Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

First Batch Of E3 News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancin_crazy3k
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD-Man:
It looks like your rite, but i wouldnt jump to conclusions just yet. In DDRMAXUSA R&P used parts of the FMV from telephone operator. So you can toss the background idea in the back( E4.gif corny). But as for the steps...
(looks at stepchart)
Cannot conferm it yet. riiight.gif They dont have a stepchart. One sec...
(plays DWI)
YES! those are the steps. but why are we wasting our time on guessing while we could just ask the mods that went to e3.
How about it guys? E4.gif
-CrAzY

On September 23, my life shall be changed for ever.....

Well at least untill EXusa comes out
E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
gs191
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,

I looked at the trailer, i looked at the screenshots, im just wondering one thing. I hope they have the oni remixes on ddrmax2-usa. The interface looking at the trailer is alright, a remake of the DDRMAX GUI (thats graphical user interface for you non-geek people) and the songlist is kinda ok from what i'm looking at right now.

Now i think DDRUltramix is a leap of faith for KOA to expand there horizons for the DDR and Benami franchise (if they have a Benami franchise in the US). i like the old skool interface (really nostalgic, reminds me of the pre 5thMIX days) and the songlist so far looks like its going to have some U.S. exclusive tracks for DDR. (yeah we said that for DDRMAX USA and DDR KONAMIX and they end up on the next arcade version)

anyway i'm kinda dissapointed beause i neither own a ps2 or a xbox and been feeling gulity playin stepmania for the past 3 years, and not supporting konami. anyway i'll wait until the x-mas rush to get a new console and ddr game i want.

and looking to the future, what there going to call the next US ddr game ? DDREXTREME:DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION ????
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, can't wait for the MAX2 version. We're finally getting Still In My Heart, all we need now is Do Me. E13.gif

On the X-Box version nothing seems too too good. Although What is Love? by Tomosuke is awesome E1.gif .

Hope we got a Create Oni Mode, YAY Beginner, now I can teach all my friends how to play, and play Beginner when I get tired.
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....what is love..... Isn't that the song from night at the roxbury? Hehe, sorry, no clue who sings it....
View users profile Send private message
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZARcasm wrote:
....what is love..... Isn't that the song from night at the roxbury? Hehe, sorry, no clue who sings it....

Please see http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6995462#6995462
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to toss my 1/2 cent in..

1) Do It Right was the credit-scroll music for 5th Mix home... of course it was also an unlockable song in that same mix, much like Candy(Star) was in DDRMAX as previously mentioned about 2 pages ago.

2) The exercising rabbit being used in any US MAX2 videos means nothing, mainly because it was used in other songs in Extreme [which lacks TWS, IIRC], and was used in the song BG for Cotton-Eye Joe in one of the Euromixes, I think.

That being said, I'm sure that the JP MAX2 home-"Exclusive"* stuff is probably gonna be in US MAX2.

*Well, you can't really call anything "exclusive" anymore in regards to Konami originals... riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a mistake in my opinion to put Paranoia Survivor on the U.S. Max 2 for 1 main reason: The FMV background, since it shows the DDR Extreme arcade cabinet in pieces, and we American ddr players really weren't supposed to know about that game, yet. And parts of that background have flashbacks of that stopwatch backround used in the old ddr games. But, even if they change the background FMV, I think it's still best to wait for the American version of DDR Ex to put the song in, because of the name of the song.

I wouldn't mind the other exclusives from the Jap. Max 2 in our game, in fact they should be in our game.
View users profile Send private message
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
It would be a mistake in my opinion to put Paranoia Survivor on the U.S. Max 2 for 1 main reason: The FMV background, since it shows the DDR Extreme arcade cabinet in pieces, and we American ddr players really weren't supposed to know about that game, yet. And parts of that background have flashbacks of that stopwatch backround used in the old ddr games. But, even if they change the background FMV, I think it's still best to wait for the American version of DDR Ex to put the song in, because of the name of the song.

The Paranoia Survivor video shows a MAX2 machine turning into an Extreme machine for maybe the last, what, 15 seconds?

And by that logic, we're not supposed to know about any arcade machine other than DDR USA. And then why does Konami keep mentioning Beatmania IIDX in the manuals for the artist interviews?

Konami knows we know. Extreme machines are everywhere. Out of all the reasons to not put a song on a mix, "we're not supposed to know about this machine" is a pretty poor one.
Basic Member
Basic Member

108. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys but I would only want to play it because they got 4 strings take me away (into the night) and dirty vegas days go by because those are pretty cool songs. That and it looks like fun!!! E4.gif
imagoth2001
Basic Member
Basic Member

109. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys but I would only want to play it because they got 4 strings take me away (into the night) and dirty vegas days go by because those are pretty cool songs. That and it looks like fun!!! E4.gif
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is sorta of topic, but for Ultra Mix that is to come out for XBox, does that mean that we all have to get new pads for the XBox or is Konami going to make a PS2 to XBox converter like they did when Phantasy Star Online came out to convert from USB to XBox Format?
Does this mean new pads?
dj 8-ball
Staff Member
Staff Member

111. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Man 95747 wrote:
I know this is sorta of topic, but for Ultra Mix that is to come out for XBox, does that mean that we all have to get new pads for the XBox or is Konami going to make a PS2 to XBox converter like they did when Phantasy Star Online came out to convert from USB to XBox Format?
Does this mean new pads?

As far as I saw/know.
Konami will be releasing X-box pads.
I wouldn't worry about having to buy pads since there are so many convertors that allow you to adapt controllers for different sysyems.
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

112. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing cactus........

any cactus spottings? a la gamelan de couple and one other song on extreme that i can't seem to remember?
Boltstorm
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

113. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a picture I took of the X-Box DDR pads at E3 but I don't have anywhere to post it, if you wanna see them I can e-mail it to yah. They look pretty snazzy but aren't that great, about as effective as the old madcat $10 pad.

Kinda on topic Madcat was showing off a pretty cool foam pad at E3 as well, I might have a picture somewhere.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: