Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Hmmmm....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamk
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm.... Reply with quote

I just wanted to throw this question out there. Does any think that KoA should reopen their arcade division and produce another version of DDR?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
NAOKi SYNDROME
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asuming they choose a better song selection, integrate Extreme's style, and again, get a good song selection, then yes...
It could be a reality, seeing that Ultramix is based on Xbox, the American Bad-boy, and they might get some decent songs. However, it takes alot of time for the art and the step formulation, and apparently Konami is spazzy about making thier art different each time for new songs, which isn't bad...

It all depends if DDR becomes a hit where everybody on the street plays it, but the problem with that is the possibility of becoming a "pop" game, which has its spurt, then dies... But if it stays underground *The state it is in now* then it'll probably continue... And don't forget, Konami has better things to do, like working on CastleVania and stuff... Making an American branch again is a dangerous gamble, seeing how much you have to pay the guys...

(And look at the american website of Konami, IT SUCKS!)
-Mystik-
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellan wrote:
Asuming they choose a better song selection, integrate Extreme's style, and again, get a good song selection, then yes...
It could be a reality, seeing that Ultramix is based on Xbox, the American Bad-boy, and they might get some decent songs. However, it takes alot of time for the art and the step formulation, and apparently Konami is spazzy about making thier art different each time for new songs, which isn't bad...

It all depends if DDR becomes a hit where everybody on the street plays it, but the problem with that is the possibility of becoming a "pop" game, which has its spurt, then dies... But if it stays underground *The state it is in now* then it'll probably continue... And don't forget, Konami has better things to do, like working on CastleVania and stuff... Making an American branch again is a dangerous gamble, seeing how much you have to pay the guys...

(And look at the american website of Konami, IT SUCKS!)

no, now it looks like they are focusing on karaoke disgust.gif disturb.gif goog.gif god, i hope that doesent go to the arcades..i won be able to play ddr if people who can't sing are screaming lyrics out E2.gif but i think they need to make a decent US ddr arcade game to redeem themselves from the horrid monstrosity that was DDR USA laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with karaoke revolution? It might be fun. What I'm really interested in is Martial Beat. I seen the game on toysnjoys.com and I would like to see it in the arcades. Seems kind of impossible just because the sensors strap to your arms and legs.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like probably never again, unless there is some miracle....good luck!! DDR Ex is the last machine you'll see...
View users profile Send private message
Acky
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they should then maybe "import" other Bemani *coughIIDXcough*.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
jamk
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys don't have IIDX? How sad. Where I lived (Hawaii) and where I currently live (So Cal) has a few IIDX machines. It's fun but I still can't get off light 7.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great title for this thread.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: