Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

First Batch Of E3 News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBoy227 wrote:
Does anyone know if Max2 or Ultramix will be on a demo disk (ex: Jampack) so we don't have to wait so long to try the new ones?

Well, if it does show up on a demo disc, you can bet I'll be extracting any tentative song list info that I can, just like last time. ;-)

dancemaniadk78 wrote:
Does anybody think 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive and Z's Maxx Unlimited will be in DDRMAX2 USA. I Hope So

I think Maxx Unlimited is pretty much a given, but I don't know about Maximum Overdrive. That would be cool, though.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Squallheart
Basic Member
Basic Member

81. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey konamie has an official trailer for DDR MAx 2 for ps2. '

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&object_id=498353&adtag=network=ign&site=ps2&pagetype=medialist&page_title=DDRMAX2+Dance+Dance+Revolution
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
freestyla411
Basic Member
Basic Member

82. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: DDRMAX2 - Dance Dance Revolution Reply with quote

[quote="dancemaniadk78"]Does anybody think 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive and Z's Maxx Unlimited will be in DDRMAX2 USA. I Hope So riiight.gif[/quote]

frust.gif hmmmmmm dude i think you need to get things straight HAHAHAHA
look i dun know about 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive being on Max2 USA but ITS KINDA F ing OBVIOUS that MaxX Unlimited is going to BE ON DDR MAX2 USA because what other MAIN SONG will they give us if they don't give us MaxX Unlimited? huh? betcha ur speechless you don't know
cuz for sure there is no WAY there going to replace it with THE LEGEND OF MAX. think b4 you talk
cuz LOOK
max300 and Candy (star) were the main songs of MAXJP so what happens is on MAX USA max300 and Candy (star) were the main SONGS that were in RED LETTERZ okIE you following along? and NOW MAX2Jp
MaxX Unlimited and Kakumei are the main RED LETTERED SONGS so CHANCES ARE MaxX and Kakumei will make it to MAX2 USA otherwise you can't call MAX2 USA that because its missing the important songs OK
i'm done E13.gif
dancin_crazy3k
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: DDRMAX2 - Dance Dance Revolution Reply with quote

freestyla411 wrote:
dancemaniadk78 wrote:
Does anybody think 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive and Z's Maxx Unlimited will be in DDRMAX2 USA. I Hope So riiight.gif

look i dun know about 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive being on Max2 USA but ITS KINDA F ing OBVIOUS that MaxX Unlimited is going to BE ON DDR MAX2 USA because what other MAIN SONG will they give us if they don't give us MaxX Unlimited? huh? betcha ur speechless you don't know
cuz for sure there is no WAY there going to replace it with THE LEGEND OF MAX. think b4 you talk
cuz LOOK
max300 and Candy (star) were the main songs of MAXJP so what happens is on MAX USA max300 and Candy (star) were the main SONGS that were in RED LETTERZ okIE you following along? and NOW MAX2Jp
MaxX Unlimited and Kakumei are the main RED LETTERED SONGS so CHANCES ARE MaxX and Kakumei will make it to MAX2 USA otherwise you can't call MAX2 USA that because its missing the important songs OK
i'm done E13.gif

Try correct english next time you post. No one can understand you. blink.gif
-CrAzY

On September 23, my life shall be changed for ever.....

Well at least untill EXusa comes out
E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Squallheart
Basic Member
Basic Member

84. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know most of you ddrfreaks will probably thinking im stupid for this opinion but i wish they would have put bakkwo in one of the us mixes o.o;; I love that song. I always get down to that beat but seeing has how the current song selection i quess ill keep playing it on the arcade. Although I am excited about twilight zone and also hope long train running and a minute are in there. Oh and the other top fave is Blow My whistle tongue.gif
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squallheart: From looking at the ddr trailer, it appears Max 2 will get Long Train Running and The Whistle Song. I reconize the steps and background to Long Train Running since it's shown there. The Whistle Song's background FMV is the actual music video of the song.

I don't know why those 2 songs haven't been considered official yet, it looks like we'll get them.
View users profile Send private message
Aaron_Kwok
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if were going to get any of the songs from EXTREME, Cartoon Heroes would be cool. (though probably very doubtful, but I can hope) I've got my fingers crossed for Cow Girl, but that probably won't happen. Oh well. Days Go By will be cool, though, I'm looking forward to it. The X-Box track list sounds cool so far, but I'm not shelling out a lot of money just for an X-Box (I guess I'll just steal my brother's from him, though I don't have broadband like he does, so I can't use X-Box Live, blasted 56k) I wonder if the PS2 version will support internet play, if Sony decides to release the Hard Drive, to store all the downloaded songs and steps and such on. OK, I'll stop rambling now.
DDR19320
Basic Member
Basic Member

87. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif oh yea twilight zone is the best song i am gonna buy new versions of DDR
View users profile Send private message Send email
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

88. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the mods who went to E3 are back home now. I don't know how much there is to add, though...but yes, there were officia;l Konami Xbox soft pads being used.
Staff Member
Staff Member

89. PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with jtf (i could be wrong: i was drinking) the other night, he mentioned something about spotting colors appreantly being in the video they were showing over the konami booth.

Days go buy is easy on single/double heavy mode. It's definetly intended to be a freestyle song.

- Quickening is fun on double - not too hard, it reminded me a little of stoic and r3.
- MGS was hard (at least on home-pads). 9 feet on single/double heavy.
- That thuggy D song rivals 'let them move' for "Best song ever" imho.
- The konami xbox pads are much thinner/flatter than the official ps2 pads, i think they are smaller than arcade size though.
- ultramix felt a lot further behind in development than max2. No options screen, holding "A" made you go back to the start screen, etc.
- October release for max2, November for Ultramix (according to the booth staff i talked to)
- The grade screen has a box at the bottom where it puts a couple of lines about your performance and things. I'm sure it's in a screenshot somewhere.
- I like the design of the xbox interface a little more than the ps2 interface, IMHO it looked a little more crisp than the ps2 version. Both looked very good.

Both versions had very limited song lists so talking about omissions right now is pointless. From what I saw both mixes are going to be great.
Basic Member
Basic Member

90. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DDRMAX2 - Dance Dance Revolution Reply with quote

[quote="dancin_crazy3k"][quote="freestyla411"][quote="dancemaniadk78"]Does anybody think 2 Unlimited's Maximum Overdrive and Z's Maxx Unlimited will be in DDRMAX2 USA. I Hope So riiight.gif[/quote]

cuz LOOK
i'm done E13.gif[/quote]

Try [i]correct[/i] english next time you post. No one can understand you. blink.gif
-CrAzY[/quote]

the reason you can't read it is because you're DUMB E4.gif
hahah jP
look i was trying to get my point across because that one guy asked a dumb question. i mean come on now "does anybody think MaxX Unlimited is going to be on MAX2 USA"? well its kind of a given YES actually more of a 100% yes because MaxX is the main song of this version!!!!!!!!!! okie
And as far as Maximum Overdrive i don't know if its going to be on Max2 USA but i wouldn't mind seeing it on the game.
Oh and lets say Max2 USA comes out and the Extra Stage happens to be something else and not MaxX then Konami has no right to call Max2 USA that name because they don't have a max song in the game. GET IT?
and hopefully when it comes out we'll get something like
Highs Off U, So Deep, something thats Paranoia like Rebirth or Survivor but chances are we're going to see Eternal because i think thats the only one we haven't seen on a US mix,ooooh V(for extreme) but i doubt it cuz its sez its for EXTREME, Waka Laka, Witch Doctor i guess,oh and Moba Moga,Dive (deeper version) and yeah thats all i can think of so far i'm hoping to see aight laterz biggrin.gif
evn
Staff Member
Staff Member

91. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DDRMAX2 - Dance Dance Revolution Reply with quote

freestyla411 wrote:

the reason you can't read it is because you're DUMB E4.gif
hahah jP

Way to flame there big guy.

Quote:
well its kind of a given YES actually more of a 100% yes because

Nobody saw Maxx Unlimited (or Max300/Legend of Max) on the demo, nor did the people I spoke to say it would be in the game so there is no evidence thus thus far that it will be on the game. At the same time nobody said it wouldn't be on the game either and the rep stressed that many new songs would be on the game.

Without concrete evidence supporting your claim you're just speculating no matter how obvious it seams to you.

Quote:
Oh and lets say Max2 USA comes out and the Extra Stage happens to be something else and not MaxX then Konami has no right to call Max2 USA that name because they don't have a max song in the game. GET IT?

Konami could call it homo-dance-party revolution if they want: it's their game: they have the right to do whatever they want with it.
Staff Member
Staff Member

92. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Snype wrote:
umm how do i get into e 3, i am a member ogf the gamer advisory panle for sony playstation... is that good enough?

You have to be a member of the press. The Gamer Advisory Panel doesn't cut it. Sorry.

Actually that should be good enough to go. SONY has to either pay for your badge upfront and mail it to you or they get you a guest voucher in which case you need at least 2 legal forms of unquestionable ID stating you are involved in the Electronics/Media business.
Business card + copy of business liscense with seal of state on it really helps.
[Related] retail store employees get to go using guest vouchers by showing ID plus things like most recent paystubs etc.
Basically you gotta prove that you're legit and not some guy off the street just wanting to go.
It's proving it that can be a pain in the a$$.
For sure it's not just limited to the press. But if you were press....SUPER HOOK-UP ON THE SWAG!

This wasn't mentioned but the Konami X-box pads are Green, Red and Black. disturb.gif
temporaryspastic
Staff Member
Staff Member

93. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj 8-ball wrote:
This wasn't mentioned but the Konami X-box pads are Green, Red and Black. disturb.gif
temporaryspastic wrote:

and there is a konami brand of DDR pads..they look weird..
Black and Green and Orange..

and yes, the Xbox pads are HELLA nasty...i dont like them...
they had a 3rd party xbox pad there too..they were taping it down when we got there on wednesday..

Last edited by temporaryspastic on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
[Phirate]Rice President
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to select characters to dance??
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

95. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

temporaryspastic wrote:
and yes, the Xbox pads are HELLA nasty...i dont like them...
they had a 3rd party xbox pad there too..they were taping it down when we got there on wednesday..

Yeah, the 3rd party one was taped OVER an official one, so maybe the official one stopped working or something.

Anyway, there was no character select screen as there were on mixes 5 and before.
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B!tching and moaning over 3000000 posts on the Max2 USA wishlist thread... am I THE ONLY PERSON TO NOTICE THIS SCREENSHOT?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e32003/ddrmax2_screen014.jpg

Whatever happened to the influx of "OMG! BURNING HEAT HAS TO BE ON DDRMAX2 USA!!! LOL!! OMG! WTF! GTG! BRB!"?

As far as I can tell... those 4 triplets are indeed the steps to Burning Heat.

Perhaps you should add this to the list?

Also, I want to add in my two cents. I'm really liking the tenative songlist for DDRMAX2 US.

ON THE OTHER HAND... I really think that the X-Box version looks like a step in the completely wrong direction.

The in game graphics (not the backgrounds) were really crummy... like someone mentioned, they look a lot like something straight out of a DDR simulator (NOT EMULATOR! GET IT RIGHT FOLKS!). I think getting rid of characters in the background was the best thing Max could have done... they were annoying... they didn't really follow anything in particular. They really served no purpose at all, save as a distraction, and not in the good sense of the word either.

The tenative songlist for the X-box doesn't impress me much either...

MGS2: Mission R / LED - Didn't like it much...
What Is Love / Tomosuke - Don't know this song...
Mind Parasite / Tomosuke - Wasn't really all that fond of it to begin with.
Keep Your Body Movin' / Thuggie D - Never heard it.
On The Jazz / Johnny Dynamite! - Played this song enough on 5th mix and Max2 ARC, despite how much I enjoy it.
Quickening / DJ Taka - Bleah... neither of these songs were good on DMX. (This and Mind Parasite)
Electro Tuned (the SubS Mix) / TaQ - NO THANK YOU. Double stepping 16ths on two home mixes is enough.
Overblast / LED Light - Bleah... EVERYONE just wants a piece of Overblast these days. Max US is enough for me (Damn you MAX2 JP!!! Don't be mad Overblast, I still love you!)
Lets Talk it Over / Shin Murayama feat. Argie Phine - No... just... no.
Kind Lady / OKUYATOS - Yuck.
Look To The Sky (True Color Mix) / System S.F. feat. Anna - Heard it enough times, and I've got enough Look to the Sky on Konamix and Max US.

Whatever, it's good to see that it's branching out onto a new platform though. I'm not rushing out to buy an X-Box because of it.

Oh yea, one last note, someone mentioned that "credit songs" rarely make it into DDR... well, maybe so, but don't forget Think Ya Better D. First mix featured a longer (2:00 or so) version complete with dancing Afro in the end credits (for PSX, I dunno about arcade), and it was a 2nd mix song.

I'm done.
Gee, the One thing that FrUstrates me the most is when i see a sCreenname or sentence lacKing anY Ordinary rUles foR SpElling and capitaLization. Funny that very few actually have a rhyme or reason behind their methods.

Last edited by GD-Man on Mon May 19, 2003 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that does look like Burning Heat. I always just took that one as assumed, though. :-)

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Wolven Ancestor
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you could say Burning Heat is possible in MAX2, but that screenshot doesn't pursuade me to believe that it is.

As people have been noticing, the colour for Standard seems to be changing to yellow, is it not? (not saying this is for sure, this is just what i have been seeing people say)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

99. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: DDRMAX2 - Dance Dance Revolution Reply with quote

freestyla411 wrote:
cuz LOOK
i'm done E13.gif

That's like saying that US Max shouldn't have had foot ratings bceause JPN Max didn't. They aren't the same game, they do have differences. Some songs might be the same, but how do you know that Konami won't change it? Also, please type in English from now on, thanks.

'Take Me Away - 4 Strings' on doubles heavy is really really fun. Ask Islander or IguanaGrrl, as they saw me play it a million times. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: