comes to distributing it's products, regardless if it's a foot stomp or finger stomp game.

BTW, for IIDX talk, I go to bemanistyle.com and TNL, but I post in my local arcade thread in the regional forums here at DDRFreak, which also happens to be open to ALL things Bemani, and any other topics of the such. I'm sure you are aware of that though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy.

Sorry to have disrupted your comfort zone. Next time, just say "That's really great, but when's IIDX going to get the same sort of prompt home-version service from Konami?" No need for the attitude, hm?

The way you phrased things made it appear more as if you were talking down to those who play DDR primarily, not expressing a mere preference. Sorry for any misconception, but there's no need to be rude, either.
Xiayu
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for that. I guess I was too quick to start throwing punches since we've all been through all types of crap in the forum world. Looking back at what I posted, I did get way too defensive and I apologize.

I will admit that I started right off with the 'OMfg' stuff instead of what you referred because I really am pissed off about this. Although it is a great thing to DDR players, I think the DDR community has been getting quite a lot of Royal treatment, while other Bemani (with the exception of Pop'n) doesn't seem to get as much attention when it should be worth just as much to the company that makes it, considering that they created the games in the first place. It's like having multiple children, and giving extra special care to just one of them, and making sure the rest just know that they are somewhat appreciated. I know you know what I mean, so I'll stop babbling now. I am just frustrated.
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That much, I understand. Konami's been twisting a thorn under my flesh for a long time, by holding out on releasing Policenauts in the 'States (after they went and translated it completely) for the better part of a decade. Who knows if that will ever happen, though.

I don't know, I guess somebody in the company feels that it's not worth producing at this time. It's not fair, and it's frustrating, but there's no reason to bring that disappointment and subsequent anger to this place, where no one can do anything about it.

That said, I appreciate your apology, and hope for the best from Konami. For both of us. riiight.gif
Neo-RevenG
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Atlanta, GA, but still have a home in Rocky Mount, NC
34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since that ended politely riiight.gif back onto the discussion.

so what do you think what would be on the songlist?

My expectation are the Extreme Exclusives, Bemani Exclusives, Returning Dancemania, and some of the Home Ver songs.

I really Have any clue about any oni's or nonstops though
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then when they finally ship it here -- probably something like May 2004, given the usual time between JP to US, it'll be gutted like a fish! laugh.gif

Come on, you know it's true. DDR Max taught us that much. Given DDR Max US was nice, but still ... it wasn't any JP. I wanted to murder them for not giving us "Flash In The Night". disturb.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Lune wrote:
Come on, you know it's true. DDR Max taught us that much. Given DDR Max US was nice, but still ... it wasn't any JP. I wanted to murder them for not giving us "Flash In The Night". disturb.gif

Did MAX JP have So Deep?
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Lune wrote:

If you honestly haven't learned by now that licensing songs in different areas of the world is an entirely different process and that Konami Of America is TRYING to give the DDR community something in addition to the official Japanese mixes...I don't know what more I can do. I've only posted the reasons why about eleventy billion times. E10.gif

DJ Xiayu wrote:
Did MAX JP have So Deep?

Yes it did.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they doing this? Didn't Max2 sell horribly?
A Secret Pudding
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably feel that MAX2 was a sales fluke, that they had released it too late or something of that sort. Besides, a lot of the new-for-MAX2 material wasn't all that exciting. Extreme has the advantage of having more new songs, with a higher amount of overall quality.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: